Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Ants HD IP Camera (Dropcam Clone) for less then €30

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Would a 32gb sd card suffice for this or should I go larger? I would probably only have camera set to record only when motion detected and I wouldn't be away too long from recording site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Would a 32gb sd card suffice for this or should I go larger? I would probably only have camera set to record only when motion detected and I wouldn't be away too long from recording site.

It depends on where the camera is and how much movement it's likely to detect. I have one in my living room to check in on my kids (so I won't miss first steps, etc) and it holds over a week set to record on motion.

I plan to use it for exterior security purposes primarily, most it will probably pick up is the postman or the odd raffle ticket seller I hope. Yours is a 32gb too? Sounds more than enough for me then I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

I plan to use it for exterior security purposes primarily, most it will probably pick up is the postman or the odd raffle ticket seller I hope. Yours is a 32gb too? Sounds more than enough for me then I reckon.

yeah. 32GB should be loads for you.

McG wrote: »
    yeah. 32GB should be loads for you.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

What is the recommended combo of camera firmware and apk versions for these ?

Can't get the the app to see my camera at all now (was working fine a while back), but when I get as far as pointing the camera at the QR code nothing happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

@ Tyler - I use 32gb (i've a feeling that they can't take 64gb)

@ Eamonn - more info. please. Is it the Chinese version of the cam or not? What app. are you sing, there are several. Mine is no longer working on Yi Home, but is on Mi Home and Yi camera.

iba wrote: »

@ Eamonn - more info. please. Is it the Chinese version of the cam or not? What app. are you sing, there are several. Mine is no longer working on Yi Home, but is on Mi Home and Yi camera.

Was using the Yi Home app, chinese version of the cam. Will try the others and see if I can get any further when I get a chance.

eamonnq wrote: »

Was using the Yi Home app, chinese version of the cam. Will try the others and see if I can get any further when I get a chance.
    As I said Yi Home not working for me either (since last update) and I have not had a chance to try and fix it yet. Also using Chinese version.

Anybody got a link to the Mi Home apk that works ?

• Advertisement

Anybody got a link to the Mi Home apk that works ?
    I've been looking for you but I can't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

I took the apk from my phone, link below. It works fine but I never updated my camera firmware so that could be your problem if it's the same version apk. I might have an older apk version saved too if you need that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxeNzi8S5RmZEU5cjVHZjdPOEE/view?usp=drivesdk

Keith186 wrote: »
    I took the apk from my phone, link below. It works fine but I never updated my camera firmware so that could be your problem if it's the same version apk. I might have an older apk version saved too if you need that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxeNzi8S5RmZEU5cjVHZjdPOEE/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks for that, will give it a go. That is the Yi Home apk, but there is a Mi Home one (that used to work for me), but I think I should be able to put on 'old' firmware on the camera and give it a go.

Thanks again.

Anyone know what threee details need to be entered into yi app registration? My Mandarin isnt the best.

Anyone know what threee details need to be entered into yi app registration? My Mandarin isnt the best.

I think you register your account on the website first and then just use the login details for the app.

https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/register

I think you register your account on the website first and then just use the login details for the app.

https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/register

cheers, yeah, registered with miu account, seems to be stuck on pairing now, wont do it

got it up and running, do people recommend against updating to latest firmware?

Not me.

Also you said you are using a YI app. Which Yi app, Yi Home or Yi Cam?

Not me.

Using yi home, it worked briefly and to my surprise uttered its first English words "This camera can only be used within China" :). Any ideas? Thanks

I used to, but I think if you have it working now, leave it alone!!!

Had mine working fine but updated firmware and haven't gotten in back in action (yet!!).

• Advertisement

Not me.

Using yi home, it worked briefly and to my surprise uttered its first English words "This camera can only be used within China" :). Any ideas? Thanks
    Is your camera the Chinese version or non-Chinese version. If it is the Chinese version (which it sounds like it is) you may have to go to the Xiaomi forums to find the right app.

Not me.

Is your camera the Chinese version or non-Chinese version. If it is the Chinese version (which it sounds like it is) you may have to go to the Xiaomi forums to find the right app.

Yea its chinese, im just reverting back to old firmware now. I am using the chinese yi home app too

Seems to be WiFi issue perhaps with router kr signal strength. Ive only recently upgraded to 4g with a basic huawei router. Prob need one with a stronger signal strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Anyone elses camera not connecting through the app lately

bazery wrote: »
    Anyone elses camera not connecting through the app lately
    Which app?

Mine works with Mi Home and Yi Camera but not working through Yi Home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Just tried mine via the Yi Home app, it's working fine. Didn't realise there were two others you could use!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've Yi Home and it stopped working for about a week or two. Tried again to see what the error message was and it's back working somehow.

It previously said something like can't connect to network.

opus wrote: »
    Just tried mine via the Yi Home app, it's working fine. Didn't realise there were two others you could use!
    Yeah. I find it all very confusing.
    When I use YI Home it connects but all I see is a black screen/image/picture/feed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Sorry to butt in. Where can you still get these camera with night vision? Everywhere I look they're all sold out.
    Other suggestions would be welcome for a home security use (inside upstairs window).

Advertisement