Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Argentina for £275 Return [Threads Merged]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Its a no from me Simon....

It wouldn't let me pay via PayPal even though it was a option. I would only book this via Paypal because then my money would be secure if it went south.

Im out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭MissNomer

It wouldn't let me pay via PayPal even though it was a option. I would only book this via Paypal because then my money would be secure if it went south.

Im out

Would it not be more secure with a credit card?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 pete_fire

what a pathetic post.

google "expedia scam" and you'll find the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

MissNomer wrote: »
    Would it not be more secure with a credit card?

I don't have one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

I don't have one

You should look into getting one even a prepaid one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭notuslimited

In this instance it would appear that Logitravel did not price in the fuel surcharge for particular days. This is not a scam....just a mistake. Other travel agents have done the same and honoured the flights. Let's see what happens tomorrow morning when they realise their error. I have an acquaintance in Lufthansa in Dublin and I will check with them before travelling to make sure everything looks OK from their systems. The fact that I can check my reservation on the Lufthansa website gives me comfort that I have a booking. I won't count my chickens just yet all the same.

In this instance it would appear that Logitravel did not price in the fuel surcharge for particular days. This is not a scam....just a mistake. Other travel agents have done the same and honoured the flights. Let's see what happens tomorrow morning when they realise their error. I have an acquaintance in Lufthansa in Dublin and I will check with them before travelling to make sure everything looks OK from their systems. The fact that I can check my reservation on the Lufthansa website gives me comfort that I have a booking. I won't count my chickens just yet all the same.

Can they cancel now? The flights were given at that price (and were available for several days, not like it was a few hours), we've booked, been charged and have received confirmation directly from Lufthansa (on the website).

Would be handy if you have someone you can check with, but maybe don't make a song and dance out of the low price - you don't want to draw their attention to it any more than you have to!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 howardm

Booked this morning. St Patrick's day in BA :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

Im out

I was able to pay using PayPal although it took a bit to load everything..

I got the booking details email from the website and you can check the details on Lufthansa as well

I guess now we just wait and see if they cancel everything or if they send out the boarding passes

lulzordan wrote: »
    I was able to pay using PayPal although it took a bit to load everything..

I got the booking details email from the website and you can check the details on Lufthansa as well

I guess now we just wait and see if they cancel everything or if they send out the boarding passes

Would it be common to cancel at this stage? I'm not really up on these things but I remember a few years ago when Aer Lingus accidentally sold tickets for something ridiculous (49 euro return to New York or something?), they tried to cancel them and there was so much of an uproar that they changed their minds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

howardm wrote: »
    Booked this morning. St Patrick's day in BA :)

You're going to spend Paddy's day on Bargain Alerts:confused:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

ShaunC wrote: »
    You're going to spend Paddy's day on Bargain Alerts:confused:;)

Don't we all?!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

Hi folks,

My cousin is getting married in Buenos Aires in March and availing of this price would go a long way to justifying the trip.
    Seems from the above posts that the offer could end or be rescinded tomorrow. Does anyone know if I could get a full refund I were to take the plunge and book now but cancel myself at a later date? There's a good chance that I wouldn't be able to cobble together the rest of the cash for the trip, but at least I would have a target to aspire to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

How is everyone booking this I dont get that price? ??

What dates are you putting in? It's only on certain dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Just put in a search date then click 'calendar' under tools. You can move the dates forward to see the dates/prices in the matrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MMiskella

I'd love to go but I'd be afraid of causing an international incident with a bowl of alphabetti spaghetti.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

hey guys-ok I have just booked it!! cant believe I did it bit scared in case it is a scam but its on my credit card so there is some protection there. I have been in Argentina before on my own backpacking and loved it so when I saw this post and it was an opportunity to go back I kind of jumped at it :) fingers crossed it works out for everyone! iv booked from the 11th of may and the 26th so if anyones going around the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

1 hour n 15 min stopover in munich is too tight, any delay in dublin would put you under too much pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Booked this myself with a few others. The trouble is we could only get a booking with a 1 hour 5 minute stopover in Frankfurt. I've been told we will be ok with that amount of time but I'm still worried. The arrival and departure are in the same terminal so that makes it seem like it's doable. What do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

FatRat wrote: »
    Booked this myself with a few others. The trouble is we could only get a booking with a 1 hour 5 minute stopover in Frankfurt. I've been told we will be ok with that amount of time but I'm still worried. The arrival and departure are in the same terminal so that makes it seem like it's doable. What do you guys think?

Thats the only thing putting me off:( So close to booking but its just too tight for comfort especially with connecting flight in Sao Paulo aswell for me. Im prob being way too sensible. God damn bargain alerts!:)Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they have missed connecting flights in Frankfurt twice before. I reckon you should be ok though as they surely woudn't advertise if it wasn't doable u know. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

juansheet wrote: »
    Thats the only thing putting me off:( So close to booking but its just too tight for comfort especially with connecting flight in Sao Paulo aswell for me. Im prob being way too sensible. God damn bargain alerts!:)Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they have missed connecting flights in Frankfurt twice before. I reckon you should be ok though as they surely woudn't advertise if it wasn't doable u know. Best of luck

Yeah I booked it with another connecting flight in Sao Paolo also, that's why I'd be worrying. I think it's doable. At least they're in the same terminal. Hopefully the gates are nearby and I'll make sure to get a seat at the front of the plane from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I pulled the trigger. Looks like I'm going on my own though. Ridiculous value if it works.

Tried booking more tickets but couldn't find them on the same date.

Slightly nervous about going on my own but I'm sure I'll join some group.

BA to BA (not via BA) here I come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

FatRat wrote: »
    Yeah I booked it with another connecting flight in Sao Paolo also, that's why I'd be worrying. I think it's doable. At least they're in the same terminal. Hopefully the gates are nearby and I'll make sure to get a seat at the front of the plane from Dublin.

My brother told me he connected the flights in Frankfurt with 1h15m or so.. so it's not that crazy in our case

I'm just glad to be going home without having to spend so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭positron

MMiskella wrote: »
    I'd love to go but I'd be afraid of causing an international incident with a bowl of alphabetti spaghetti.

Lol. I wonder if last nights Top Gear special has anything to do with this price drop. Top Gear being extremely popular around the world, and with endless repeats and replays for years, Argentina's image is going to take a hit around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭notuslimited

Regarding tight connections, Airlines and airports set minimum connecting times and are not allowed to sell tickets which would likely result in a missed connection. Because you will be on a single ticket all the way through to BA, Lufthansa will be contractually bound to get your to your final destination. If you miss the connection because your flight ex DUB is delayed, Lufty will have to either rebook you with another airline when you get to MUC/FRA or else put you on the next Lufty flight (the following day most likely) and provide you with hotel accommodation and meals. Regarding these flights, I think people should stop worrying about the connection and only worry about whether Logitravel will throw a spanner in the works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

Regarding tight connections, Airlines and airports set minimum connecting times and are not allowed to sell tickets which would likely result in a missed connection. Because you will be on a single ticket all the way through to BA, Lufthansa will be contractually bound to get your to your final destination. If you miss the connection because your flight ex DUB is delayed, Lufty will have to either rebook you with another airline when you get to MUC/FRA or else put you on the next Lufty flight (the following day most likely) and provide you with hotel accommodation and meals. Regarding these flights, I think people should stop worrying about the connection and only worry about whether Logitravel will throw a spanner in the works.

One word of advise, connections are important if you are only heading off for a week or so. Being stranded in Munich airport overnight(even in a nice hotel) can play havoc with plans and end up costing a few quid on lost bookings at your destination

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

positron wrote: »
    Lol. I wonder if last nights Top Gear special has anything to do with this price drop. Top Gear being extremely popular around the world, and with endless repeats and replays for years, Argentina's image is going to take a hit around the world.

My booking code is H982FKL, should i be worried? ;)

Advertisement