Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Things, Pictures, Media and so forth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Who is the guy at 0.34 seconds? Is he the new Darioo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

IK09 wrote: »
    Who is the guy at 0.34 seconds? Is he the new Darioo

Aye.

Game-of-Thrones-Daario-Naharis.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

TBH he doesnt fit the bill for me either. I had him pegged as a wild man with long blue hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

IK09 wrote: »
    TBH he doesnt fit the bill for me either. I had him pegged as a wild man with long blue hair.

In the books it made more sense to have mad shít like a blue forked beard. It made him (and more importantly, his name) stand out considering the vast amount of names in the books. With the t.v show there's significantly less names so they needn't resort to such trickery. Plus it would've looked fúckin stupid (IMO)..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

cat_and_hound_by_alexson1-d67y2n3.jpg

Arya_Hound_Sm.jpg

tumblr_mnvp3gA1S41qg8i80o1_1280.jpg

arya_and_the_hound_preview_by_kungfumonkey-d67zrhz.jpg

I want a show about their adventures dammit. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There's an article in The Guardian today, praise for the show from an unlilkely fan: Julia Gillard, former Prime Minister of Australia:
    The staff who worked with me most closely talked in a language I didn't understand, discussing the Wall and the White Walkers, the Iron Throne and dragonglass. During moments of rest, the police on my protection detail would be hunched over iPads watching and talking the same strange lingo.

Drawn in, I binged on series one over three days on brief Christmas leave in 2012. I devoured the second and third as soon as I could. Fiction and reality started to collide. Returning to my office after an aborted coup in March 2013, I was greeted with posters of sword fighting with the slogan: "What do we say to the god of death? Not today." I made it known I was barracking for the Khaleesi. After all, what girl has not yearned for a few dragons when in a tight spot?
    NB: there are spoilers later in the piece.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Game of Thrones theme, Jazz style. Yeah baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sigur Ros doing Rains of Castermere, apparently they played the band in this weeks episode:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Gregor & Cersei

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

nTDdyvt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Aye.

Game-of-Thrones-Daario-Naharis.jpg

Is anybody else really annoyed by this? How can they think this was acceptable? Its like something out of a bad soap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

The first guy took another job - what were they supposed to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

You'd expect a show as big as thrones to have a contract to stop him doing something like that. Same applies to the mountain in the first season, the guy in series two was ****e & you didn't even know who he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Get someone who looked somewhat similar, made him look a little similar even?

If they had a character one season played by a white actor, and the next season the same character was then played by a black/asian actor would you not find it a bit odd?

They look nothing alike, its not the shows fault he took another job, but they are in charge of casting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I guess they just cast whoever was best for the role instead of whoever was most like the original actor, makes perfect sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

They should have given him a three pronged blue beard, or something equally outrageous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the first guy was pretty awful anyway, he spoke like arnold schwarzenegger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I frankly don't care about the circumstances. The biggest TV show in the world shouldn't be making mistakes like that. It doesn't help that I really liked the first guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Grimebox wrote: »
    I frankly don't care about the circumstances. The biggest TV show in the world shouldn't be making mistakes like that. It doesn't help that I really liked the first guy.

It was completely outside the show's control. It's hardly a mistake, and the new guy looks more like the book Daario than the old guy did anyways.

Recasting happens in lots of series and movies.

Not the best delivery, but a great speech on celebrity culture from Jack Gleeson. Fairly puts into perspective his reasons for leaving acting

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

This is really cool - its an interactive map of Westeros.

There's a sliding scale on the side, where you can set how far you have seen / read by chapter or episode so you don't inadvertently get any spoilers.

Each town / place has its own 'Westeros wiki' page, and you can track the journey of the main characters

Warning, don't click on the link if you want to do any work in the next couple of days!!!

http://quartermaester.info/

Just saw this on Reddit:

eDxcQ2T.jpg

Nice touch using the purple contacts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Sleepy wrote: »
    Just saw this on Reddit:

Nice touch using the purple contacts!

I saw it, I think the eyes are shopped as opposed to contacts because the entire image has been airbrushed so seems to make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

For anyone interested, The Mountain (Júlíus Björnsson) was in a recent VICE documentary about Icelandic strongmen
    Skip to 12:35 if you don't want to watch all of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Block (8

Can you name them all?

Game-Of-Thrones-Cast-2-1024x682.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Block (8 wrote: »
    Can you name them all?

Game-Of-Thrones-Cast-2-1024x682.jpg

Oberyn, Jaime (?), Cersei, Brienne, Tywin, Varys, Tyrion, Loras (?).

Don't know the lady in the green dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

J. Marston wrote: »
    Oberyn, Jaime (?), Cersei, Brienne, Tywin, Varys, Tyrion, Loras (?).

Don't know the lady in the green dress.

Think it's Oberyns burd Ellaryia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I bet the other actors (esp Bran's little team and Arya) get a bit jealous of missing out on all the craic that must be had with the lively King's Landing cast...

Advertisement