Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

We made the first years get up and clap everytime somebody got off the bus :) It was fantastic.

I forgot how much I hated English aswell :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jenny18

M&S* wrote: »
    That's just a bit more than my class!

Ouch! :( Did you have a teacher missing at some point?

well i have basically all the old books done just need 2 revise and do new book got a D2 only but highest in my school c1 so not to bad.

Repeating could always be an option for me, I set my standards way too high! :(

. i aimed for medicine got 455 and 179 in hpat so 95 points short. most people dont get first choice so make sure u pick loads of options and really research them. if you go to higher options in dublin go to talks on what you want 2 do i was doing law up till then. I my 9th choice galway science. my best friend put 4 courses down and got no offers. always research course requirements and have back ups if you dont meet them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

M&S* wrote: »
    That's just a bit more than my class!

Ouch! :( Did you have a teacher missing at some point?

Repeating could always be an option for me, I set my standards way too high! :(

Amazingly no, they should have forced people to move to pass and they didn't, so everything took forever. We spent an unbelievable amount of time on the line and the circle, which were so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eoin Cunniffe 94

Two days in and already falling behind and it really doesn't bother me :/ definitely not a good sign :/ going to do evening study just to force myself to work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

@ Eoin Cunliffe 94 - couldn't agree with you more. I did after school study for the first time last year and it was really helpful, I actually did my homework to a good standard, and then did a bit of study.

Will drop to pass maths tomorrow....FINALLY:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I stocked up on stationary today. I probably went overboard slightly.

Embedding wasn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Does anyone know where I can get one of those big year planners for your wall? I got one last year sent to me from the institute of education (it was advertised in the Independent) but they don't seem to be doing them this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

What a crap birthday lads. Double home ec, double biology AND doubple PE.

I'm so tired. I'm actually not able to do my homework I'm so tired.

I nearly fell asleep on the couch when I got home. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

donvito99 wrote: »
    Will drop to pass maths tomorrow....FINALLY:rolleyes:

I dropped yesterday. Best decision ever!! :D
    What a crap birthday lads.

Awh :( Happy Birthday :D

Awh :( Happy Birthday :D

I dropped there at the end of last year. It's made school so much easier. :p

Thanks! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Screw studying tonight, had such a **** day. I can't wait until I can run away and never see anyone in my year ever again. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I dropped there at the end of last year. It's made school so much easier. :p

Thanks! :pac:

I will be doing the very same soon, hopefully next week!
    Higher level is just driving me insane! I hate it so much :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

My French teacher had an emotional breakdown in class today. Honestly, he started crying for no apparent reason, several times. It was one of the most uncomfortable moments of everyone's lives.

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Screw studying tonight, had such a **** day. I can't wait until I can run away and never see anyone in my year ever again. :(:(

Same here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Join the club! :(

School will be so much easier once I drop to pass German. I can't handle it anymore, I'm going mad.

Once that's out of the way, I might stand a chance of surviving the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    I will be doing the very same soon, hopefully next week!
    Higher level is just driving me insane! I hate it so much :(

Am I the only person who loves maths?? our entire class of 20 loves it atm!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hollaylay

Can someone tell me whether you only count the extra points for maths if it's in your top 6 without the extra points, or if you get 25 extra just for doing it. My guidance counsellor told us it had to be in your top 6, then you count the points, so if it was your lowest at a b1, which would be 85 points (110 with the extra) you would still count the A2 (or A1) at 90 or 100 points instead..just need it cleared up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Hollaylay wrote: »
    Can someone tell me whether you only count the extra points for maths if it's in your top 6 without the extra points, or if you get 25 extra just for doing it. My guidance counsellor told us it had to be in your top 6, then you count the points, so if it was your lowest at a b1, which would be 85 points (110 with the extra) you would still count the A2 (or A1) at 90 or 100 points instead..just need it cleared up.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056218794

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hollaylay

woo, thats brilliant :D thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 F1f1

Hey :) K so i did my leaving last year (thank god!) and got an A1 in history :D Kinda need money for college now so was thinking of selling my history essay plans that I made..basically i did out essay plans to cover pretty much anything that could come up in my topics! But..I don't know if these plans would be of use to anyone else or if its more of a personal thing so if anyone wants to take a look at one of them and tell me what they think? You'l be getting a free essay plan out of it! Let me know an I'll PM ya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

After the 1st week, I've a feeling this year will go quicker than expected! :D LCVP portfolio very nearly done and dusted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

So much homework, whoever put together the timetable so that I have all my subjects on Friday needs to get shot. Also I've spontaneously decided to apply to Edinburgh. This should be interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Namlub wrote: »
    Also I've spontaneously decided to apply to Edinburgh.

Ahhh Whataya like :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

13spanner wrote: »
    LCVP portfolio very nearly done and dusted!

Am I the only one that has sweet f**k all done for the LCVP portfolio? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Ahhh Whataya like :rolleyes:

Obviously I'm going to say it's been my dream since childhood in my personal statement...

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Am I the only one that has sweet f**k all done for the LCVP portfolio? :eek:

Same here :( I have soo much to do..
    Also I've spontaneously decided to apply to Edinburgh. This should be interesting...

What course are you hoping to do? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Am I the only person who loves maths?? our entire class of 20 loves it atm!! :confused:

I love it too! And i think my class does too!

That was a hard week :( our new English teacher said we're incredibly behind and basically have to do everything this year. Yay... :(

Namlub wrote: »
    So much homework, whoever put together the timetable so that I have all my subjects on Friday needs to get shot.

I know how you feel. I've them all on Monday too. :mad:

Dropping to pass German next week! :cool: School might be a bit less hellish then. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

I know how you feel. I've them all on Monday too. :mad:

Dropping to pass German next week! :cool: School might be a bit less hellish then. :pac:

Hey I'm only asking you this because of your username, but do the words
    "In Love and Death" mean anything to you? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement