Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Fewcifur wrote: »
    So if I have 23 points before the playoffs and win the playoffs, beating a guy with 30 points, I'll ultimately end up in the promotion board with 23 points?
    Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Horya

Anyone know how high an individual skill can get (Nonexistant-godly / 1-21) with a level 3 training facility?

Horya wrote: »
    Anyone know how high an individual skill can get (Nonexistant-godly / 1-21) with a level 3 training facility?
    Off the top of my head, I think it's about 16. Progress would be pretty slow for the last few pops though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Horya

Thanks mate, I am saving for a level 4 training facility but it might take some time. My highest skill is 13 so I should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Right, so of late the rating of my ruck has gone right down. No idea why, using pretty much the same team I've had for the last season or two and all my lads have pretty crackin' technique... so what else contributes to the aul ruck?

• Advertisement

Right, so of late the rating of my ruck has gone right down. No idea why, using pretty much the same team I've had for the last season or two and all my lads have pretty crackin' technique... so what else contributes to the aul ruck?
    I've noticed the same. I imagine weight, strength speed and even agility could all play a role, but I don't know.

I've noticed the same. I imagine weight, strength speed and even agility could all play a role, but I don't know.

Tis very bizarre really. I mean my team's weight and technique has gone up since last season and my current backrows are agile like gazelles. It's really confusing me, yet my actual in-game performance hasn't really changed, I mean I'm not getting turned over every five seconds, I'm just ****e when it comes to stars!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I wonder does it have anything to do with a change in your style of play?

I wonder does it have anything to do with a change in your style of play?

It could do, I used to have more of a bias towards pick n go where as now I'm more weighted (literally) towards driving, but it hasn't been that huge a change and I'm usually getting only 1 star for rucking these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Form or energy could also contribute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭crisco10

Not sure if agility plays that big a part, I went through a phase for awhile there of having the most unagile team ever and my rucking was about 3 stars..

mar-z wrote: »
    Form or energy could also contribute.

Nope, not form or energy either in my case. Energy has never been below energised and form is up and down all over the place, no real team-wide funk.

I have been playing WNWIM an awful lot, but even when I kicked it up a notch for cup matches I still had sub-par results.

I'm baffled and I won't be tested on this until I get into Div3 and find myself destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭corny

I've noticed the same thing. I've tried various combinations in the backrow and the forwards as a whole and nothing works. It can't be technique anyway every one of my forwards has admirable+. My youth team can barely muster half a star these days too. Could it be just a general drop off all round to make more turnovers happen in the match engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

thought I would throw my bit in - they have to ahve changed something somewhere in the engine - I have only changed two players in my pack this season and yet my rating has plummeted also. admittedly these two players are currently weaker than the ones I sold off - but are only 17 and gaining rapidly!

I think I am going to spend time tomorrow trawling through the offsite and the forums on blackout to see if I can find what change has occurred.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Try changing the discipline on the tactics page. By the book will give a very low ruck rating. Aggressive will give a high rating BUT increases the amount of penalties you'll give away.

Try changing the discipline on the tactics page. By the book will give a very low ruck rating. Aggressive will give a high rating BUT increases the amount of penalties you'll give away.

Cheers... you may have hit the nail on the head!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭crisco10

So, how do you know if your oppo has played WNWIM/NORMAL/LTNT? Is it just the injuries and playing on etc that give it away?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

crisco10 wrote: »
    So, how do you know if your oppo has played WNWIM/NORMAL/LTNT? Is it just the injuries and playing on etc that give it away?

Check energy before and after games, you can also guess by the reporter's summary.

Kicking penalties... what factors decide whether your guy is likely to go for the points or go for something else? Despite the obvious aspects of distance etc. Any changeable tactics that effect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Kicking penalties... what factors decide whether your guy is likely to go for the points or go for something else? Despite the obvious aspects of distance etc. Any changeable tactics that effect it?

Just make sure you have selected a good captain.

3 times Leadership + 2 times Experience.

This will give you your best Captain.

I find that Aggression of the Captain will affect the decision too. I have 2 Capt's that I use, one is aggressive and will mostly kick to the corner, the other is timid and I find he chooses the posts option more regularly.

• Advertisement

jprender wrote: »
    Just make sure you have selected a good captain.

3 times Leadership + 2 times Experience.

This will give you your best Captain.

I find that Aggression of the Captain will affect the decision too. I have 2 Capt's that I use, one is aggressive and will mostly kick to the corner, the other is timid and I find he chooses the posts option more regularly.

Oooh, I never thought about the aggression of the captain! This could open it alllll up! Wow! Thanks Jp!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I know I should know this but are energy levels reset before or after the play-offs?

I know I should know this but are energy levels reset before or after the play-offs?

Promotion playoffs after. Relegation playoffs before.

Promotion playoffs after. Relegation playoffs before.
    ??? Aren't those the same thing? One team is playing for promotion, one to avoid relegation?

promotion play offs are on the friday and saturday between the top four in every league.

relegation play offs are on the wednesday between the 5th and 6th placed teams of the higher league and the teams below the auto promote line in the lower league.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Ok, I have a dilemma that I just can't decide on. Should I LTNT my next opponent to guarantee a fourth place finish? This would then leave me with no LTNT for the playoffs, but I don't want to go up and anything above staying up is a bonus. III.11 is the division. The player below me has to play top spot.

The top team will more then likely beat that 5th place guy keeping you safe but if you wanna make sure of it yourself then LTNT.

Do you think you can beat the 1st placed guy in the play off? If not then play WNWIM in the semi final so your saving the LTNT for a good shot at 3rd place prize money.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

The top team will more then likely beat that 5th place guy keeping you safe but if you wanna make sure of it yourself then LTNT.

Do you think you can beat the 1st placed guy in the play off? If not then play WNWIM in the semi final so your saving the LTNT for a good shot at 3rd place prize money.

Cheers boss, seems like the most reasonable course of action

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Have a quick search there, but could'nt find a definate answer.

Is the Major sponsorship for Div III $100,000?

And is the cost of a Lvl 3 coach 12,500 or 6,500? And same with Attack/ Defense coaches?

Thanks in Advance

Edit : Never mind about the sponsorship question. My finances page just changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Have a quick search there, but could'nt find a definate answer.

Is the Major sponsorship for Div III $100,000?

And is the cost of a Lvl 3 coach 12,500 or 6,500? And same with Attack/ Defense coaches?

Thanks in Advance

Edit : Never mind about the sponsorship question. My finances page just changed.

Lvl 3 coach is 12,500 and then the support trainers (attack etc) are 5,625

Advertisement