Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Ladbrokes think

• 29-06-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭

all their punters are idiots?

Was in tonight and they had in play betting on Verdasco v Malisse.
    Prices were as follows
    Verdasco to win 3 sets to 1 = 100/1
    Verdasco to win 3 sets to 2 = 7/4
    Malisse to win 3 sets to 1 = 9/4
    Malisse to win 3 sets to 2 = 5/4

Score at the time was 2 sets to 1 to Malisse and 1 game all in the 4th set.

So Ladbrokes, how the **** could Verdasco win 3 sets to 1??????????:mad:
    Went up to the counter and told the staff to tell HQ, it was impossible for it to happen.
    4 games later and it was still showing 100/1 Verdasco to win 3-1
    but the prices for the other 3 outcomes had changed. :mad:

Wonder how many €1 and €2 bets they took on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

lads were refunding stakes as a free bet if ballotelli scored first or last
    against italy
    i backed no goalscorer they told me it didnt could yet if i did
    pirlo for first scorer it would count
    no goalscorer is part of the first goalscorer market
    bet was done in shop and your man there told me it was gone
    emailed support and they tell me otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Do Ladbrokes think all their punters are idiots?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

It's not their fault if people are stupid enough to bet on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

BKC wrote: »

This is also true, I actually meant to say yes, and they are right in my response :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

all their punters are idiots?

Was in tonight and they had in play betting on Verdasco v Malisse.
    Prices were as follows
    Verdasco to win 3 sets to 1 = 100/1
    Verdasco to win 3 sets to 2 = 7/4
    Malisse to win 3 sets to 1 = 9/4
    Malisse to win 3 sets to 2 = 5/4

Score at the time was 2 sets to 1 to Malisse and 1 game all in the 4th set.

So Ladbrokes, how the **** could Verdasco win 3 sets to 1??????????:mad:
    Went up to the counter and told the staff to tell HQ, it was impossible for it to happen.
    4 games later and it was still showing 100/1 Verdasco to win 3-1
    but the prices for the other 3 outcomes had changed. :mad:

Wonder how many €1 and €2 bets they took on it?

It's an error on their (sub par) in-play betting system. These problems have been going on for months now, ridiculous that it hasn't been fixed.

But they aren't doing it deliberately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Don't think that excuse will work.
    The one scenario that could not happen is the only one where the price doesn't update or suspend even though the other 3 changed?
    The worst part of this thread is I told the shop staff to tell HQ traders but 4 games later, it's still showing the same odds for something that cannot happen.
    It's a joke, but one that's not funny any more.
    But they aren't doing it deliberately

Of course they are.
    They are quoting prices (and probably taking bets) on something which could not happen.
    If it was the shortest price which wasn't updating, you can be assured that they would take it down immediately.
    If it doesn't work right, don't use it.
    They are making the punters out to be fools.
    Getting close to a call to John Martin to investigate, but I'd guess, having taking all control back to the UK, there will be zero interest from the UK heads.

You say they are "making the punters out to be fools." If people are placing bets on it they clearly are fools and I would go as far to say they deserve to lose their money...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Most punters are idiots

If people are placing bets on it they clearly are fools and I would go as far to say they deserve to lose their money...

I would have thought that if a bookmaker is displaying odds on something, there must a chance of it happening, however large or small.
    Excluding the likes of Elvis to return, "Liverpool to win the PL ;)" and stuff like that.
    Someone could walk in and have a quick look and decide 100/1 is worth a fiver, they mighn't have seen the scoreboard.
    They weren't showing the match live so the only place you could see the scorebaord was the screen in the shop.

Don't disagree with some punters being fools,
    The number of people who back virtual horses is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

You say they are "making the punters out to be fools." If people are placing bets on it they clearly are fools and I would go as far to say they deserve to lose their money...

What stupid comments.

As already posted what about people who dont know the score and
    stick money on it.
    I know you could say people backing without knowing the score is stupid
    but that does'nt mean they should have their money robbed from them un fairly.

What ladbrokes are doing is nothing short of thieving.

• Advertisement

People shouldn't be backing something without knowing the score... that's just retarded.

People shouldn't be backing something without knowing the score... that's just retarded.

Whether you are right or wrong with your opinion of people backing on a event without knowing the current score you dont realy get
    the morally wrong thing Ladbrokes are doing here do you ? :confused::confused:

Its like saying that a american tourist should check the quickest
    route to their hotel before getting into a taxi or otherwise if they get ripped off by the taxi man they deserve it.

Your hardly a ladbrokes employee worried about your job or something are you other than that I honestly cant understand why someone would stick up for a bookie in a case like this.

Ladbrokes hate being in this country, due to the offers & money back from other bookies that they don't have to offer in the UK.
    Just be thankful you are in Ireland and not UK.
    The offers over there are non existant, have a look at the e/w betting on the main golf events as a good example.

robbie1977 wrote: »
    you dont realy get

Your hardly a ladbrokes employee worried about your job or something are you other than that I honestly cant understand why someone would stick up for a bookie in a case like this.

It really doesn't bother me at all.

And no, I'm not a Ladbrokes employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whether you are right or wrong with your opinion of people backing on a event without knowing the current score you dont realy get

Betting in running without knowing the score is idiotic. But even the dumbest punter is going to notice that if one option is 100/1 and the next nearest is 9/4, that its obviously has no chance of coming up.

This situation most likely arises due to a technical issue. That 100/1 is prob max price in the market and it remains displayed as its simpler from a technical point of view at a guess. I don't know why you thing ladbrooks are trying to immorally steal money from punters. First of all, I'd say that make close to zero from that price. And secondly, if they wanted to screw people with pricing there would be far less obvious and easier ways to do it.

It's 100% a technical issue. OP why don't you email the head office instead of reporting it to shop staff?

Are you the same person who thinks that Ladbrokes have also devised an elaborate scheme to defraud people who bet on virtual racing? You seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about this company!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

This sums it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

People being stupid does not excuse ladbrokes' tactics. A lot of seemingly intelligent people suddenly become stupid when lost in the gambling world.

If a person is about to bet on a horse race with the ladbrokes mobile app...backing a 9-4 fav blind may seem stupid to you and me...and it's actually even more stupid when you discover that the race is "in running" and the 9-4 shot was a 4-1 shot 5 seconds ago and is at the back of the field with no justification for the price collapse.

I could fill 3 pages with the crap that ladbrokes get up to but they will always have more people defending them than agreeing with me.

On a recent thread where I proved ladbrokes were up to no good...one idiot announced that he would provide evidence that I was wrong. I'm still waiting for him to come back to the thread.

Are you the same person who thinks that Ladbrokes have also devised an elaborate scheme to defraud people who bet on virtual racing?

Nope that one wasn't me.
    why don't you email the head office instead of reporting it to shop staff?

Because I was in the shop at the time and asked the shop staff to mention it to HQ which they did.
    The fact that it was still there 4 games later was a bit shocking.
    You seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about this company!

Just don't like it when someone tries to take the mick.
    It's hard enough to make any money these days so if they continue to do it,
    I'll continue to mention it.

Had no problems with them offering double the odds if 1st goalscorer scored a
    2nd while also offering a money back offer on the match if player x scored 1st or last.
    Didn't come in for me but at least it was a good offer.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    It's 100% a technical issue. OP why don't you email the head office instead of reporting it to shop staff?

Are you the same person who thinks that Ladbrokes have also devised an elaborate scheme to defraud people who bet on virtual racing? You seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about this company!

That was me. And I was proved to be 100% correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

op... Paddy Power have Roy Keane priced to be next Irish President at 100/1...They must also think we are idiots.

That was me. And I was proved to be 100% correct.

You proved that Ladbrokes were deliberately using fraudulent time keeping to defraud customers?

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    You proved that Ladbrokes were deliberately using fraudulent time keeping to defraud customers?

I proved that they used false time keeping for a period exceeding 6 months that was costing punters thousands every week. It's up to gullible people like you to think that they weren't aware that this was happening.

Paddy Power have Roy Keane priced to be next Irish President at 100/1

At least that still has a chance (however slim)....unlike.....:rolleyes:

They must also think we are idiots.

Depends on your view of who will be next Irish President or who would be a good bet for it.

Its amazing the amount of bookie reps looking at forums sticking up
    for their employers. :pac:

Why else would someone in their right mind think its ok for a bookie to offer odds on something that cant possibly happen and think its ok for the bookie to keep the money . :confused:

Why else would someone in their right mind think its ok for a bookie to offer odds on something that cant possibly happen and think its ok for the bookie to keep the money . :confused:

Why would someone in their right mind bet on something that's not possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Ladbrokes hate being in this country, due to the offers & money back from other bookies that they don't have to offer in the UK.
    The offers over there are non existant, have a look at the e/w betting on the main golf events as a good example.
    +1

Their golf betting is ridiculous, often the worst odds on offer and only paying 4 places when others are paying 5 or 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Amigomenor

This is not true actually. they are seeking to get a foothold in Ireland and are actually investing a large portion in their shops.

Offers on the euro's were better in comparison to other bookies although they fail badly when it come to marketing. Example of this was their lucky pants promotion that was stolen by paddy powers and appeared in the denmark game. They have a poor PR person in Hayley O Connor and are not good at getting their message across.

I agree offers in the UK are worse but the net is available to shop punters should they choose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Nope that one wasn't me.

Because I was in the shop at the time and asked the shop staff to mention it to HQ which they did.
    The fact that it was still there 4 games later was a bit shocking.

Just don't like it when someone tries to take the mick.
    It's hard enough to make any money these days so if they continue to do it,
    I'll continue to mention it.

Had no problems with them offering double the odds if 1st goalscorer scored a
    2nd while also offering a money back offer on the match if player x scored 1st or last.
    Didn't come in for me but at least it was a good offer.

So let me get this straight, you are claiming that Ladbrooks are attempting to intentionally defraud their customers, and you believe there is a pattern here, but you still frequent their shops and you want us to tell you if they think their customers are stupid LMFAO, couldnt make this sh*t up!

• Advertisement

you are claiming that Ladbrooks are attempting to intentionally defraud their customers

What I said was "Malisse is 2-1 up in sets so how could Verdasco win 3-1?"
    Went up to the counter told the staff and nothing was done about it.
    The other prices changed but the 3-1 didn't and remained up.

Simple enough observation and if there's something wrong there, let me know.

you still frequent their shops

Why not?
    There's always the small chance, they will make a mistake of a price the other way.

Advertisement