Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

I think Emma probably wasn't half as surprised as Rumple. I actually think the writers think the audience are ridiculously stupid if they think nobody figured that out already!

The big surprise for me was Cora's hotness. That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

About time they addressed Baelfire/Neal!

Good episode, Henry is getting more and more annoying each episode though. Wonder if they'd actually do him harm.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Canadian promo for next episode answers the query I had about Bae's age.
    Emma asks him if he knows Hook, and he says that this world wasn't his first stop after he left home, if it was he'd be 150 or something. Which implies he was in Neverland, I assume, where people don't age. Some speculation that he's Peter Pan too, but I reckon it's more likely he was one of the lost boys. Also harks back to Hook telling Emma on the beanstalk that he'd seen the same look in the eyes of the lost boys, the look of people who had been abandoned. And how he made some comment to Belle about how maybe he was doing the boy a favour, maybe he didn't want to be found.

I also agree about Henry. I never liked him, but I really don't like him this season. He's just taken off with Emma with not a bit of regard for Regina. Sure she's evil or whatever but she is still the one that raised him for his whole damn life, and bar being a but strict or whatever he had a pretty good upbringing. Especially compared to what Emma could have offered him. I'm not saying he should be bitter and resentful towards his birth parents, but he can be so understanding and forgiving with Neil after 2 minutes, but can't show the woman who raised him a bit of common courtesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I also agree about Henry. I never liked him, but I really don't like him this season. He's just taken off with Emma with not a bit of regard for Regina. Sure she's evil or whatever but she is still the one that raised him for his whole damn life, and bar being a but strict or whatever he had a pretty good upbringing. Especially compared to what Emma could have offered him. I'm not saying he should be bitter and resentful towards his birth parents, but he can be so understanding and forgiving with Neil after 2 minutes, but can't show the woman who raised him a bit of common courtesy.

I too always found Henry's attitude toward Regina to be really strange. I initially put it down Henry being a by-product of "good" and perhaps sensing the "bad" in Regina, with his imagination fueled by his book of stories and his perception of Regina as the "evil queen" / strict adoptive mother. Still though, he asked Regina to stop using her magic and she made a concerted effort, all he really has to do is ask her to give up trying to murderise everyone and then he'll be able to be a part of her life on a consistent basis. Henry would very easily be Regina's redemption.

I have to say though, during his annoying questioning of Gold during this episode I just wanted to tell him to shaddap, stupid child. Then comparing Emma to Regina on the fire escape? Bit harsh. But anywho, seems as though now Gold sees Henry as some sort of threat, as the seer said he would be his "undoing". That's pretty open to interpretation though.

Also, not entirely comfortable with what they've done to Belle, her only purpose now seems to be to serve as an opening for the creepy car dude with the Star Wars ringtone to bring in whoever this "Her" person is.

^ They're very black and white with the characters a lot of the time. Henry just straight up abandoned Regina the minute Emma rolled into town. Fine, she needed to be there to break the curse and what have you but I love a bit of grey in my characters.

The hint at it with Regina at times, but too often they just abandon it. I know when there's so many characters it's hard to give them all proper development, but I'd rather see the grey in Regina than the grey in Rumple. Who personally I think is all black. Even when it seems like he's doing something half decent it's usually for a selfish reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

A Once Upon a Time spin-off starring the Mad Hatter is in the works, so hopefully we'll get to see alot more of Wonderland. :)
    http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/abc-plans-suburgatory-spin-featuring-mad-hatter-78916
    Apparently there's a Wonderland series from NBC coming soon too...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Something I was wondering about last week's episode. How come Belle didn't react to Regina considering Regina had her locked up before they all got their memories back?

And speaking of memories, Why is Gold worried about losing his since we know he knew about the curse and who he was before the curse?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Something I was wondering about last week's episode. How come Belle didn't react to Regina considering Regina had her locked up before they all got their memories back?

And speaking of memories, Why is Gold worried about losing his since we know he knew about the curse and who he was before the curse?

Going across the town line removes your memory completely. No idea who you are before or after the curse. I'm assuming this of course, but she knew Rumple before the curse too so she should have recognised him if it just took your storybrooke memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

A Once Upon a Time spin-off starring the Mad Hatter is in the works, so hopefully we'll get to see alot more of Wonderland. :)
    http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/abc-plans-suburgatory-spin-featuring-mad-hatter-78916
    Apparently there's a Wonderland series from NBC coming soon too...
    Ugh, pass. They want to recast Stan.

I heard ABC are developing a new pilot called "Gothica" which basically sounds like a darker OUAT. There's Frankenstein and Dorian Grey and other such characters. Seems silly that a network would develop so many shows of the same nature.

• Advertisement

Going across the town line removes your memory completely. No idea who you are before or after the curse. I'm assuming this of course, but she knew Rumple before the curse too so she should have recognised him if it just took your storybrooke memory.

I thought when the dwarf crossed the line, he became his storybrooke version

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I thought when the dwarf crossed the line, he became his storybrooke version

Yeah, I think you're right there. But then who was Belle in Storybrooke? Shouldn't she have at least recognised some of the people even if she didn't know their real identities?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah but wasn't she kept locked up in a psych ward the whole time though? Chances are she either didn't see anyone her whole time there or else she was probably kept drugged so wouldn't know who anyone from the town is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

no episode tonite...oscars

JohnK wrote: »
    Yeah but wasn't she kept locked up in a psych ward the whole time though? Chances are she either didn't see anyone her whole time there or else she was probably kept drugged so wouldn't know who anyone from the town is.

She was locked up but we did see Regina go to see her at the end of first episode Belle was in.

This is a SPOLIERY link so be warned! http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/02/believe-sienna-guillroy-and-amy-chung.html

It looks like
    Mulan could be leaving or dying in OUAT

:(

Teasers over here for the next two episodes

http://www.screenspy.com/tv/5-teasers-for-once-upon-a-times-the-queen-is-dead-the-millers-daughter/

My guesses are all spoilered out because I don't know if I'm right or not lol
      Who's going to go evil? I actually have no idea. Probably Emma ha!
        I think Cora's going to die in the Miller's Daughter.
          Unexpected Lovers? Cora and Rumpelstiltskin? Is that unexpected? I guess it's possible that the writers might think so since they thought Nealfire would be a surprise...
            "Regina and Emma face off with magic..." and then fall in love and make all the shippers like me just die of glee. Yes, that's how it'll go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Hero makes a villains move: it has to be Charming.

Charming annoys me more than any other character in the show with his constant goodiness!

I have just been watching OUAT for last month and have finally caught up with it. After reading this thread, people clearly predicted the Neil / Baelfire link. But to me, ir came as a huge surprise!

Also, Rose McGowan as a young cora sounds like awesome casting to me. Hope it comes off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Something I may have missed but how did the Pinocchio guy know that Neal was Baelfire?

I don't think we've been told. There's a lot about Pinocchio that baffles me. There's obviously someone else out there who knows stuff. I think that damn blue fairy is the culprit. She's evil, I know it!

• Advertisement

Something I may have missed but how did the Pinocchio guy know that Neal was Baelfire?

Maybe he watched a few episodes of the show and figured it out like the rest of us did ;)

He came through with baby Emma, right? So that was way way after Baelfire came through, so yeah, there must be someone else pulling the strings, no pun intended :D

Damn!....I now have FIVE episodes to watch!, dunno wtf is up with me?....I just cant seem to "get" into it and get round to watching them....I always end up watching Lost Girl first, then i'm too lazy to watch OUAT and leave it.

Need to get my a** in gear....new episode tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

The last few episodes have been fairly blah for me, predictable and no excitement. I find they could be doing more with the other characters instead of having the same main people all the time.

Curious to see what happens tonight though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wow, really shocked at how much of a conniving bitch Cora was right from the start, so many twists tonight too, still loving this show after 40 episodes.

Last night's ep was great. I still can't tell if Regina is playing Cora. I hope she is. And I hope Snow goes through with her promise, although she's shown previously that she's really crap at keeping promises, so it'll probably have to be Regina who does it. I'm 100% convinced that Cora is a goner either way.

Did anyone watch the Paleyfest thing? I caught most of it on the live stream. Loved it! I thought JMo was looking pretty good in her dykey suit. And LP was perfection as always :)

I didn't watch the Paley Fest stuff but I read a few of the bits that came from it. Excited about the titles of the last 2 episodes, they suggest Neverland!!

As for the episode, I don't know, it kind of feels like they want me to believe lots of developments are happening, but at the same time it feels like nothings happening. They started off the season with this big idea that magic was in Storybrooke, but then sent Emma off to fairy tale land for the first half of the season. Then she's back for 5 minutes and they send her off to NY for a bunch of episodes.

I guess I just expected more to come from the fact that they broke the curse after only one season, they could have dragged it on for a couple if they'd wanted. But I don't feel like we really got the payoff from that. They keep having these "big reveals" but they don't add anything. Like Neal is Baelfire, we knew it already. Cora was responsible for killing Snow's mother, we already knew she was an evil hag and wanted Regina to be queen, it added nothing.

Oh, and Henry's still being a little ****ebag. I love this pizza because it doesn't lie to me!! Shut up, kid! He shat all over the woman that raised him to go find Emma, now he's doing the same to Emma to suck up to this guy that left his mother in jail and ran off. I hope he dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

+1 on all that.

I spend most of the time Henry is on screen thinking of ways he could be written out of the show.

Anyone else ship SwanQueen?

SPOILER IMAGE FOR 2X16 #The Miller's daughter"

tumblr_mj5ptgSvNv1qba3v2o1_500.gif

Swan Queen FTW!

tumblr_mj5rxevQUE1rv1lg5o2_400.jpg

And in this one someone photoshopped the knife away so it looks like love :)
            tumblr_mj5oulTrfk1rf9ttjo1_500.png
            Source here

Pity it's probably a stranglehold or something. Although it looks like Emma's holding kinda loosely for a stranglehold.

• Advertisement

I may or may not have spammed my tumblr dash with like 50 different posts of that one picture.

Advertisement