Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

fjsanchez wrote: »
    :eek: Have to watch this, he knows a lot of info bout mw3
    Its all rumor, nothing he says can be considered fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

iMuse wrote: »
    Its all rumor, nothing he says can be considered fact.

True, its just i got a little bit excited :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

He has a face I'd love to punch.

If true about the dedicated servers on the Elite version you can bet your ass I'll be putting my name down for it.

He has a face I'd love to punch.

If true about the dedicated servers on the Elite version you can bet your ass I'll be putting my name down for it.

Hahaha true he is pretty annoying, but I had to watch the video when i seen it was about MW3.

It looks like it will be like Halo Waypoint

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thread clean up

___

Cover system in MW3 = :(

It was fine in Rainbow Six Vegas but COD doesn't need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Thread clean up

___

I agree, only promotes camping, it doesnt suit the style of the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Speculation, and hopefully it will stay that way.

But if they're talking about creating more destructable environments would'nt that counter it somehow?

ah true, I forgot about that, will see sure, hopefully that may 23rd date is official

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

As highly as I distrust the concept (slowing the game down, not quite COD-like outside of campaign, lack of room for controls, a cover system in a game where cover is penetrable....), the third person mode in MW2 was pretty pants as it was missing a cover system. I would welcome a cover system if and only if it was available in select gamemodes.

CORaven wrote: »
    As highly as I distrust the concept (slowing the game down, not quite COD-like outside of campaign, lack of room for controls, a cover system in a game where cover is penetrable....), the third person mode in MW2 was pretty pants as it was missing a cover system. I would welcome a cover system if and only if it was available in select gamemodes.

thats a really good point, a 3rd person viewpoint doesnt work with 1st person controls, but give it Gears style cover and 3rd person control system and it would. be a cool way to introduce a few new modes without dicking with the mechanics of the game too much

• Advertisement

CORaven wrote: »

I really must be the only one here or who I know who enjoyed 3rd person mode in MW2 :D

But yeah I agree that when it comes to 3rd person mode a cover system must be implemented. Many of the great 3rd person shooters of the past have it afterall. If the gametype were to return in MW3 hopefully it will be.

I just hope MW3 doesn't turns into some messy hybrid of a game consisting of MW2, Rainbow 6 and Battlefield.

I'd agree with Ade that if a cover system were to be included (and if destructible environment was not) that it should be confined to 3rd person.

I quite enjoyed 3rd person the times I did play it in Mw2, loved throwing a c4 that way.

I think they definitely need to introduce maybe 1-3 new gametypes. Keep the comp playlist and the merc playlists oh and mosh pit. I'm not asking for much :P

Take MW2, remove commando, DC and last/final stand, unstackable killstreaks, slap in the blackbird as one, remove heartbeat sensors, new maps, same sound, polish the graphics up a tad, update the menus, new callsigns and emblems, no tac inserion in FFA, finish the Makarov storyline in SP, boom=MW3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

krudler wrote: »
    Take MW2, remove commando, DC and last/final stand, unstackable killstreaks, slap in the blackbird as one, remove heartbeat sensors, new maps, same sound, polish the graphics up a tad, update the menus, new callsigns and emblems, no tac inserion in FFA, finish the Makarov storyline in SP, boom=MW3.

BOOM, happy out, COD 4 sniping too . . Would be well happy with all that

Why do they never listen to us (the community) and leave in second chance, etc? Do they want to piss us off on purpose or something? :rolleyes:

Why do they never listen to us (the community) and leave in second chance, etc? Do they want to piss us off on purpose or something? :rolleyes:

its weird because cheap perks only encourage people to play badly, anyone can spam the sh1t out of the map with grenades, takes decent playing skill to get good scores by running and gunning and outplaying the other team.
    You'd think they'd want people to learn how to play the game properly, and by now you'd think they've realised the COD community is full of assholes who just want cheap victories instead of working for it, the amount of boosters and OMA fools shows that (OMA is great when its used properly though)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

a few places have this saying it may have been leaked, looks f*cking awesome

medium_2vaks44.jpg

think its fake but will have to see, least its a cover that doesnt have the standard blue/orange colour scheme that EVERYTHING has these days:

portal_2_cover-SM.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-2011-Cover.jpg

LA-Noire-cover-art.jpg

c2o4J.jpg

Wearing an orange hoody and a New York Knicks basketball home jersey right now, blue and orange ftw :D

Krudler, you realise how many more people you'll have plagued by noticing the colours in media? :p

• Advertisement

ah but guys you have to admit that cover is awesome even if it is fake it would be awesome as the picture for MW3

but its EVERYWHERE!!! its almost as bad as the crappy comedy/chick flick "red wording on a white background" poster:

ZZ19030843.jpg

guys I dont think this is fake..... the grip on his M4 is a Magpul AFG and they were only made really early this year and end of last year, and he has a heart beat sensor on his RIS rail.... this could be legit

medium_2vaks44.jpg

afg2.jpg

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    guys I dont think this is fake..... the grip on his M4 is a Magpul AFG and they were only made really early this year and end of last year, and he has a heart beat sensor on his RIS rail.... this could be legit

medium_2vaks44.jpg

afg2.jpg

If that's not legit its a damn good fake

heartbeat sensor..noooo!

hey you might know AGB,where would I get a cheap tactical vest, like an airsoft one? I wanna go as Ghost for Halloween this year, have the balaclava, a hoody that would be perfect, get some headphones, combat pants and the tac vest and it should look ok

If that's not legit its a damn good fake

Damn right man, IW would have to top that ****, thats superb!

heartbeat sensor..noooo!

hey you might know AGB,where would I get a cheap tactical vest, like an airsoft one? I wanna go as Ghost for Halloween this year, have the balaclava, a hoody that would be perfect, get some headphones, combat pants and the tac vest and it should look ok

Ebay dude. cheap assed ones are there, just look up airsoft vest and youll get tons of hits :)

After closer inspection and my awesome airsoft knowledge it looks like a PEQ-15 laser unit not a heartbeat sensor, like on the M4 in CoD4.

still think the all white top is too plain, unless theres something spoilerish as an image that going to go in behind him, like the cover of MW2 with the Capitol Hill building in flames

still think the all white top is too plain, unless theres something spoilerish as an image that going to go in behind him, like the cover of MW2 with the Capitol Hill building in flames

Probably the kremlen on fire or something

• Advertisement

could be, the States invades Russia as a backlash from MW2, they hinted at a WWIII take on things, could be the makings of it. roll on the 23rd!

Advertisement