Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard times (please help)

• 06-05-2012 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I'm finding life very hard at the moment. I'm 24 years old and I'm back from Canada nearly a year now. Since I've come home my girlfriend and I had a baby. I live out in the country 10 mins away from maynooth and dunboyne I'm out about three times a week looking for a job but I'm getting nowhere neither myself or my girlfriend drive at the moment she lives in Lucan with her parents not working and she is still waiting on her social welfare since January. I really Need to rent somewhere where I can be close to her and where there is public transport because where I live there is nothing I depend on my father to bring me in everyday. How do I go about getting the extra bit of money to even rent somewhere. I hate being on the welfare it's just I really need to move somewhere temporaraly so I can look for jobs and see my girlfriend

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

If you live 10 minutes from maynooth then cycle in and get the bus from the college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

why dont you look for a house share near lucan, you will not be entitled to rent allowance until you are renting privately for 6mths and on the housing list, but house shares can work out quite cheap

Also you are starting the process and once you are renting 6mths you and your partner can move in together and continue to claim your social welfare and apply for rent allowance and social housing (this is a formality not many actually get social housing)

the only hard thing will be getting your deposit together, but really a house share shouldnt be more than say 400deposit so get saving

try daft.ie to see what there is out there

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jamesyboid88

Thanks I'll have a look at daft. Just a temporary thing until I find a job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Good luck OP make sure the house share is NOT owner occupied and the landlord is registered so you can prove you're renting to the social

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

saa wrote: »
    Good luck OP make sure the house share is NOT owner occupied and the landlord is registered so you can prove you're renting to the social

i rented out a room in my owner occupied house, i gave a letter to the social on behalf of my tenant. This was accepted and they received their rent allowance.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement