Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to upload html online

• 13-10-2011 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

hi just registered domain name with blacknight and now want to upload my html pages to the web just wondering how the hell do i do it, i registered with blacknight and am now thoroughly confused???????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Registering a domain gives you just that - a domain name.

You need an accompanying hosting package for a website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Registering a domain gives you just that - a domain name.

You need an accompanying hosting package for a website.

Thanks I was looking at the minimums package would this be sufficient do you thnk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The minimus is fine for most personal / small business sites

ok and how do i get from html to a web page using this package, i have uploaded the files on the blacknight file manager to the http part of it, so what do i do next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

donalg1 wrote: »
    ok and how do i get from html to a web page using this package, i have uploaded the files on the blacknight file manager to the http part of it, so what do i do next

Right-click and use "View Source" ? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

I don't think we're meant to discuss individual hosts on here, so email their support team and they might be able to talk you through it.

• Advertisement

Will try that thanks.

If i have created say 30 pages of html and now want to put them online obvioulsy i upload them using something such as filezilla which is straight forward enough that even i can understand.

One thing though is if these 30 pages are saved on my c: drive in a folder called website should i create a directory on my web hosting called c and then one in this called website or just one called website on the front page of my FPS.

If in the folder on the C drive i have another folder called images where i store all my images should i then create a directory within the website folder called images and upload these here?

So ultimately it looks like this:

C:\website\images\image1.jpg on the hard drive

/website/images/ on the FPS on the Web Host and then i upload image1 to here?

Is this correct or should i just transfer the folder from my hard drive straight onto the first page on my web hoster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Please contact our support desk directly specifying the domain name etc.,

Advertisement