Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prometheus *SPOILERS FROM POST 1538*

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Amalgam wrote: »
    Noomi for me, mmm, the Henna hair and those cheeky eyes.. [goes all quiet and dreamy]

agreed, there's a bit of the Juliette Binoche about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Is this the first film that Noomi keeps her clothes on? If Daisy Diamond is anything to go on then she is more comfortable in the nip :pac:

Btw any news of advance screens for Prometheus yet? I don't think I can wait another 18 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Raekwon wrote: »
    Is this the first film that Noomi keeps her clothes on?
    Sherlock Holmes 2... not that I'm keeping track... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Is there some contest for tickets? Dublin City Comics have something on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

It's a 15A here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Is this the first film that Noomi keeps her clothes on? If Daisy Diamond is anything to go on then she is more comfortable in the nip :pac:

She has boobs like a former Obese man that lost 10 stone in a month, much better looking with cloths on but wouldn't say she's gorgeous, she has an interesting face though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

bertie4evr wrote: »
    It's a 15A here.

They say there is:
    One gory medical procedure

Hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Another viral released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwEtldZQNew&feature=player_embedded

Nice to see the other half of the future MegaCorporation get a nod in this one also...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Here's an embed of the viral. No spoilers in it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

I was squirming in my seat listening to her English accent. Very cringey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

If the studio had a tad more oomph and bravery, they'd have just released virals and maybe one very short trailer..

The effect would have been better with virals first, then a fairly long pause before the first and only (skeletal) trailer.

Can't wait for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Soundtrack is now available on iTunes.

It's very Goldenthal-ish in places. The two Harry Gregson-Williams contributed tracks are easily the best. Streitenfeld's stuff is what you'd expect from him. It's the type of ambient/atmospheric score that will provoke the usual gnashing of teeth from soundtrack critics. I'll withhold judgement until I've heard it within the context of the film, but I reckon it will work fine.

Oh and this track sounds very familiar. Can some eagle-eared person tell me what the temp track for this was? It reminds me a bit of Hans Zimmer's Sherlock Holmes score.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

WatchWolf wrote: »
    I was squirming in my seat listening to her English accent. Very cringey.

Why were you squirming? That's exactly how Swedish people talk when they speak in English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Lindelof did a Q&A on the Prometheus twitter account earlier if anyone is interested www.twitter.com/prometheusmovie

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

Why were you squirming? That's exactly how Swedish people talk when they speak in English.

You thought she was using her Swedish accent? :P

Her character is meant to be English, hence she is trying to do an English accent. It, evidently, doesn't sound great.

Still really excited for the film though.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Soundtrack is now available on iTunes.

It's very Goldenthal-ish in places. The two Harry Gregson-Williams contributed tracks are easily the best. Streitenfeld's stuff is what you'd expect from him. It's the type of ambient/atmospheric score that will provoke the usual gnashing of teeth from soundtrack critics. I'll withhold judgement until I've heard it within the context of the film, but I reckon it will work fine.

Oh and this track sounds very familiar. Can some eagle-eared person tell me what the temp track for this was? It reminds me a bit of Hans Zimmer's Sherlock Holmes score.

That's fantastic. Definitely downloading this.

That track you linked to does sound a wee bit like Sherlock Holmes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

The two Harry Gregson-Williams contributed tracks are easily the best.
    Hey, which track numbers are his?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

"Life" and "We Were Right".

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ho-ly sh1t.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Old school shít

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

krudler wrote: »
    ho-ly sh1t.

Starting from 0:35 for those who don't know / remember :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Jesus ****ing christ i manage to be pretty much spoiler free the last 6 months except for the 1st original trailer and what did i just hear in the background just now the bloody TV ad giving away plot points i didnt want to know until i was in the cinema MOTHER****ERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats wrong with keeping this stuff a surprise for the cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Jesus ****ing christ i manage to be pretty much spoiler free the last 6 months except for the 1st original trailer and what did i just hear in the background just now the bloody TV ad giving away plot points i didnt want to know until i was in the cinema MOTHER****ERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats wrong with keeping this stuff a surprise for the cinema

N00b.

DON'T watch television.

DON'T listen to the radio.

DON'T read magazines.

DON'T read newspapers.

DON'T subject yourself to the internetz.

Then, and only then, will you remain spoiler free.

Oh..

DON'T maintain any contact with other humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

the cupboard for the next 2 weeks it is so bye :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tits magee

why is that song significant?

tits magee wrote: »
    why is that song significant?

It uses elements from the original Alien score.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It uses elements from the original Alien score.

Fair enough, this whole enterprise feels like a retread to me.

the current tv spot RUINS the fate of one of the characters, I'd managed to only see the teaser and a part of the longer trailer, watching tv last night, looked up and had a massive spoilery image appear, fcuk sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tits magee

krudler wrote: »
    the current tv spot RUINS the fate of one of the characters, I'd managed to only see the teaser and a part of the longer trailer, watching tv last night, looked up and had a massive spoilery image appear, fcuk sake.

are u talking about the
    snake goin down ur man's throat??
    i read on imdb that he actually survives somehow?!?

• Advertisement

tits magee wrote: »
    are u talking about the snake goin down ur man's throat??

i read on imdb that he actually survives somehow?!?

nope, I'd rather not say it cos I can't phrase it without ruining it, but its something major that I wish I didnt now know.

for those who have watched all the trailers and tv spots (highlight at your own risk)
    the shot of Noomi Rapace's character "giving birth"

Advertisement