Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paramedic recruitment

• 26-07-2014 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering when the hse last recruited paramedics?
    Also any idea when they may recruit again?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

The last recruitment was a year ago in 2013, this recruitment formed a panel of almost 200 candidates of which less than ten have been called for training. This leaves enough candidates for at least a 'couple' of years!

As for when the NAS will recruit again, nobody ever knows this and with training due to go CAO in 2015 there may be a chance of one other recruitment drive, but then again this information is rarely known until the lead up to a recruitment drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

Bang Bang wrote: »
    The last recruitment was a year ago in 2013, this recruitment formed a panel of almost 200 candidates of which less than ten have been called for training. This leaves enough candidates for at least a 'couple' of years!

As for when the NAS will recruit again, nobody ever knows this and with training due to go CAO in 2015 there may be a chance of one other recruitment drive, but then again this information is rarely known until the lead up to a recruitment drive.

less than ten from new panel in training ? really ? that's disappointing , any ideas when a new class may be called ?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

McCoy wrote: »
    less than ten from new panel in training ? really ? that's disappointing , any ideas when a new class may be called ?

There is a class currently out on placements, they are made up of NAS recruits from the old 2010 panel and the current 2013 panel, hence the low number from the new panel.

With regard to the next class, I don't think anybody really knows that at the moment. There is provision in the service plan up to 2014 to train 96 recruits, the figure is well under that at present and with the pending changes regarding the location of the college those figures and date could be pushed out further, but I am just second guessing really, as would most at this point in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Donadea lad

Im on band B from the 2013 panel, around 330 on the panel. So I guess i could have a long wait to hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

Im on band B from the 2013 panel, around 330 on the panel. So I guess i could have a long wait to hear anything.

Did people from band B get interviews?

• Advertisement

No, we were emailed last after the results came out and told they would bein contact when all of band A is finished, I'm guessing there was only band A & B.

I'm trying to find info about converting my emt to the Uk Ichd Emt and get a frontline job over there. If you have the ichd emt you dont have to do the first year in the uk paramedic.

No, we were emailed last after the results came out and told they would bein contact when all of band A is finished, I'm guessing there was only band A & B.

Jesus I'd say that could be a while they way things are moving

Are you in a or b

Are you in a or b

I'm in band A have my number on the panel I'm in the 90s and reckon it could be at least a year or more even if things go mad before I get even close and there's around 150 to 200 on panel in band A I was told only 8 or so gone off it as yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 corkemt

As there has been a class in March and one in May this year, the current panel is at no 70 of band a if that's any good to all of you. Roumers state another class in sept which should then bring the panel to close to 88.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 corkemt

As there has been a class in March and one in May this year, the current panel is at no 70 of band a if that's any good to all of you. Roumers state another class in sept which should then bring the panel to close to 88.

Advertisement