Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Imelda May at Limerick Market how much are tickets?

Options
  • 30-05-2011 12:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Cant seem to get it up on ticketmaster for some reason

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1892

€29 each. You can order them through the Dolans website

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Just got into ticketmaster 32.60 thats dear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

€30 on the posters

30 then 2.60 ticketmaster ticket bastard charge.if i got them in Empire would i get charged the 2.60 per ticket aswell?

bigpink wrote: »
    30 then 2.60 ticketmaster ticket bastard charge.if i got them in Empire would i get charged the 2.60 per ticket aswell?
    Unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Buy them from Dolans website..cost 30 euro per ticket in total

But is there a "booking fee" or service charge for lazer/credit card through dolans website?Have to get them for someone so just trying to save them money

Anyone else think 30 euro is expensive for Imelda May?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

But is there a "booking fee" or service charge for lazer/credit card through dolans website?Have to get them for someone so just trying to save them money

She is brilliant live though, and is probably better value for €30 than many bigger names are for two or three times that amount.

I see Gemma Hayes is there over the Bank Holiday weekend as well, and her tickets are €14 which is pretty good for such a lovely singer.

30euro is dear tho for an Irish artist tho no?And a local smallish gig?

14 for Gemma Hayes is very fair i didnt see her advertised?

30euro is dear tho for an Irish artist tho no?And a local smallish gig?

14 for Gemma Hayes is very fair i didnt see her advertised?

GH is playing upstairs there on the 4th June.

Isn't the Imelda May gig in the big tent that Dolans put up near the river rather than in the Warehouse itself? Tickets are probably €5 to €10 dearer due to them staging it off premises than they would have been for the Warehouse methinks.

I think that anyone that goes to see her though will leave afterwards feeling they got value for money from her performance though. Have seen her live a few times and was quite impressed.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    GH is playing upstairs there on the 4th June.

Isn't the Imelda May gig in the big tent that Dolans put up near the river rather than in the Warehouse itself? Tickets are probably €5 to €10 dearer due to them staging it off premises than they would have been for the Warehouse methinks.

I think that anyone that goes to see her though will leave afterwards feeling they got value for money from her performance though. Have seen her live a few times and was quite impressed.

She is playing in 'The Big Top' which is the Limerick Milk Market, which the canopy has nothing to do with Dolans :P

She is playing in 'The Big Top' which is the Limerick Milk Market, which the canopy has nothing to do with Dolans :P

Ahh cheers. When I saw Big Top mentioned on the Dolans website, I thought that was a reference to the big tent they had by the river for bands.

Never knew that the name used for the Milk Market was now the Big Top.

BigPink, the answer to the ticket price is most likely down to costings at the Milk Market.

How is the head/neck by the way? Hope it is not still sore after you were shot with the pellet gun.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Ahh cheers. When I saw Big Top mentioned on the Dolans website, I thought that was a reference to the big tent they had by the river for bands.

Never knew that the name used for the Milk Market was now the Big Top.

BigPink, the answer to the ticket price is most likely down to costings at the Milk Market.

How is the head/neck by the way? Hope it is not still sore after you were shot with the pellet gun.

I think its only called that for Gigs and events, to make it sound more 'spectacular' :P

Can still sting a bit at times, but overall its better, Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

I paid 60 euro for 2 tickets through dolans web-site..Don't know if there is a charge included in that but that's what it cost all in for 2 tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

It will be an excellent gig and great value , you won`t get a chance to see IM after this year in Limerick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

HMV are selling them as well. Tickets are advertised at 30 euro on the poster and no mention of a booking fee. She will be brilliant, I'd say. I saw her in Killarney for the New Years show, 18 months ago, and she only did a few numbers but she blew Sharon Shannon, Shane McGowan and Mundy ('Mundane') off the stage. She had some top notch musicians playing with her. I'd love to see her do a full set. Then she can call back to my flat for a lovely cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bock the Robber

Absolutely amazing gig.

Imelda-May-Limerick-001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

The only advertising I saw for this was a poster inside the door of Smyths =/

Absolutely Amazing Gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Pity they announced this so late. I think she was meant to play in Clare but it got cancelled.

I went all the way to Mayo to see her because I'd it all arranged before Limerick was announced. To be honest €30 was a decent price because her stock has risen in the last year. Have seen her twice now and would definitely go see her again, she puts on a great live show and has a great set of pipes on her.

Have met her as well and you couldn't come across nicer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement