Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Z Nation TV Show (Syfy)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

competing with TWD, AMC versus Syfy. Might be worth a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Something a bit hokey about it, but seems to have a decent cast and an interesting premise with the survivor. Looks like it's worth looking at alright. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Seen Garth from supernatural so I'm in
    The ''we need to get him the survivor somewhere'' bit seems cheesy though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Think I have heard the storyline theme before :rolleyes: still going to watch it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Looks like everything I hate about the zombie genre rolled up into one show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

ScumLord wrote: »
    Looks like everything I hate about the zombie genre rolled up into one show.

Compare to TWD i cant see it holding its own

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

http://www.syfy.com/znation

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Z-Nation-Trailer-Teases-Zombie-Mayhem-Coming-Syfy-66519.html

A little more there. Seems good until you hear it's the same company that made sharknado...

Much and all as sharknado is hilarious, hopefully they have some better special effects for this but the YouTube clip seems to have okay effects. Also the other z movies don't hold out much hope of a competitor for TWD IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Its no walking dead but it's not bad, there was a few ridiculous things in it but i'll watch it again next week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Think I'll stick to killing zombies on the phone, much more fun than this. Let me know if it improves. :D

This doesn't make any sense. They're copying the, any one that dies turns into a zombie thing from TWD but they're still saying it spreads by bites and a vaccine can somehow work.

They basically throw every "wouldn't it be cool if" scene that's come up on the internet into the show and have very little to hold it all together story wise. It's basically what I expected from Sci-Fi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Oh lord god that was awful.

The most awful special effects, think ms paint and win98, guns with no recoil, no flashes, patently airsoft weapon, and new ones to boot, actors who apparently after 3 years don't know what a moveable stock is on a rifle is and hold it like a kids toy, horrible acting, and hardly surprising what happened in episode 1. I won't ruin 'the big surprise'.

The company who makes sharknado moves into the zombie genre..yep it's that bad, and this is from a guy who watched nazi zombie films and thinks, 'hmm not bad', even the missus hated it. Really shows what ace writing and acting in TWD is.
    Every stereo type is here, the sniper who doesn't really talk (let me guess he had to kill his family), the chick with the short pants and top, the tough friends who were in the national guard who just decide to bring the survivor to California, the simpleton old redneck who is tagging along, the tough girl who likes hand to hand weapons, the tough guy who likes pistols, the dodgy survivor who wants to bug out etc etc etc. honestly if you gave this board 1 hour we could write a better back story.

Only saving grace was some of the Z makeup was pretty good.

So out of 10 it gets a 2 or 2.5. The missus and I said we would give it until episode 3 and if it hasn't picked up, we are done.

Only saving grace was some of the Z makeup was pretty good.
    While it's of a high standard it's another example of things i don't like about the zombie genre. Like the guy on the table who shakes his head for a few seconds and next thing his face is all fecked up. Growths and lesions are a sign of the body fighting disease and implies the body is still alive.

I'd forgotten about the baby too,
    that was ridiculous, so now zombie babies are essentially smarter than human babies, can insert a few years of walking experience into the brain, becomes devious. It's more of a monster show than a zombie show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

It wasn't the worst but I found myself disliking a lot of characters - unlike in The Walking Dead.

I also think that after 4 episodes it is going to grow tedious...I'm going to watch a few more before I give a real verdict because I always hate pilot episodes...It took me a year to sit through the whole of The Walking Dead pilot and now I love it! So fingers crossed but I am not so hopeful :/

I'll write a review about it this week to see how it goes.

I'm going to watch it all so I can deride it with scorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

watched this today, its ok not too bad but its from The Asylum and its better than most of its usual stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

So out of 10 it gets a 2 or 2.5. The missus and I said we would give it until episode 3 and if it hasn't picked up, we are done.

Your post was exactly how I felt about it. Good practical effects but terrible acting, CGI, scripting. At the end I wasn't sure if I was watching a show about a zombie virus, or demonic possession.

Terrible stuff, makes TWD look like Gone with the Wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

It was awful, And I set my standards really low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Every stereo type is here, the sniper who doesn't really talk (let me guess he had to kill his family), the chick with the short pants and top, the tough friends who were in the national guard who just decide to bring the survivor to California, the simpleton old redneck who is tagging along, the tough girl who likes hand to hand weapons, the tough guy who likes pistols, the dodgy survivor who wants to bug out etc etc etc.
    You forgot the black guy who is the first to get killed :pac:

I watched the second episode. It was also awful.

I shall, of course, watch every single one of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭maticm18

I will definitely watch it!

• Advertisement

Oh god the dogs. It was done exactly the same way as the baby too. It's like they don't even have a script, there's no reasoning behind anything that happens on the screen.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Oh god the dogs. It was done exactly the same way as the baby too. It's like they don't even have a script, there's no reasoning behind anything that happens on the screen.
    I think they just focusing on zombie kills and gore more than the plot. I mean the zombie are incrediably stupid, even for zombies

bushball wrote: »
    I think they just focusing on zombie kills and gore more than the plot. I mean the zombie are incrediably stupid, even for zombies
    The main characters have the intelligence of zombies. When they found all the oily zombies I knew what was coming but it was a bit disappointing when they give the impression there was hundreds, then only three pop out.

Didnt watch till the end to be honest, had to leave just before that and havent bothered finishing it

yea, I was expecting a massive swarm like wave of oily zombies to come flooding out but instead its more like a burp of a half dozen zeds that just stand there and wait to be set on fire.

Its just let down after letdown.

I feel a duty to continue watching it but it's not even one of those "so bad it's good/funny" type films. It messes up on so many levels, even the action is lackluster and very staged looking, there's no flow to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I kind of forgive it a lot compared to TWD as its clearly made on the cheap. Why does every zombie tv show have people do the stupidest things in situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Am I the only one that kinda likes it? Yeah, there is a lot wrong with it but I find it entertaining enough.

OH I love it, Its awful but its like a kebab after a feed of drinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I am enjoying it. I have shockingly low standards at times though when it comes to television. The last one I watched was the one set in Philly and I enjoyed the meat locker storyline. In gruesome way, of course.

Glad I didn't get attached to that black fella though.

Advertisement