Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Onavo Count is pretty good. Most operators have an app that you can use to check minutes etc. I stopped using Onavo a while ago as I never went anywhere near going over my limits so I uninstalled. There could be better apps available now.

thats for data

i want sms and call count

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

thats for data

Ah, apologies, thought it did SMS/Calls as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

thats for data

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.ub0r.de.android.callMeterNG

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.ub0r.android.callmeter

Maybe of some use? Not sure which is the newer, or more useful version.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »
    Android 4.4 KitKat starting to roll out today for nexus devices.

How to manually update your Nexus tablet to KitKat <<< androidcentral

Zip file available for Nexus 7 (2013) in the above link to manually update.

Zip file for the 2012 Nexus 7 and Nexus 10, now also available from the link!

Unfortunately the zip file wouldn't update my nexus 7! Looks like I will have to do a factory install when they come available!

Found the cause why this update won't work and It was the same with the previous version.

I have stickmount installed and that alters the system file that is causing the update to fail see here. <<<< Note the instruction here where for the previous update!

My solution to the problem was to flash just the system image from 4.3 to my nexus 7 and the flash the update. I used Nexus Root toolkit advance tools.

Note stickmount no longer works at present in 4.4. So if you use that allot, reconsider updating until it's fixed with an update.

Can confirm that stickmount works in 4.4! It's my loose mini usb port that caused the problem

OTA survival breaking OTA update 4.3 --> 4.4

If you have OTA survival mode on in SuperSU that could also cause the update to fail.

very good app ...works perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭corkie

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭monkeycork

Whats the best call recording app? I have 'call recorder' but it fails to record when I'm connected to bluetooth in my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

monkeycork wrote: »
    Whats the best call recording app? I have 'call recorder' but it fails to record when I'm connected to bluetooth in my car.

I am look for one as well. Any i have tried only record me and not the other person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Football Manager 2014.

9 quid tho.

Was the same price last year, I found it too fiddly even on my Nexus 7. Tempted to get this one but only reviews I can find are of the fanboy "OMG!1!!!!111 best game evr playd" variety. Don't want to waste a tenor and not play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Was the same price last year, I found it too fiddly even on my Nexus 7. Tempted to get this one but only reviews I can find are of the fanboy "OMG!1!!!!111 best game evr playd" variety. Don't want to waste a tenor and not play it.

Bought it last night. Very different cosmetically. Bit harder aswell. I normally walk the league. 3 games in and I sit in 7th so far still not sure what's my best formation or team. I had free credit due back to me from three so used carrier billing to buy it so not concerned about the 9 quid. I did have the last two years aswell. Will keep me busy over the weekend.

Cheers for that. Might give it a go. My main issue was in team selection, you had to scroll up and down to make changes and if you had any size squad it was a nightmare. That combined with the constant switching between views to change stuff drove me mad within an hour of playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Anyone know if there is any word on AerTV doing an Android App? I've asked them a few times without any real answer. Last time I asked was about 6 months ago. Anyone with insider info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

It seems all call recorders fail to work on android operating systems.
    Some fixes say if you have the call in speakerphone it works, but have yet to see one that actually does.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Newhand wrote: »
    I full recommend avoiding Pocket Mine if you like to have free time. It is too addictive.

*shakes fist*
    Damn you for mentioning this game, I can't stop playing it!! :p :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Archery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Enjoying Football Chairman Light, very simple game but it has me hooked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Enjoying Football Chairman Light, very simple game but it has me hooked!

I remember thinking that would be a great angle for a game, must give this ago

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

Anyone aware of an app for a standard keyboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Lads,
    Anyone know of a video player app that can play .m3u playlist files? The file works with VLC on my laptop but with the VLC app on me Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Lads,
    Anyone know of a video player app that can play .m3u playlist files? The file works with VLC on my laptop but with the VLC app on me Android.
    You could try mx player, not 100% but it plays everything I've tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭b318isp

You could try mx player, not 100% but it plays everything I've tried.

And QQ player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Cool. I'll try them when I get home later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Came across a cool free app that allowed me play video content on my Nexus 7 and send it via WiFi to my XBMC PC to watch on the big screen tv.

App name is twonkyBeam. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hope this is ok with the local mods, but I just wanted to say we've a brand new forum devoted to Mobile Gaming that's just opened. It will be relevant for anyone who follows this thread :) - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1617

Myrddin wrote: »
    Hope this is ok with the local mods, but I just wanted to say we've a brand new forum devoted to Mobile Gaming that's just opened. It will be relevant for anyone who follows this thread :) - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1617

Thats class Myrddin, bout time there was one set up.

is there an app to block outgoing calls to chosen numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

is there an app to block outgoing calls to chosen numbers?

Fixed dialing numbers in settings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It seems all call recorders fail to work on android operating systems.
    Some fixes say if you have the call in speakerphone it works, but have yet to see one that actually does.

This is correct from last time I looked anyway, its not possible to access the downlink using the standard Android SDK so any apps that claim to without root at least are likely to be poor and only be trying to record output from the speaker through the mic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement