Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Compartmentalised case for carrying components

• 24-09-2014 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I am looking for a carry case to carry my various electrical components. Resistors, caps etc. I have been using a sandwich box until now but it is far from ideal as everything gets mixed up.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to go for? I will be carrying my components with me daily so need a robust case.

I was thinking of something like this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Compartment-Crafts-Plastic-Storage-Case/dp/B000KMGK20/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1411578338&sr=8-6&keywords=compartment+box

However it does not look like it has a handle and I do not know how sturdy it is.

I would pay good money for a good quality one as I don't want the case to open on me unexpectedly and have me picking up transistors all day!

The bigger the better to a certain degree. A perfect situation would be something like a toolbox but compartmentalised with a large cavity that has room for my iron!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

If they are surface mount components then the ones from www.smtzone.com are great. If they are through hole then these are likely too small for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

spideog7 wrote: »
    If they are surface mount components then the ones from www.smtzone.com are great. If they are through hole then these are likely too small for you.

I have a bit of everything going out in the morning! That does look nice though for the home workshop. All the SMD Led's get lost as soon as I take them off the strip :P

Advertisement