Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead Season 5 (WILL contain spoilers)

• 22-09-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Big BIG spoilers in this trailer

If you cant bear to watch until you see the whole thing, dont worry, the wait isn't that long.

October 12th U.S
    October anywhere after the 12th for Europe, most likely 17th or 18th

Be aware that this thread will probably have have U.S airdate spoilers, use the spoiler tags if you've heard rumours on plots, deaths, etc..

9ad7071ad0519e0f0408107fb2d987a274f12239d85e0fe0fd86cb6c1d7a8fdd.jpg

Last season was great, i'm gonna miss Merle though :(

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cant Wait for season 5 to begin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

next weekend! :)))

AMC gave the greenlight for season 6 - at least 2 more seasons of awesome! :) and 6 days to go for season 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Corvo

I'll watch it but the pace of the series really needs to go up a notch - I found last season after the 6th or 7th episode to be snooze-worthy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Last season was a bit meh, but I'm really looking forward to this now.

After seeing this poster

TWD_603x250.jpg?fit=584%2C242 - I'm certain the
    cannibalism and the hunters
    are coming in to the story

• Advertisement

Oooo :D Wont be long now comrades :)

Awh Carol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

That was actually unreal. Probably one of the most nail biting episodes I have ever watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Delighted that they got out so quick. I was prepared for an entire season revolving around escaping. On the other hand, Governor 2.0 is still alive so we'll see how that works out.

I was almost bawling like a baby when everyone was reunited. :o

Same here, even Carl and Rick lol - was ashamedly happy to see Carl look happy to see his dad, but Carol and Daryl. And Rick asking if she did that? Damn right she did! Awesome! :)

Oh, did you catch the little surprise at the end?

• Advertisement

Yeah. Holy ****, I can't wait.

Actually, I just rewatched the end and the sign that Rick covered up with mud is more overgrown than when Rick was there. He's at least a week behind them. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Well that was spectacular. :D

More tayto jokes again? hahaha

Oh, did you catch the little surprise at the end?
    What did I miss?

Barna77 wrote: »
    What did I miss?
    Morgan popped up after the credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Zomg Okay wrote: »

I think they mean the one after that, but if its the badass everyone is thinking they saw its not him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

projectgtr wrote: »
    I think they mean the one after that, but if its the badass everyone is thinking they saw its not him ;)

Didn't see Lucile though...

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

projectgtr wrote: »

Oh, do you mean the mark on the tree? I'm not a comic reader so I haven't a clue what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Rewatching

• Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Who were those people at the end of the episode at the train carriage.

The present occupants of Terminus, before they got owned by Carol - although i guess some of them are still alive. I think the story there was just giving credence to why they turned to cannibalism. The scene in the train carriage was set before they had taken run of the place, earlier in the show Carol shoots a woman in the leg (Tasha Yar from star trek TNG funnily enough) and she tells Carol albeit somewhat crypticly why they do what they do..
    The carriage scene was to flesh out that backstory i guess (heh pun intended)

My brother had an interesting theory after Season 4 that the room Carol shot that woman in was for satanic rituals, and that such a ritual had started the apocalypse.

However, those were names written on the ground so it would appear that it was merely a place to remember the fallen. Thoughts?

• Advertisement

It just hit me that we have to wait a week for another episode. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Didn't see Lucile though...

Can't fricken wait to see her! Didn't think we would get to see her in her fully glory on TV but after the gore in the opening scene I'm excited again.

My brother had an interesting theory after Season 4 that the room Carol shot that woman in was for satanic rituals, and that such a ritual had started the apocalypse.

However, those were names written on the ground so it would appear that it was merely a place to remember the fallen. Thoughts?

Yeah i would have thought it was a memorial room, the "never trust" things on the walls would suggest something awful happened with people the residents gave their trust to

Great episode. Probably one of the best of the whole show. Surprised they dealt with Terminus that quickly considering the build up it took to get there. Guessing now we're gonna see the push to get to Washington, with trouble coming from whatever camp abducted Beth.

I don't know why they'll keep Garret alive considering Rick's "they all die" stance, guess we'll find out.

Carol is redeeming herself in my eyes. I hated her character for so long but she's coming good.

Morgan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Was terminus in the comics. I don't recall it but it's been a while since I read them.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

where is the blonde girl gone who was with Daryl she got into a car and has not been seen since.A mystery.

Was terminus in the comics. I don't recall it but it's been a while since I read them.

Nah, no terminus as such. There was a pack of hunters they encountered who were cannibals, would guess Terminus was an expanded idea based on them.

where is the blonde girl gone who was with Daryl she got into a car and has not been seen since.A mystery.

Beth - nobody knows yet. But at the start of this weeks episode there was a kind of montage of voices in the traincar - One of those was Daryl explaining what happened with the black car with the white cross on it that she was bundled into by some as yet unknown survivors. I'd guess that's an upcoming storyline, it's not like the writers to leave an unfinished tale of one of the regular group

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Enjoyable opening episode. It's no Z Nation mind. :p

• Advertisement

Polar opposite of ZN

Looking forward to next week's TWD, apparently this will be the most "Brutal" season they've done

Advertisement