Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Race or faith?

• 17-01-2016 4:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21

Can a religion be considered a race? I notice many people here seem to fallaciously equate Islam with race and thus if one criticise Islam one may be branded a racist. I'm one of the least racist people I know but I am highly critical of Islam. I disagree that Islam is a race as a Muslim can be white, Arabic, Oriental, Black, mixed race, much like a Christian or Buddhist etc.
    So what do you good people think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Islam is partly Shiitte isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Moved to Humanities. Please read the local charter before posting. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Opinion doesn't come into it. Criticising Islam is not racist, it may be bigoted, or prejudiced or discriminatory, depending on the circumstances, but anyone using the term racist in relation to religion is just incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Can a religion be considered a race?

Mod:

The question doesn't make any sense and the OP has been banned. This thread will be closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement