Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Navy ... any info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Flaming Joon

hi guys, my boyfriend is also starting on the 12th of may, I am very sad he will be moving to cork. We are from Laois :( will you have much time off?I know you have to do six months training first right? How much time will you get off after that? It's very sad my boyfriend will be spending the rest of his life at sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Training is about 20 weeks, then branch training which varies in length depending on what branch your put into. My understanding is you spend 3/4 weeks at sea, then come in for 2 before you head back out (correct me if I'm wrong)

I feel sorry for your boyfriend not having is girlfriend happy for him. Mine is over the moon and I also have to move to cork!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Flaming Joon

well remember to wear johnnies and try not to contract HIV off each other, a lot of arse riding goes on in the navy and army as well :rolleyes:

well remember to wear johnnies and try not to contract HIV off each other, a lot of arse riding goes on in the navy and army as well :rolleyes:

Now I deffo feel sorry for him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 deanfitzg

hey blaine pm me a link to ur facebook n il add ya

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

WTF, over?

Red card for that one.

NTM

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I feel sorry for your boyfriend not having is girlfriend happy for him

I'm just guessing here, but that may not be a valid assumption.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭rockagusroll

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Did ye see on the email, there's another medical to get through?

Yea, i'm sure we'll all be grand though!

Have you lads sent back the form yet? Should we just be marking the items with small/medium/large or what? :confused:

Haha, I'll have a large knife and fork please!

Don't know to be honest. Are you emailing yours or bringing it down on thursday?

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Haha, I'll have a large knife and fork please!

Ha yea it just doesn't quite make sense...:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what to do, what about yourself? maybe send them it in email and bring a copy down on the day too..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnnycarney

hows it goin lads, just found yous here, the waiting is killing me anyone else down on the 8th get a call yet? i called this morning, said my garda vetting isnt back yet. are they calling back in order of getting into the navy or just random whoever comes back first, pass or fail. thanks :confused:

I don't know for sure, a few of us were called last friday with the news so maybe they got a batch back then and are waiting on a few more. One of the lads here only got word today though so you might still hear yet!

cheers, fell better now, sure theres 40 odd lads to be called and bout 120 called back last month so not too bad of a chance, did ya do the testing in croker before this started?

The aptitude tests? Yea, handy enough i thought and then had the interview last August in cathal brugha barracks. What about yourself?

i did that and didnt get any further than an email sayin i wasnt successly, in feb i got an email askin am i still interested in joining, was fair lucky i only read the email a day before it would have been too late to reply yes. hopefully will be joining yas all on the 12th fingers crossed

Best of luck with it so, hopefully you'll hear soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 flatfoot91

well lads i got called back for the 12th,just wonderin what ta do with the clothin form.do i just email it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 naesrrug

hope mine wasnt lost in the post:( all this bloody waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 deanfitzg

Yea, i'm sure we'll all be grand though!

Have you lads sent back the form yet? Should we just be marking the items with small/medium/large or what? :confused:

Thats what i thought but were prob better off sendin an e-mail and askin just incase we **** it up.

Or ask goldie fish cos i spotted him on the IMO. Think hes tellin tall tales bout not bein in the military.

yeah im just going to send it in an email...if i can get a proper size for half the ****e on it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MRLAZY

When did you get the phone call flatfoot? I got it yesterday but still didnt receive the email. Is the 12th just a induction day or is that when we are starting. I was told we can bring a family member with us on thursday??

i got a phonecall last friday MRLAZY, got an email yesterday..it said training starts on friday, thursday must be an introduction.

Just back from the mothers. they posted it to me. it says the clothing form has to be sent back to them asap. So gonna send it tomorrow. We have to do another interview aswell?

I wouldn't worry too much about the sizes, they only have two.... Too big and too small!!

I'd say the interview is just a final few questions to sign us off.. I sent a mail asking about the clothing form but got nothing back so I'm just going to fill it in now n email it back!

This time next week we'll be on our way down :D

This time next week we'll be on our way down :D[/QUOTE]

Na I will be leaving a lot later will only take me 20mins to get down there:D.

yeah not too long now..gonna drink enough this weekend ta last me da 6 months!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 naesrrug

Anyone else get a call yet. I called again today, still no sign of my vetting form.

Alright lads.ye all set for thursday? I cant wait to start now. Cant wait to finish up my current job aswell. My last day now is wednesday, happy days.

How many weeks do ye think they will keep us in before getting a week off.:)

• Advertisement

Yea can't wait to get started, just trying to put together a checklist now for packing, couple things to get but other than that i'm sorted :)
    I reckon it'll be around 5 weeks or so and we might get a weekend off. I remember hearing a few of the lads slagging one of the others down in the base, saying he was off every couple of weeks during recruit training so i guess it depends on the training staff and how well behaved we are ha :eek:

Advertisement