Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MAC makeup duty free / Spain

• 06-05-2013 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hiyas

Off to Spain in a few days and need to top up on some of my MAC makeup, really just need the foundation and a new lipstick (both here would cost 50E)! Would it be cheaper in Dublin airport Duty Free or Malaga airport in spain on the way home! Has anyone ever purchased it in Malaga airport and was it any cheaper than dublin?

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

any airport will not be cheap

malagas not a cheap airport any more

don't forget it will have to go into checked luggage as if the size is not on it they can take it off you

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rayne10

don't forget it will have to go into checked luggage as if the size is not on it they can take it off you

Ive got makeup there before not long ago (both aiports) and they were cheaper , A 30ml bottle and a tube of lipstick is no problem bringing through ever,
    I was just asking peoples experiences in Malaga airport for buying MAC and was there much difference to dublin..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

This is incorrect. If you bought it in Duty Free you cannot put it in checked luggage, nor will you be required to. If you buy it on your departing flight to Spain, then yes, you will have to put it into your checked luggage on the way back (but only if it is over the limit)

The Loop in Dublin Airport do some really great offers, you can reserve online and pick it up when you're flying. They do MAC

http://www.theloop.ie/m/r/129

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

MAC in Dublin Airport is normally about 5-10% cheaper than somewhere like BTs (something I got there was 19 euro, and it was 21ish in Brown Thomas). You'd be saving at least a euro or two on most items.

Unless you're flying out of the EU, most airports would be roughly equal in price when it comes to cosmetics (unless they have heavier tax).

To be honest, I would try and pick it up in Dublin in case it's out of stock in Malaga.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rayne10

Thanks everyone :-) I think i'll just get it in Dublin in case it was sold out in malaga! I know its only a couple of Euro anyway to BT2 but still nice to feel like you're getting some kind of bargain in this country! :D:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

There's a voucher for €10 off if you spend €50 in the loop floating around :) might back it more bargainful

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056914408/1/#post83893878

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

If you're booking parking with Dublin Airport you get a €10 voucher for the Loop too AFAIK.

Advertisement