Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babyliss big hair

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 EVAG

Minier81 wrote: »
    I ordered mine a few days ago from littlewoods with a 10%, it left England that day, got to Dublin and then the delivery company was messing for days. The couriers are appalling, absolutely no communication at all, and no notification from littlewoods about any problems. So I've told the delivery company to return it, and I'll go to power city tomorrow!! So much for easy online shopping, this was my first and last littlewoods shopping experience...

I had very similar situation with littlewoods,i ordered last Sunday online,then on Monday some girl rang from littlewoods saying something about some application ask a few questions,my name,address etc. then bye bye and didn't even say anything about my order!I didn't get any e-mail,nothing!I thought that i could get it today but no, so i rang them up today and the girl said that they cancelled my order for some reason,INCREDIBLE!!!Same like You i order from littlewoods first and last time!!!!
    Anyway got my Babyliss Big Hair in Mahon Point in Sam macauleys,they have about 10 in stock:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I ordered mine a few days ago from littlewoods with a 10%, it left England that day, got to Dublin and then the delivery company was messing for days. The couriers are appalling, absolutely no communication at all, and no notification from littlewoods about any problems. So I've told the delivery company to return it, and I'll go to power city tomorrow!! So much for easy online shopping, this was my first and last littlewoods shopping experience...

That's amazing. Mine came straight away. They actually told me it would take a day longer than it did so I was surprised when it arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

I ordered mine from Amazon.co.uk on Wed and it arrived yesterday. I can't believe how good it is!!!! Don't know why I didn't get it sooner!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

I seem to be the only one who doesn't like it! Have tried it three times and each time I end up with a frizzy mess:(. I think my hair is just too thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 so many qs

I was in DID electrical in Swords on Thursday night and told the man the Currys price and he beat it!48.99! Worth a shot if ur near a DID.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

filo87 wrote: »
    I seem to be the only one who doesn't like it! Have tried it three times and each time I end up with a frizzy mess:(. I think my hair is just too thick.

I have really thick, curly hair and I couldn't live without it.
    You need to wash and condition your hair really well and if you've been using a GHD on your hair before it could just be damaged and need some extra care - try using a serum in your hair while its still wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

How often do people actually use this? I got one and I love it, but it takes so much longer than my usual blow dry then ghd..

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nisior

Anyone know where to get this in Galway City. Argos is out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

mine came from amazon today and it is brilliant. totally in love with it. No more nose bleeds turning my head upside down to get some volume from the regular hairdryer

REALLY love the result

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Minier81

Have any curly haired people been using them? I'm curly and usually get mine relatively straight with blow-drying, any curly experiences with this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Have any curly haired people been using them? I'm curly and usually get mine relatively straight with blow-drying, any curly experiences with this?

If you read the thread from the start you'll find plenty of experiences :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Minier81

If you read the thread from the start you'll find plenty of experiences :rolleyes:

I have read this thread from the start, and found two comments from curlies.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Has anyone used this with short hair? My hair is just longer than a bob but its ridiculously thick and has a life of its own.

295647_f520.jpg

Sorry for the huge pic

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Hi, I used this at the weekend, took about half an hour and all I was left with was a bit more body in my hair than usual. Couldn't manage to get it to curl, or even go wavy.

What am I doing wrong??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Hi, I used this at the weekend, took about half an hour and all I was left with was a bit more body in my hair than usual. Couldn't manage to get it to curl, or even go wavy.

What am I doing wrong??

How wet was your hair when you used it?

It was fairly dry, maybe 90% dry. My hair is quite fine but expected a better result, more like a curly blow dry at the haidressers. Maybe i just haven't got the knack yet? Any suggestions welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

xxdilemmaxx - What's your technique?

If you hold it at the end of the sections and just let you hair wined around the spinning brush for 10 seconds, it should give you a curl at the end.

I got mine at the weekend, love it!

Hi, I was holding it at the ends and spinning, then bringing the brush up and down along my hair, then holding at the root for 10 secs.

While i was holding it at the ends the hair was almost falling out of the brush as its quite fine (if you know what I mean).

The end result was nice and volumised but alas no curls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

just got this yesterday and it seems to answer some of my prayers!

I've medium length wavy hair that has a tendancy to go completely frizzy at the hint of dampness (not a problem here then:rolleyes:)
    I tried it on my dry hair and it completely calmed down the frizz without going dead straight. I think I'll dry my hair either completely or almost fully and then just finish off with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I gave into the hype and also bought one of these and I have to admit it is totally FAB. I am on day three of my hair and it is still presentable. Won't be bothering with the straighteners any more now I have this which has to be a good thing for hair. Hair doesn't feel as nice or soft as if you got it blow dried in a hairdressers but in these recessionary times they are small things to be considering:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

I got mine from littlewoods about two weeks ago and i have to say i love.it....its the best ever...i cannot blow dry to save my life but with this i get loadsa volume and ppl asking me did i get my hair done:D cant reccomend it enough

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Can you blowdry your hair straight with this, yes?
    I'm trying to find an alternative to using my GHD every day (RUINING my hair) so is this kinder for your hair than using a straightener? Do people use balms/serums with it?
    My hair is waist length so I'm not sure if this would really work for me or not but I may try it as it seems pretty popular with you boardsies! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Posy wrote: »
    Can you blowdry your hair straight with this, yes?
    I'm trying to find an alternative to using my GHD every day (RUINING my hair) so is this kinder for your hair than using a straightener? Do people use balms/serums with it?
    My hair is waist length so I'm not sure if this would really work for me or not but I may try it as it seems pretty popular with you boardsies! :)

You wouldn't be able to get straightener straight hair iykwim, It's more like a smooth/sleek voluminous blow dry kind of look, I've got long hair too and I LOVE it, I use moroccan oil with it and I find it really good but I suppose I really should pick up a heat protector although I don't use it at the hottest setting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

May I ask where you can get this moroccon oil and about how much is it? Do you just use it as a hot-oil treatment?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

There seems to be a lot of reviews from people with thick or curly and frizzy hair, but what about people with fine hair? I'd be really interested in this as I blowdry my hair with a round brush and still have to straighten it afterwards which is awful as I'm trying to grow it and the ends are all dry and fine! What's the verdict with the style lasting, does it last the full day? I think the resulting style is just what I'm looking for-sleek and smooth but voluminous, I just want reviews from people with finer, more fragile hair! Is it drying, does it snap the hair? Do people use product with it? I often use a volumising blowdry lotion while blowdrying and would like to continue using it. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Posy wrote: »
    May I ask where you can get this moroccon oil and about how much is it? Do you just use it as a hot-oil treatment?

It's not hot oil, you just pump it from the bottle.
    It's 40 euro and I got mine in my hairdressers. The girls in the place all swear by it, so I think that's a good recommendation.
    You literally use a pea-size amount, rub your hands a bit then run them through your hair while it's still damp.
    You can use a tiny bit once it's dry as well to suppress frizzing - you have to make sure to really rub the pea-size amount into your hands first though.
    Hair does not look oily at ALL and smells yum!
    because it's very thick and you only use a tiny bit, it'll last a long time so it's expensive but lasts ages

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I picked up one of the Babyliss big hair in Asda today, £22.50, just in case anyone is looking for them up north, in fairness there was only one on the shelf, but maybe you would ring around??
    Just finished trying this out, my hair was already straightened, but its had been rained on and caught up, so was in a state, was surprised at the finish I got from the BBH, even the other half said it looked more "done" and volumised then jut the usual GHD straightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

I had been debating whether or not to buy this. got it today and just used it. i can see it would be amazing for a fringe and defining layers but what i bought it for is volume at the roots i've long hair and sometimes can be limp. can anyone give me tips on how to get the volume? my hair has a lovely shine after using it so i will perservere with it i know it won't be perfect on 1st go!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

Babyliss have made this tutorial. You may have seen it. Starting at the end, you kind of wind it up towards the root and let the thing sit for a few seconds.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p307qweGOi8&feature=related

Bought one online. It's in the post. Can't wait to try.
    Heard it's good for straightening and I've got curly hair.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

Sorry, the quality of that video isn't very good at all, but youtube babyliss big hair and you'll find more options.

Advertisement