Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

which one is worth the money ? Mac Mini or Dell XPS

• 20-03-2009 6:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi All,

Mac Mini : 1049$ ( 2.26 Ghz, 4GB RAM)
    HP 25inch: 511$ (amazon)
    Total : 1560$

or

Dell XPS 435MT found at this link
    http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11466105&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&N=4017763&Mo=12&pos=1&No=3&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=4348&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&Sp=C&ec=&topnav=

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Well what are you going to use the machine for? If its games your pushing for, the Dell would probably be better.

Also as both of them are US models, you will get the US keyboards, power etc. What is the shipping price to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭redhat_newbie

Thank for the response here, I was much inclined to Dell.
    I would be using it for games and for 3D animation using Maya / 3ds Max.
    Kin coming over for summer, they would be getting them.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sotiris1

I bought a mac and two months later bought a new pc due too all the problems i was having including internet connectivity issues uploading websites and more.
    Mac has some great features but it depends on what for If you wanna create music and things the mac is great. If you are gonna buy bothpc + mac like me my advice is buy the pc first.

Advertisement