Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stewards enquiry 2.45 - Newmarket

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭DelSutton

http://www.britishhorseracing.com/resources/about/whatwedo/disciplinary/stewardsEnquiries.asp?theDate=08/06/2012

Sorry link was in post above..
    Newmarket, 8 June 2012

The Stewards held an enquiry under Rule (B)11.6 into possible interference from approaching the furlong marker. Having heard their evidence and viewed recordings of the race they found that the winner, LOLLINA PAULINA, ridden by Neil Callan, had interfered with BELLA OPHELIA (IRE), placed second, ridden by Darryll Holland, and that the interference had not improved LOLLINA PAULINA’s placing. They ordered that the placings remained unaltered. The Stewards found Callan in breach of Rule (B)54.2 and guilty of careless riding in that he allowed his mount to drift right-handed. They suspended him for 4 days as follows: Sunday, 24, Monday, 25, Tuesday, 26 and Wednesday 27 June 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Stewards never overturn anything that is about half a length deficits. I'd be annoyed if I was on the runner up as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Think it was the right call. The second had plenty of time to get back up and didn't

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Del Sutton, can you provide a link for the above, please. And I'll re-instate he post again. Thanks. C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

can understand feeling hard done if on the 2nd...but decision probably consistent with appoach over recent years...i.e. happened far enough out, winner half L clear at line etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Take a look at the 5.15 Market Rasen. The eventual winner jumps the last 7Ls down. THe jockey almost falls off but leans twice on the jockey on the jockey on the horse in 3rd to stay in the saddle. Somehow he gets up to pass the idling horse in front by a nose. He also impedes the horse that eventual finishes 4th close to the line. Stewards had 3 seperate enquiries in the race before leaving the result stand. worth a look at the replay on sportinglife.

Advertisement