Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident's parking in City Centre?

• 20-08-2013 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am moving to a town house in Galway city centre near eyre square which does not have any parking.
    I have seen on sites such as daft.ie and rent.ie that you can rent car parking spaces in the city centre for around 60 euro a month.
    Does anyone know if this is the best bet for parking or what are my other options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

Parking is free on the streets from 6:30pm to 8:30am and all day Sunday so if you're working a 9-5 job, you might get away with that and then leaving the car in the Dyke road on your days off at €4 per day.

It would cost less than renting a space in town but you may find it inconvenient.

I think the car park at tkmaxx and the one across the road (with the gate, down from the bike shop) rent car spaces monthly. I don't know what the costs are like but, I'm sure they would be advertised on daft, or the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are you thinking of getting a resident's permit? Will you live there for the foreseeable future?
    If so you can scan some older threads like this

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wardf

Hi thanks a lot for the replies.
    Turns out we got a different property that has on street parking.
    Do you know is it easy enough to obtain a permit from the city council and does it take long to process??
    I know how to go about applying (on the galway city council website) but just wondering do they hand them out to everyone who has a valid application?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

They do hand them out to anyone with a valid application, but it's not a walk in the park. If you read the previous link it'll take quite some time and many hoops to jump through.
    For me it took weeks and meanwhile you just have to cough up the dosh for parking yourself.

Advertisement