Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Our Teachers Lied To Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That I'd never amount to anything.

Hold on..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

MikeySligo wrote: »
    Yeah our teacher used to say you needed to dial into God by blessing yourself, and then at the end, don't forget to put the phone down.

Heh. instead of doing the blessing bit, you can replace it by
    1 -8 -0- 0- GOD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

lol, one of my teachers once thought it was Tuesday, when I knew it was in fact, Wednesday. How dumb is that? From then on I didn't bother trying to learn from her as I lost all respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

micmclo wrote: »
    Oops, you're correct, M I double S I double S IPPI is what I meant!
    It was a rhyme to learn Mississippi and then they added Londonderry at the end

Can’t believe I’m the only one to hear of this :(

Never heard the Londonderry bit. In related news:

A bus stops and two Italian men get on. They seat themselves and engage
    in animated conversation. The lady sitting behind them ignores their
    conversation at first, but her attention is galvanized when she hears
    one of the men say the following;

"Emma come first. Den I come. Two asses, dey come together. I come
    again. Two asses, dey come together again. I come again and pee twice.
    Den I come once-a-more."

"You foul-mouthed swine" retorted the lady indignantly. "In this country
    we don't talk about our sex lives in public!"

"Hey, coola down lady" said the man. "Imma just tellun my friend howa to
    spella Mississippi."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Our ignoramus of a religious teacher was teaching us about how bad drugs were and listed Freddie Mercury as a victim of drugs. I raised the point that he was gay and died of AIDS but she told me to shut up, refused to acknowledge that it had anything to do with it. "No. it was heroin."
    Stupid bint.

Pfft, that's nothing. I had a teacher who tried to convince us that Japan was a third world country. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

That a monster lived in the farmers field behind the school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Pfft, that's nothing. I had a teacher who tried to convince us that Japan was a third world country. :pac:
    I bet you nearly had a stroke! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I had a French teacher who told me Ireland was a third world country.

And another who swore Charless II was a devout protestant.

Fool.

bEst goes to Neo-Nazi teacher in my dads school:
    His leaving cert question to the kids:

"Explain how Saddam Hussein was a CiA agent"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭CrazyNoob

They lied about me going blind and getting hairy palms :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,016 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"It's nice that you can draw, really, but that's not really what you want to do with your life, is it?"

"It's more important for you to stick with the Irish as you're poor at it, than to learn a foreign language."

"The Inter Cert is the most important thing you will ever do."

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Well having science class straight after religion meant someone was lying to us.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Dudess wrote: »
    Until I started questioning the existence of god

Did you get an answer? :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The I before E rule is nothing but deceit.

Also, had a teacher that insisted that it was the earths spin that held us all to the ground and that if the earth ever stopped spinning we would all fall off, despite me putting some bottle caps and other bits on a circle of plastic and spinning it around to show her what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Stinger-bar

They lied about the Junior and Leaving cert being of any relevance to anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

I have yet to encounter an oxbow lake in the real world. I think that one was a windup.

lol

Earthhorse wrote: »
    "i" before "e", except after "c",
    Unless you seize the weird sovereignty
    Of your neighbour's feisty kaleidoscope,
    According to the pope.

Never heard that one. It makes up for the other one which is pure lies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,279 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

That America won ww2 in Normandy. I believe that myth is still taught. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I had an English teacher who swore blind that the word Atlantic was spelt Athlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

if i could remember anything from school i'd be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

'everything you learn has so many applications in the real world':rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Protons arn't really fundamental particles... :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Dudess wrote: »
    Hmmm... Good point. I suppose blessing oneself is the equivalent of paging/texting/phoning God. I mean he's a busy guy. He can't just know some random person in Ireland has started praying to him at that moment... On second thoughts though, wouldn't he just know since he's all powerful and all knowing?

Unfortunately even God gets migraines and headaches, i don't suppose god likes people screaming in his ear every second of the day complaining about their lives. Plus he might not be to happy about all the sickening things that is going on in the world today and might not give a f**k about us anymore.

Anyway i was lied to by my maths teacher in Primary school when she told me you can't go past 0, i guess -1 all the way down to -100 were only invented when i got into Secondary School

I was also told never to talk to stangers, but i met my best friend by talking to a stranger

Also i was told that America was a great nation and that John F(I Hate Communism) Kennedy and Ronald(Let's put Weapons of Mass Destruction in Space) Regan were great

Senna wrote: »
    'everything you learn has so many applications in the real world':rolleyes:

+1

Where was our What Women Really Want class? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Where was our What Women Really Want class? :(

They're still working on the curriculum.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    They're still working on the curriculum.

:pac:

Its updated hourly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

My business studies teacher told us her husband was a Garda and that all Garda's wives are given tape recorders. She told us she had this tape recorder in her bag recording us and that she was going to play it to our principal to show him our behaviour. Bear in mind that a) tape recorders could be had for a tenner in 1998 b) her husband wasn't a Garda c) we weren't six years old so that crap wasn't going to work anyway. She kept talking at the bag saying stuff like "Mr. Brown*, Derek has left his seat and is walking around the class."

I would say she lost all credibility there and then but she hadn't got any left to lose.

Funny lady.

*thinly disguised principal's name

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

WindSock wrote: »
    lol, one of my teachers once thought it was Tuesday, when I knew it was in fact, Wednesday. How dumb is that? From then on I didn't bother trying to learn from her as I lost all respect.
    It's like what they say about the three best reasons for being a teacher - June, July and August.

It's like what they say about the three best reasons for being a teacher - June, July and August.

Just ask most of the regulars in Flanneries ;)

Riddle101 wrote: »
    [/B]
    Also i was told that America was a great nation and that John F(I Hate Communism) Kennedy and Ronald(Let's put Weapons of Mass Destruction in Space) Regan were great

To be fair on todays teachers how the hell do they explain George W with a straight face?

• Advertisement

ergonomics wrote: »
    I had an English teacher who swore blind that the word Atlantic was spelt Athlantic.

was he from athhlone??? :)

Advertisement