Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to go for a long weekend during Winter

• 11-05-2015 5:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

As the thread title suggests - looking to go away for a long weekend in June, somewhere in Australia. Will be going from Sydney. So far a few ideas are Margaret River or the Barossa, but not sure if they'll be too enjoyable given that the weather may be dreadful. Has anybody any suggestions for somewhere slightly warmer but with some nice things to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

punk_one82 wrote: »
    As the thread title suggests - looking to go away for a long weekend in June, somewhere in Australia. Will be going from Sydney. So far a few ideas are Margaret River or the Barossa, but not sure if they'll be too enjoyable given that the weather may be dreadful. Has anybody any suggestions for somewhere slightly warmer but with some nice things to do?

If you're into wine Adelaide would be a good option. Adelaide hills, Barossa valley, Connawarra, Clare Valley etc etc are all great - with some amazing wineries and fantastic scenery

You set on finding somewhere warm as well? Some great skiing in Victoria also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Sunny Coast? The issue you'll find is that last minute flights for that weekend will be pretty steep. If you have a car, I'd probably rather recommend Port Stephens or even Forster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Daydream Island or Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays, been to both during June and weather was shorts and T-Shirts stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Take it from someone who lives in Adelaide - it gets a bit baltic here in the winter. As much as i love this place, if you're interested in somewhere warmer in June, Adelaide & surrounds may not be the place for you.

Unless by warmer you mean staying at a winery retreat with a big open fire.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ObeyTheSuit

I'm going with Mandrake on that one. Queensland will have some of the better more warm temperatures for your weekend.
    Right now I'm on a business trip from up from Melbourne to Brisbane and it's definitely a much nicer climate.

Whitsundays are awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

We decided to skip the expensive flights and drive to the Hunter for a slightly cheaper weekend. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be sure to check them all out over the coming few years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Surfers Paradise is great - Fantastic beach and good nightlife. Meter maids in bikinis (and kinky PVC jackets if there's a chance of showers... ) - What more do you want ?

Advertisement