Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushmills

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Aero28

pow wow wrote: »
    Perhaps your friend has had bad personal experiences but I don't think I've ever come across a 'no go' town/village for Irish folks near the border Aero28. I mean, there are places that wouldn't be my first choice to stop, but not because of my car registration or accent ;)

Ya, I can't say i've ever had any problems, and i've travelled through most town throughout the north and on the border and have stopped in several of them. Perhaps they did have some issues themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Guillelligan

Hi, hoping someone will reply to this old thread. Myself, my wife and our son are staying in Bushmills for a week soon and we're a little nervous after reading all of this. We're from the South and have a Southern reg car. Does anyone think we'll get any trouble? Or is it relatively safe these days? We had figured it was a safe enough area being so associated with tourism.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sheriff2

An opportunity came up for me to purchase a small guest house in the area, I was strongly considering it until I read this thread. I am from Dublin, I figure this is no a complete No Go..

As for visiting the area id imaging you's be fine, it one of the biggest tourist places on the Island!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Myself and the wife stayed in bush mills for two nights last year and had no problems at all. Everyone we met or interacted with were all lovely people.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,759 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sheriff2 wrote: »
    An opportunity came up for me to purchase a small guest house in the area, I was strongly considering it until I read this thread. I am from Dublin, I figure this is no a complete No Go..
    If you made your decision based solely on the content of a single thread in a discussion forum then you obviously didnt give the matter much thought at all and clearly had no intentions of ever purchasing the guest house.

This thread was dominated by a very sectarian minded individual and another poster who was nothing more than a wind up merchant. I can state that clearly as I was a moderator here for a long time.

Yes of course there are certain areas of N.I. where people of particular religions or backgrounds are generally not welcome particularly at certain times of the year. But all of that prejudice is demonstrated by a very small minority on both sides of "the divide". I have been to Bushmills several times as have family and friends and we never experienced anything other than a céad míle fáilte.

You would be a lot more safer in Bushmills than in O'Connell Street in Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement