Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead (Season 5.5) will contain spoilers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Thats it the episode is ruined for me now. I knew I shouldn't of came looked up this page until after i looked at the episode.

But if that is all that happen in the show what was worth mentioning im glad I can on here 1st........

Poor beard. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

rip ricks beard

The Rick shaving scene reminded me so much of the scene where Shane shaves his head in the farm after killing the big bloke (otto?).

In the scene with Shane he has turned a corner and he cant go back. The shaving his head scene is like him accepting who he is and he is coming to the realisation that he is bad.

The scene with rick is that he is going back to who he was even after doing things that he is ashamed of but he has hope that he is good.

The shaving/shower scene with Shane is negative and doomed while with Rick its positive and hopeful but both have a similar feel to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

rip ricks beard

The Rick shaving scene reminded me so much of the scene where Shane shaves his head in the farm after killing the big bloke (otto?).

In the scene with Shane he has turned a corner and he cant go back. The shaving his head scene is like him accepting who he is and he is coming to the realisation that he is bad.

The scene with rick is that he is going back to who he was even after doing things that he is ashamed of but he has hope that he is good.

The shaving/shower scene with Shane is negative and doomed while with Rick its positive and hopeful but both have a similar feel to them.

I thought the opposite. Like a leopard cant change his spots. That despite the shower , cut and shave Rick is still mentally scarred and even though he looks like he used too he really is not who he used to be.

I thought the opposite. Like a leopard cant change his spots. That despite the shower , cut and shave Rick is still mentally scarred and even though he looks like he used too he really is not who he used to be.

Yea i get that too but he is good deep down right? Like with Shane it was like 'right this is me and I'm only gonna get worse' but with Rick, he's been forced into being something he is not so he's happy to go back even if it is just fantasy or for a short time.

And yea like a leopard cant change his spots, Rick is the nice guy trying to be hard to survive. Shane is a leopard if that makes sense. :)

I think a lot of it depends on how long someone is "out there".

Shane was out in world (or end of) longer than Rick. Rick was in coma and was saved a lot of the gruesomeness of the evacuations etc.

Shane was already scarred and hardened by the time Rick met up with them.

Later on Rick kills people without remorse, while in season 1/2 his and Shane's relationship fell apart largely due to Shane's willingness to kill for the sake of the group and Rick not being strong enough to do it.

In many ways Rick turns into Shane.

• Advertisement

Shane was out in world (or end of) longer than Rick. Rick was in coma and was saved a lot of the gruesomeness of the evacuations etc.

Later on Rick kills people without remorse, while in season 1/2 his and Shane's relationship fell apart largely due to Shane's willingness to kill for the sake of the group and Rick not being strong enough to do it.

ah no, that's like saying Daryl and Meryl are the same. :rolleyes:

Seriously though i see what you are saying but Rick is fundamentally good. He wouldn't stoop as low as Shane. He wouldn't have done that to Otto and he wouldnt have harassed Lori like Shane did.

And also we don't really know how long Rick has been in the coma for. We don't know if its possible that someone was looking after him or he was just left (in which case only 3 days he could be left without water) so its possible it might only be 5 days that Shane was 'out there' before Rick is also out there. Rick had his shocks to deal with too, waking up alone to find the world had ended, thought his family were possibly dead and then rediscover them again. Then find out Lori was messing with Shane and he still stood by Shane but Shane wasn't prepared to do the same with Rick and was going to kill him.

I think Rick has learned that he needs to be ruthless obviously we see his comment at the end of this episode about not taking any crap and that they will take over if they have to, but that's the difference between Rick and Shane. Shane would see the opportunity and risk of trusting them and decide to take it over straight away whereas Rick is still himself and is willing to give it a chance beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Seen as we're on the topic of Shane, was that his glock Rick hid in the woods?
    Also anyone else notice Noah with Tyreses gun

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

bushball wrote: »
    Seen as we're on the topic of Shane, was that his glock Rick hid in the woods?
    Also anyone else notice Noah with Tyreses gun

Hadn't that glock have J on the handle?

ah no, that's like saying Daryl and Meryl are the same. :rolleyes:

Seriously though i see what you are saying but Rick is fundamentally good. He wouldn't stoop as low as Shane. He wouldn't have done that to Otto and he wouldnt have harassed Lori like Shane did.

And also we don't really know how long Rick has been in the coma for. We don't know if its possible that someone was looking after him or he was just left (in which case only 3 days he could be left without water) so its possible it might only be 5 days that Shane was 'out there' before Rick is also out there. Rick had his shocks to deal with too, waking up alone to find the world had ended, thought his family were possibly dead and then rediscover them again. Then find out Lori was messing with Shane and he still stood by Shane but Shane wasn't prepared to do the same with Rick and was going to kill him.

We are not told how long Rick was in a coma. However considering whole cities were abandoned, armies and government overrun and all semblance of life as we know it ended, I imagine a considerable amount of time had passed, a lot more than a few days. The out break was well under way while Rick was in a coma, the hospital was getting over run when Shane barricaded him in the room. (He had an IV in so that would extend his time without by water depending on how much was in the IV).

It is mentioned how bad things got during the evacuations and the panic. if you think about it this is when the majority of people in their world would have died.

We are not told how long Rick was in a coma. However considering whole cities were abandoned, armies and government overrun and all semblance of life as we know it ended, I imagine a considerable amount of time had passed, a lot more than a few days. The out break was well under way while Rick was in a coma, the hospital was getting over run when Shane barricaded him in the room. (He had an IV in so that would extend his time without by water depending on how much was in the IV).

It is mentioned how bad things got during the evacuations and the panic. if you think about it this is when the majority of people in their world would have died.

Even if that is the case, Rick today after all he has been through is still a better man than Shane was and I would rather be led by him in a group than Shane. Ricks ability to survive is based on his primal instincts like shane but also his civil and evolved state in that he treats others with respect and listens to others ideas in the group and he is fair but Shane, like a dictator wanted to make all the decisions for the people. That's why Shane is dead and Rick is alive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The way I see it rick as a cop before the apocalypse would have let you off for being a few days out of tax. Shane would shoot you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I don't think Shane was so much of a madman before the outbreak tbf. Sure, he came across as a bit of a jerk, but I don't remember anything crazy being alluded to.

The things that hardened Shane were imo 1. The outbreak, 2. His guilt at leaving Rick/sleeping with Lori, 3. His leadership being questioned when Rick came to the group and 4. Losing Lori (& Carl) back to Rick.

The stuff that came later with Otis etc. was all as a result of the previous stuff. The craziness developed within him, much as it did later with Rick. It just happened quicker and more severely with Shane as he was a jerk to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    In all seriousness, Rick's last line of the episode was chilling.
    I like that kind of stuff though, makes them much more balanced and you begin to wonder are they the good guys anymore.

The drama in the show is good but the zombies are really beginning to annoy me, there's a big lack of consistency. They're bones are soft enough that they can stab through bone like it's butter but zombies are still able to overpower people, they're falling apart but in cosmetic ways, all the hard wearing joints are in perfect working order. There's very little thought put into the zombies I think, they're there for scares and nothing else. It's also annoying that they disappear when the plot demands and then appear out of nowhere in numbers when needed. It's more like they're spawning FPS style.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

10403100_789774291077828_4358727918424052400_n.jpg?oh=eb75eae0d8b6ab9f894bad7c96d7af1b&oe=558A0717

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

This short video is great. No spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

I saw the comic Carl had was called wolf fight, I am guessing that's a hint

I could not see the book michonne had, anyone notice it?

don't comic book spoil it, but tell me this, is it something to with what was spraypainted in the town where Tyreese was bitten?

"Wolves are near/close" something like that? and the 'W' carved into the dismembered zombies foreheads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Comic book is of no use. This is Gimples own creation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

don't comic book spoil it, but tell me this, is it something to with what was spraypainted in the town where Tyreese was bitten?

"Wolves are near/close" something like that? and the 'W' carved into the dismembered zombies foreheads?

I meant in the last episode, Carl picked up a comic in the attic, the name of the comic was wolf fight...sorry didn't mean the twd comics

I could not see the book michonne had, anyone notice it?

Yeah, I think it was Crime Without Punishment.

• Advertisement

I might have to take back what I said Marty going by the title of this American guy Trevschan2 and his title review video :)

Spoiler youtube review!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z7OI3jyN3k

Of course they killed off the black guy horse. :mad:

Buttons :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Hardcore Carol! Talk about cookie monster

Daryl and Aaron, bromance of the forest

:D

4Jib4Hz.jpg

That foreshadowing though...

Barna77 wrote: »
    Hardcore Carol! Talk about cookie monster

:D

Yeah... Christ, listening to her in that scene was one of the scariest things in the whole damn series.

Serious "Carol is the stuff your nightmares wake up screaming about" stuff.

She'd probably be dead if it werent for her abusive dickhead husband too

That poor stupid sweet man! :D

Carol's the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Well...
    They killed the guy right after developing his character some some more again.
    Decent episode, really mad that Noah is gone, thought Glenn would sacrifice the other guy. They certainly brought back the gore in episodes

That episode was ****ing heavy. Jesus.

• Advertisement

That was a bit horrific alright, i think it had to go that way otherwise
    Glen would have gotten the blame for yer man being an eejit and blowing himself up.
    I reckon with what
    the preacher said and what happened at the warehouse, attitudes from everyone are going to be in a steep decline for Rick's group. The Doctor guy is a douchebag too
    , Carol sussed him straight off :)

Advertisement