Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BJJ before work?

Options
  • 04-03-2015 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,

so, here is the situation. I just moved to Dublin and I'm desperate to start doing bjj. I'm a judo black belt (9 years of active competing), but I started doing bjj back home and would like to continue.

For personal reasons, I don't want to go to the gym after work, but would like to do a training session few times a week before work. Basically, anything that finishes around 8 AM works for me. I can't seem to find any gyms that have sessions early in the morning at least 3x a week.

I'm aware that some gyms allow access even when there are no classes, but there is obviously no point for me to be alone in the gym at the time. I'm located near Grand Canal and am willing to hop on a bike to get to the gym.

So, what I'm looking for is a gym with morning classes or a gym when a group of guys/gals are rolling before work regularly. At this point I'm willing to do bjj, judo, wrestling and possibly mma, as long as it fits the schedule.

Can you guys help me?

Thank you very much.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

zoki59 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

so, here is the situation. I just moved to Dublin and I'm desperate to start doing bjj. I'm a judo black belt (9 years of active competing), but I started doing bjj back home and would like to continue.

For personal reasons, I don't want to go to the gym after work, but would like to do a training session few times a week before work. Basically, anything that finishes around 8 AM works for me. I can't seem to find any gyms that have sessions early in the morning at least 3x a week.

I'm aware that some gyms allow access even when there are no classes, but there is obviously no point for me to be alone in the gym at the time. I'm located near Grand Canal and am willing to hop on a bike to get to the gym.

So, what I'm looking for is a gym with morning classes or a gym when a group of guys/gals are rolling before work regularly. At this point I'm willing to do bjj, judo, wrestling and possibly mma, as long as it fits the schedule.

Can you guys help me?

Thank you very much.

Cheers

Sbg Concorde is the only place that doin morning classes, I think they do bjj 3 times per week from 6.30

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dubdamo

Atos jiu jitsu on Capel Street are open early in the morning. Have a look at jorgesantosbjj.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zoki59

Hi guys,

thank you so much, I was afraid there are no gyms with that kind of schedule.

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Malolan

Yes, Jorge Santos bjj on Capel street - Monday to Friday 7:00-8:00 am bjj classes, look them up on Facebook

Advertisement