Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nursing in the uk

Options
  • 01-01-2015 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Looking for advice for nursing in the uk. I am currently completing a fetac level 5 course in nursing studies and currently applying to UCAS. I am confused in which 5 colleges to apply for and would appreciate any help. Also if people have had interviews I would love to hear how they went.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MaryHannah

Ac14 wrote: »
    Looking for advice for nursing in the uk. I am currently completing a fetac level 5 course in nursing studies and currently applying to UCAS. I am confused in which 5 colleges to apply for and would appreciate any help. Also if people have had interviews I would love to hear how they went.
    I'm also applying for UCAS next year, I haven't had an interview but if your trying to find a place to study and your not sure where to pick, the best thing is to get a map, weigh out your options and see where has the best transport links, (flights to Ireland-cost etc) cost of living, accomodation and also have a look at the league tables to see what are the best colleges to study nursing in the UK, it was a long process for me and took me awhile to pick where I felt was best. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ac14

MaryHannah wrote: »
    I'm also applying for UCAS next year, I haven't had an interview but if your trying to find a place to study and your not sure where to pick, the best thing is to get a map, weigh out your options and see where has the best transport links, (flights to Ireland-cost etc) cost of living, accomodation and also have a look at the league tables to see what are the best colleges to study nursing in the UK, it was a long process for me and took me awhile to pick where I felt was best. Good luck!
    Thanks very much. Have been doing that last few weeks just hard to choose , you don't mind I ask where your after applying to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MaryHannah

I know it is so difficult, I had such a hard time choosing especially when your not going to know every area. I'm applying for a BA of Social Work and I have applied to Robert Gordon in Scotland, Anglia Ruskin, Bedfordshire, Portsmouth and London South Bank. It's a long and painful process but I'm hoping it will be worth it in the end.
    This may help you to chose: www(dot) the complete university guide (dot) co (dot) uk / leagues (no spaces)
    Also, you should make sure that the University accepts a Fetac qualification before you apply, you can do this by emailing the college or checking the entry requirements on the website. One college that I know for definite has a lot of nursing students from Ireland is Bucks New University, they accept the fetac qualification as long as you have at least five distinctions, so if you do it might be something to consider even as a back up option? Also, bucks is good because it's 50% practical experience, what better can you get? Also I know of Irish employers that actually prefer the UK qualification because it's so practical. I have a friend that has applied for nursing and she has an interview in the next few weeks so I could let you know the questions asked etc:)
    Hope I helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ac14

MaryHannah wrote: »
    I know it is so difficult, I had such a hard time choosing especially when your not going to know every area. I'm applying for a BA of Social Work and I have applied to Robert Gordon in Scotland, Anglia Ruskin, Bedfordshire, Portsmouth and London South Bank. It's a long and painful process but I'm hoping it will be worth it in the end.
    This may help you to chose: www(dot) the complete university guide (dot) co (dot) uk / leagues (no spaces)
    Also, you should make sure that the University accepts a Fetac qualification before you apply, you can do this by emailing the college or checking the entry requirements on the website. One college that I know for definite has a lot of nursing students from Ireland is Bucks New University, they accept the fetac qualification as long as you have at least five distinctions, so if you do it might be something to consider even as a back up option? Also, bucks is good because it's 50% practical experience, what better can you get? Also I know of Irish employers that actually prefer the UK qualification because it's so practical. I have a friend that has applied for nursing and she has an interview in the next few weeks so I could let you know the questions asked etc:)
    Hope I helped!
    Social work would be very nice 😊 ya I have London South bank Anglia Ruskin and bucks just had pick two more and most people say always have a Scottish option so just one more from England and should be fine. Thanks must look up that website. I would really appreciate how your friend gets on. Thanks very much for your time. Hope your application goes we'll for you 😊

Advertisement