Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Codename Eagle Mod 1.0

• 16-02-2003 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

CE1_s.jpg CE2_s.jpg

A new Battlefield Mod, Codename Eagle has been released. A nice 53Mb so not too bad for us 56ks :) . The mod is baised on WW1 so you get Zeppelin's and 14 other vehicles, 10 weapons,
    including a gas gun and flamethrower and also new maps :D

Download Links:
    Download from worldegl.com
    Wait in line at Fileplanet
    Also if you can offer a mirror email: battlefield1942@hotmail.com

The Linux 1.3 server is not supported for our initial release

Im gonna download it later and give it a go :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.modtheater.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=708

Excellent mod, those planes are great ,hard to fly tho.

54mb filesize

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

A nice 53Mb so not too bad for us 56ks
    you should be in sales :)

Hope its better than the awful Codename Eagle game of a few years ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

While it comes to mind too, Star Wars Battlefield has also made a big post of there recent development. A good few ingame shots can be seen here . Early work still, there no where near the pubic alpha tests like Deseart Combat yet.

Also, Eve Of Destruction updated there site and also added some new images. That mod is looking well, cant wait to fly a huey with Ride Of The Valkyries in the background :D:D

Star Wars Battlefield Ingame shot 13.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Some good info in this thread guys, keep posting good looking mods, meanwhile im off to download codename eagle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭LURCH

ok, downloaded, played for 20 mins to take a looky at everything.......
    its pretty horrible, looks like alpha more than anything else.
    the planes are unrealistic to fly, land vehicles handle badly, textures are rather poor, all player classes are the same with unrealistic weapons (everyone carries a shotgun, pistol, flamethrower, knife, detpak and none of which you have to reload)...
    I could go on for quite a while about this but I would rather not bore you with them, all in all quite a poor attempt and should have been held back and tested much more thoroughly before released. The mod just doesn't feel right :(

P.S.
    please dont flame me, only an opinion :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I was never able to download it, all the servers that had it were full :( . Ah, well. Desert Combat is so much more fun and there are a lot of servers for it too :) ... while it comes to mind, what did the flamethrower look like? The Dice team said that they didnt put in the flame thrower cos it really dropped the fps of BF1942 when used. How did it perofrm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its not very good.

Its fun playing codename eagle its everything BF wasnt meant to be...LOL

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    Hope its better than the awful Codename Eagle game of a few years ago :)

Silence! That game rocked, kept us very entertained at many a GalwayLAN when XP or graphics drivers/DirectX wasn't causing conniptions....would run on just about anything too...

WAN TEH ZEPPELIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

played that at a lan and the awful netcode was so bad that the 4 people playing a lan game were doing totally different things, and the game was reporting what it wanted to :)

"I shot you"

"no you did'nt, Im no where near there"

"look, your dead"

"No Im f'ckin not, Im at the other side of the map"

At the end of the game all 4 PC's showed totally different scores :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Good man Syxpak,

Codename eagle was/is sooo good. The first time me and my mates discovered it we played it all night, a good 7-8 hour stint.

There was just nothing else out there like it that ran on everyones pc's. As soon as they all upgrade though Im sure BF1942 will take the crown, although if this mod shapes up Im sure we'll be playing this too :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement