Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pension question for contractors

• 25-05-2015 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

I appreciate that there is a Banking/Pension forum, but I just wanted to get IT contractors' thoughts on pensions.

I'm in my early 30s and have been putting a modest amount (approx 4% of salary) into a personal one, but recently switched over to creating and contributing to a company director's pension through my limited company. The contributions have been upped to approximately 9% of current salary.

But just taking a look at some online pension calculators, there will still be a serious shortfall in what I hope to have in my pension compared to what I will actually have if I keep contributing at this rate (taking into account increases in relation to age etc.).

Do you contribute to one?

Any alternatives out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I know the feeling, it said I would have to contribute 25% of my wage to meet the shortfall.
    Probably best to meet with a professional pension advisor.

Advertisement