Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would you take a punch to the face from 46 year old Mike Tyson for 1000e?

Options
  • 22-04-2013 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No. I may die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Add a zero to that will you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

2,000,000 and we will talk

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Not a chance, not worth risking serious injury for that money.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Left or right hand ? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

The damage to my face would cost more than 1000e to repair. So, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

I'd let him bite a chunk out of my ear for two thousand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

I'll give Mike a box in the head for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

1000! Fúck off. 10,000 on the other hand........ Nah, still wouldnt. Make it 50,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

He looks a bit of a teddy bear lately,so yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

not a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭amacca

There are a lot of other factors to consider here

Could I make more money off being punched in the face by a 46 year old Mike Tyson than just the initial 1k.....like in advertising revenue.....pay per view subscriptions to the actual punch in the face event itself....appearance fees on the chat show circuit afterwards....appearances at nightclubs as "that guy who got his face punched by 46 year old Mike Tyson for 1000e" etc

In short it depends on the money....

In the absence of cyborg/bionic/robotic limbs etc I'd consider taking a punch in the face from a 96 year old badly co-ordinated possible dementia suffering Mike Tyson 50 years from now if we were both still alive and for just the equivalent of 1000e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

Just for clarification is that €1000 or 1000 E's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

nope not worth the potential injury cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,976 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No, but I'd let Suarez bite my arm for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Corvo

A&E - €100
    New Tooth / Crown - €1500

So already I'm money down and that's even guessing that he will only knock one tooth out which is highly unlikely. What is likely is that he would cave my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭the great purveyor of mediocrity

No way, not for that kind of money. Multiply it by ten, I'd think about it. Multiply it by 100, maybe. Multiply it by 1000, definately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

**** that i'd pay him 1000 euros to belt me in the face just the feel the force of the great Mike Tyson's punch.....I'd also have my shorts round my ankles and be masturbating furiously whilst he threw the punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

bhamsteve wrote: »
    Just for clarification is that €1000 or 1000 E's?

After a 1000 E's, I think a punch in the face from anyone is the least of your worries.

Although might stop the jaw grinding.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 19 Muscles From Brussels

To most of the weenies who post here a punch from the likes of Tyson would probably be lethal. I wouldn't recommend it to pencil necked dudes, you'd be all fucked up, maybe forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm pretty sure Tyson still does a bit of training so he would quite literally, rearrange your face for you. You'd have to factor in the cost of surgery from a well respected clinic before offering any financial incentives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I would do it for €10,000 , but not €1,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

To most of the weenies who post here a punch from the likes of Tyson would probably be lethal. I wouldn't recommend it to pencil necked dudes, you'd be all fucked up, maybe forever.

JCVD?! Is that you??! :P

Can I take the punch from Iron Mike up the vag OP? I'd take that for a grand....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Who's a cuddly panda?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

No chance. Regardless of age and the depleted force of the punch from his hayday, the dude was a heavyweight boxer. Add to that the fact he was "the baddest man on planet" and legitimately could kill you in seconds if he wanted to. Be like challenging Micheal Schumacher to a race for a grand. No way in hell your beating him same way no way in hell a Tyson punch isn't going to mess you up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

The guys punches are stuff of legends, the sheer power would have you in a jaw brace for many months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Glove or no glove?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

He's a hero of mine so yeah I'd do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Video him taking a swing at me, and sue him in court for €50,000

Advertisement