Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

S-3 Vikings For Sale

• 15-08-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I miss Ireland having military jet aircraft I must say. I love jets me:o

I like these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thechickenworks/5488023246/

Why should we buy them?

1. A proper jet so would sound better in fly-pasts.
    2. Cheap (ex-USN)
    3. Four seats; always handy
    4. 10 Hour endurance
    5. Can be fitted with missiles (real ones)
    6. So ugly that they are lovable
    7. They are a 'proper' military aircraft
    8. Did I mention they're cheap?

Even as the economy collapses around us, we could all enjoy four of these blasting over Bray once a year and forget all our woes for a just few moments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭LOccitane

Would be certainly nice to have one.

Here's one I took a picture of recently, suitably liveried for immediate delivery to Ireland:

6007022295_bc1156f764.jpg

LOccitane

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭alanmcqueen

Sweet:) Great pic.

They would also appeal to many of our anti-war type people as they have a 'soft' look to them.

They are quirky but strangely appealing; like those women you see where your head says 'no' but your nuts say 'go'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I miss Ireland having military jet aircraft I must say. I love jets me:o

I like these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thechickenworks/5488023246/

Why should we buy them?

1. A proper jet so would sound better in fly-pasts.
    2. Cheap (ex-USN)
    3. Four seats; always handy
    4. 10 Hour endurance
    5. Can be fitted with missiles (real ones)
    6. So ugly that they are lovable
    7. They are a 'proper' military aircraft
    8. Did I mention they're cheap?

Even as the economy collapses around us, we could all enjoy four of these blasting over Bray once a year and forget all our woes for a just few moments.

Can you imagine the look on spanish fishermens faces if one of these was sent out against them with Harpoon missles? :D

Can you imagine the look on spanish fishermens faces if one of these was sent out against them with Harpoon missles? :D

LOL:)

I think we need to petition the minister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Kingdom_of _oriel

You know what, it isn't the worst idea I've ever heard, there could be some great logic behind it. Lets face it our Eastern air space is covered by the French and Royal Air Force, but our Western air space is vastly unprotected. They would be a very useful assest is any hijack incident in or outbound to North America. They are naval aircraft so the twin engine would ideally suit Naval operations, plus the extra seats could be used in an emergency for CASVAC operations. Ah who am I kidding, Ireland has as much chance of getting pink air ballons for air defence as we do any jet aircraft for air and sea board defence :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

You know what, it isn't the worst idea I've ever heard, there could be some great logic behind it. Lets face it our Eastern air space is covered by the French and Royal Air Force, but our Western air space is vastly unprotected. They would be a very useful assest is any hijack incident in or outbound to North America. They are naval aircraft so the twin engine would ideally suit Naval operations, plus the extra seats could be used in an emergency for CASVAC operations. Ah who am I kidding, Ireland has as much chance of getting pink air ballons for air defence as we do any jet aircraft for air and sea board defence :(

99 pink balloons?

You know what, it isn't the worst idea I've ever heard, there could be some great logic behind it. :(

There is some great logic behind it. And yes I also know that means it definitely won't happen. Bugger.:(

Hooray for Walter Mitty thread though:)

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/s3-viking-aircraft/s3-viking-aircraft6.html

Advertisement