Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Anywhere on campus that prints :) PACR (Arts block, Rye, Long Corridor) or library.

OOOH, not sure if the SU prints that way yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

banquo wrote: »
    Anywhere on campus that prints :) PACR (Arts block, Rye, Long Corridor) or library.

Awesome! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I think if you buy a print card in the arts block shop it only works with the printers/photocopiers there?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Seren_ wrote: »
    I think if you buy a print card in the arts block shop it only works with the printers/photocopiers there?

Ah damn :-(

The utter disappointment in myself when I get up and dressed for a lecture and then give up going because I'm late... I seriously need to work on that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

WAH I have to go to the library now and print off my assignments even though i've no idea how to.. :pac: FUN

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

WAH I have to go to the library now and print off my assignments even though i've no idea how to.. :pac: FUN

Don't worry, there is always someone who can help you. :) Unless you want a quick tutorial now on boards.

Paczini wrote: »
    Don't worry, there is always someone who can help you. :) Unless you want a quick tutorial now on boards.

omg could you? I have no memory key with me today. I literally have 3 (1 page A4) assignments that I need to print directly from my laptop to the printer? Thanks so much! :D

omg could you? I have no memory key with me today. I literally have 3 (1 page A4) assignments that I need to print directly from my laptop to the printer? Thanks so much! :D
    Well I'm not quite sure if there is a way to print something from your own laptop (if there is I never figured it out). That's what I always did: emailed my assignments to myself, log onto library computer and printed it.

Well I'm not quite sure if there is a way to print something from your own laptop (if there is I never figured it out). That's what I always did: emailed my assignments to myself, log onto library computer and printed it.

Thanks! Where is the library computer? I suppose I need to purchase a print card from the machine before I begin printing and have to input a code or something?

• Advertisement

Thanks! Where is the library computer? I suppose I need to purchase a print card from the machine before I begin printing and have to input a code or something?
    Sorry for getting back to you late. Yes, you need a printing card and you can purchase it beside the entrance. There are lots of computers around the library on every floor. When you print something off, you need to put in your printing card to the machine beside the printer, then you have to find your student number and print your stuff. Printers in the library are at the back, beside group study area :) I hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Does anyone know what style of referencing the History Department uses? It's Harvard right?

Jonah42 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what style of referencing the History Department uses? It's Harvard right?
    They use the rules for contributors to the Irish Historical Studies journal. I'm not sure if that's the same as Harvard, but this is what we were told to use.

Seren_ wrote: »
    They use the rules for contributors to the Irish Historical Studies journal. I'm not sure if that's the same as Harvard, but this is what we were told to use.

Sound, thank you. I'll buy you a pint at boards beers.

Probably not gonna be able to go though

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I've actually so much to do it's unreal. I'm getting so bogged down in coursework and it's just making me feel so shít... :( I've two assignments and a lab report to be done by Thursday and I'm just feeling so overwhelmed by it all. :(

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I've actually so much to do it's unreal. I'm getting so bogged down in coursework and it's just making me feel so shít... :( I've two assignments and a lab report to be done by Thursday and I'm just feeling so overwhelmed by it all. :(
    I know your pain. Don't worry, just take one thing at the time and don't stress too much about it. You will be just fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

I feel your pain. Two maths assignments due, have to do a 200 word extract on a scientific paper I've yet to read, and I have to start reading for my dissertation >_>

I was heading into my Poetry lecture today, went inside the door and just decided to not bother going in.. It's getting bad if i'm getting this complacent already.. Seriously, god help me when exam time comes about.. :/

I was heading into my Poetry lecture today, went inside the door and just decided to not bother going in.. It's getting bad if i'm getting this complacent already.. Seriously, god help me when exam time comes about.. :/
    To be honest I did exactly same thing today with my Poetry lecture :) you are not on your own

Welcome to life as a student :P

Ahh, drinking the nicest cup of tea ever! And love that new hair cut feeling; my head feels so light :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

And here. My workload for the semester consists of:

2000-word essay, due November 7th
    1500-2000 word assignment, due November 19th
    2000-2500 word essay, due December 10th
    Portfolio of unknown length, due December

Add to that semi-regular page-long assignments in the latter module, and it is literally the most work I've ever had to do over such a short period of time

I may actually have to study during Study Week :eek:

Daemos wrote: »
    And here. My workload for the semester consists of:

2000-word essay, due November 7th
    1500-2000 word assignment, due November 19th
    2000-2500 word essay, due December 10th
    Portfolio of unknown length, due December

Add to that semi-regular page-long assignments in the latter module, and it is literally the most work I've ever had to do over such a short period of time

I may actually have to study during Study Week :eek:
    And I was complaining about the amount of study I have to do..

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

And I was complaining about the amount of study I have to do..

Likewise.... :eek: I feel embarrassed now moaning about my workload when it's compared to that :pac:

Likewise.... :eek: I feel embarrassed now moaning about my workload when it's compared to that :pac:
    I remember last year I was complaining about the amount of study I had to do, but I was commuting so I had a good excuse not to study much but now.. I have more the twice of what I had to study last year and as I moved to Maynooth I don't have an excuse for not studying any more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

I'm not really sure how you study in college yet? :confused: I'm getting the hang of things like referencing, knowing my way around the library, doing assignments etc. but I'm so used of just rote learning everything from school that studying in college seems very different! I expected all the lecturers to be giving us detailed notes which we go home and learn off... but instead it's more like them giving us the basics and expecting us to go off and read all these books. Gah! I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have to read a book by Monday and then summarise it in my own words.

I have a 1500 word essay due next week. I don't even know how I'm going to write it 'cause the 4 titles to pick from are confusing as hell.

I have another 1500 word essay due in November, along with a 2000 word essay.

And to top it all off, I have a full-time job where I work 7pm until 3am every night so that restricts my available time.

Can I win this round?! :pac:

Starting to get my boogie on to this right now in PACR. Getting a few funny looks but I don't care. I play by my own rules, no one elses, not even my own.

Birthday!

Finally got my student card today, but it has the wrong degree on it.

LOL

I didn't say anything though, I couldn't wait for it any longer.. :P

• Advertisement

Is there an express printer thing for the Student Travel cards in the SU still? It says on the Travelcard form there is but I don't know?

Advertisement