Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Induced in 2 days.. Worried sick!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

I was induced brought in at eleven in the morning and had baby at eight that evening. When they put you on the drip the contractions are quiet close together however I opted for the epidural which was an absolute godsend and did not feel anything until i had to push. Only thing is they had to use the vacumn
    as the baby was coming out sideways. Its all controlled and they really did put me at ease. He is ten months now .If i had to choose again i would much rather be induced.
    Best of luck its worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Mom2Be

Thanks ladies..

Will let ye know as soon as possible how it went.. For now its off to bed with me for an early night :) x

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Good luck tomorrow:) Hope it all goes as quick and painless as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Good luck tomorrow...will be thinking about you x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 suedub5

Mom2Be wrote: »
    Help!

I dont even know what im asking really ~ Im being induced Wednesday morning @ 8am.. Im an absolute bag of nerves over it. Was still staring at the ceiling last nite @ 3am.. Cant sleep..

Is it as bad as they say ~ Apparently the labour happens so fast that the pain is unbearable and also you can tear yourself really easy as your body doesnt have time to adjust to the contractions..

Am i only hearing all the horror stories?

Surely there is some good ones out there!?

Hey don't worry its different for everyone. My first had to be induced and it was grand it didn't happen that fast I had to have a second dose. I had the first one at about three in the afternoon but nothing happened and they gave me another one at nine that night my son wasn't born until half five the next morning and it was ok just needed gas and air so don't be worrying sure youll only get yourself all worked up. It will be grand and sure once the babys born you forget about pretty quickly so just try to relax good luck let us know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Best of luck OP......

I was induced 17 years ago on my 1st child.

I was given the drip at 11am, started contracting at about 11.30am very strongly.

I had the epidural at 12pm as I couldn't stand the contractions any more ( there was no build up to them, it was just BOOM) and at the time it was my 1st child and I had only turned 20 :)

Baby was born at 3.01pm, excactly 4 hours and 1 minute after I was first hooked up to the drip...............

The worst thing about the induction was the speed and force with which the contractions began (no time to get a handle on them at all....

I've had 3 other children since then with no inductions. 2 of them without any medication at all and the last one with some pethidine/gas and air...

For me I preferred my labours without having to be induced as they were also v. short labours ( none of them was over 5 hours) and the contractions start and build up much slower so I can manage to control the need for an epidural...

Everyone is different though as we know and so is every labour so good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Good luck! Hopefully you'll be meeting your little one very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Am I the only one here who thought of mom2be as soon as she woke up this morn? My alarm clock went off at 8am & one of the first thoughts in my head was about the experience she's having...hope all's going well for her & her family.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm thinking of her too!

• Advertisement

Ayla wrote: »
    Am I the only one here who thought of mom2be as soon as she woke up this morn? My alarm clock went off at 8am & one of the first thoughts in my head was about the experience she's having...hope all's going well for her & her family.

Haha, me too..............I keep checking the thread to see if she has any updates but obviously she's probably a bit busy at the mo:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Me too. Hope it's all going well for her.

The suspense is killing me!!!!!:D

Hey there all..

It went FANTASTIC ~ woohoo!

Went in at 8am, got the gel at 10:45.. Got my first pain 30 mins later. Coped really well with them too :)
    Drove the poor midwife nuts though, must have asked her 1000 times if she was sure id get my epidural,haha!
    Once she promised me that i would then i told her id potter along on my own and try dilate as much as i could before going to the labour ward (not like me but i felt i was doing fine :) )

The doctor checked me at half 4 and i was 3cm.. Dont think i ever got so excited,ha! Then the nurse said she would ring up to labour ward and see what the bed situation was there. She came back 5 mins later and told me get my stuff, i was off up for my epi ..

Once i got up there i started with the gas and air until the anaesthetist came along (bout 45 mins)
    Epi went a bit pear shaped alright ~ Put it in and i suffered through that, cant remember it bein so painful but then he said, Im so sorry ~ Thats didnt go in. I was like, aghhhhhhhhh! Cried a bit then with frustration and then he put it in again..
    Told me id be pain free in 40 mins but i never felt a single pain after it went in :)

Was still 3cm at 8:30pm so the put up the syntocin drip, checked me at 11:30pm and i was 9 and a half.. Woohoo!

Was fully dilated at half 12 but was really tired so she told me sleep for an hour before i started pushing.. I did just that! She woke me at 1:30am and i started pushing. I had my little bundle of joy in my arms after 50 mins and needed no stitches or anything :)

A beautiful little girl who was born on the 7th and weighed in at 7lbs and 7oz (",)

I think i have my bit done for society now,ha! But as for getting Induced and being terrified. I would do it again in the morning (",)

No horror stories from here!
    Thanks everyone xx

Delighted for you Mom2be......We have been checking this thread religiously every morning for news :D

Congrats on the new baby but it must be time for a name change now;)

Delighted for you Mom2be......We have been checking this thread religiously every morning for news :D

Congrats on the new baby but it must be time for a name change now;)

Thank ye all, ye had my head in a good place going in there and i think thats why i coped so well :)
    Was thinking that myself,ha! Must try figure out how to do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭jupiter00

Congrats to you, just read your post. Thank God it went well and that you went for epidural, what a godsend esp for a first baby as it can go on a bit and especially when induced! For me, wouldn't have a baby if there wasn't epidural available, but thats just me and my advice to first timers. Enjoy your baby!

Thanks Jupiter. She is actually my second daughter but my first is 7 so was like starting all over again..

But your advice is spot on. I wouldnt dream of having a baby if the epidural wasnt there. My only fear was that i might not get it in time but thank god it all worked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Congratulations :D

I wonder has anyone heard from mrsberries!? She was being induced Friday. Was thinking of her. Hopefully she will have a similar story and will update soon (",)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Congratulations mom2be! Glad it all went well for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

That's great news Mum2be. It seems to make a big difference when you have the plan in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Big congrats mom2be!!
    Brill to hear such a positive story :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Mom2be congrats!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Congrats, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Congrats so happy it went so well for you.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Absolutely great news to read:)
    Great job Mom2Be.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well done Mom2be and congrats. What a great positive induction story x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Well done Mom2be, and congrats on the arrival of your daughter! So glad it all went the way you wanted it too - the fear is always the biggest killer no matter what kind of a birth you're hoping for. Best of luck with the new addition, I hope you get a full night's sleep sometime soon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Thats fantastic!! Congratulations! What did you call her?

Advertisement