Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to get car weighed?

Options
  • 11-07-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

My NCT certs shows weights between 1651 and 1886 with 1750kg last year, car was empty each test so I take their measurements are a little off...

Any place that can do that in Dublin, I am curious to see hiw much it weights given the mods I did.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

If you realky want to waist the money paying to get weighed go to a quarry or a dump and use their weigh bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

bmstuff wrote: »
    My NCT certs shows weights between 1651 and 1886 with 1750kg last year, car was empty each test so I take their measurements are a little off...

Any place that can do that in Dublin, I am curious to see hiw much it weights given the mods I did.

Thanks

What about the weight of the vehicle tester in the NCT centre? Could have been a really tubby lad in the car when the 1886kg came up. Also was the fuel tank empty or full each time, that adds weight too. Getting more pedantic, how about the windscreen washer bottle, that could add another 1kg....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If you realky want to waist the money paying to get weighed go to a quarry or a dump and use their weigh bridge
    In my experience they're not massively accurate either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

In fairness to the OP, 235 kgs is a fair spread. The machines they're using mustn't be calibrated using the same source. Even different testers (male/female, fat/slim) couldn't account for that difference and that's even assuming that the tester is sitting in the car when it's weighed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

bmstuff wrote: »

Thanks

Find the nearest Glanbia and ask to use the bridge. There's one down the road from me and we've weighed many cars/vans over the years :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Anan1 wrote: »
    In my experience they're not massively accurate either.
    Same as. I used to have to get all new vans weighed before first taxing, exact same vehicles would be 100kg +- on the same weigh bridge depending on the day of the week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Prestige_Manual.jpgPrestige_Manual.jpg

Prestige_Manual.jpgPrestige_Manual.jpg

car_ramps.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

The problem is, knowing the car is 1850ish kg from factory, none of the NCT figures actually make sense.
    I am expected to have schreded like maybe 30kg or so by getting rid of the silencer, using after market cats etc.
    Hence the reason why I would like to know the exact weight. No big deal, it would be nice to just know.

Any farm supplier/builders provider worth their salt will have a weigh bridge.

Advertisement