Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DIY Divorces

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭G&T22

Congrats! Were you both present?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Congratulations Dovies - make sure you celebrate now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

G&T22 wrote: »
    Congrats! Were you both present?

No just me. It was uncontested so he didn't have to be there. He signed all the paperwork I sent and returned it so that was that! Judge had no problem with any of it so was in court at 10.15 and was in jervis centre having coffee and cake by 11!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

I bet the coffee and cake tasted wonderful that day :-)

Ah Dovies delighted for you! Well my words were more like swearing at the fact it was all over so quickly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 manugav

Hi All; about to start down this route myself; Ive a couple of ques and looking for some pointers; any help would be really appreciated.
    Separated 4yrs, no kids, no house. No legal separation agreement.
    Both moved on – wont be contested.
    Money is very tight; I just dont have it to pay for a solcitor.

Ive read through the threads and been on to the courts.ie site & Ive downloaded the forms. Im prob missing something;could someone please verify the steps below

Form 2N Civil Bill – I, as the applicant need to fill this out.
    Endorsement of claim – sorry but what do I need to put in here?
    I see some people have mentioned on some threads; a letter stating they (ex) agree to divorce & not looking for anything. Could anyone send me a draft as an example? And prob really stupid question but does it have to be printed on special paper or headed or anything; can I just submit the forms on normal white A4?

Form 37A statement of means – I have to fill this out as Im the applicant & it has to be sent to ex with the notice? I see the form states what is required under each schedule; is there a particular template for the breakdown of my budget; what did other people use?

As we have no kids, I don’t need to submit an affidavit of welfare so I can skip this step.

So I need to fill out the 2 forms in triplicate; then go to court to get it stamped & send registered post to ex who has 10days to respond (can just ignore if not being contested)?
    Then send the form for court date (3 copies again) and await court date?
    I don’t need marriage licence until the day in court?
    And I know there is the requirement for 4years seperation but I dont see it specifically mentioned on any of the forms; am I missing a step somewhere?

Apologies for all the questions; Im just trying to get the process straight in my head so I can get the ball rolling asap!

Thanks.

Got my divorce!!

Congrats g&t22 how's it feel to be free !! What was the court date like was it easy enough to go through what is the procedure ?
    Kind rergards gav

Hi Gav,
    I used irish divorce services and would highly recommend them it made everything so easy. like you had no kids but did have a house so i went to a solicitor and we had a separation agreement drawn up and the house was sold. Excluding the fees for selling the house as we used a different solicitor i was charged under 200 euro for the separation agreement and deed of waiver. Are you getting a pension adjustment order?

i was in court on my own it was a bit intimidating but i was well prepared and was in the court room for only 10 mins. It was great and felt so empowering...

Hi again g&t2,
    That sounds great i will look into it alright cheers thanks a million i bet it felt amazing alright congrats !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Six and a half years....and it's done and dusted !
    So delighted to have gotten my divorce today, did it myself using a DIY service. Not easy, but boy do I feel happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 vic_dublin

manugav wrote: »
    Hi again g&t2,
    That sounds great i will look into it alright cheers thanks a million i bet it felt amazing alright congrats !!!

Hi you need to request all the relevant forms from family court by email the ones on courts.ie are of no use. They will also send you information about when do u need to send which form. Yes DIY divorce service is great too but u can do all this by your self for under 50euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 vic_dublin

Hi again g&t2,

Hi you need to request all the relevant forms from family court by email the ones on couts.ie are no use. They will also send you information about when do u need to send which form. Yes DIY divorce service is great too but u can do all this by your self for under 50euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭pandoraj09

Hi, did anyone get a pension adjustment order done by one of these "cheap" divorce providers? A solicitor told me it was very complicated and would cost 750 euro for him to do just that bit alone....Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

I have no idea why it would be complicated unless its contested? I got my pension adjustment order through online divorce company and there were no issues.

G&T22 wrote: »
    I have no idea why it would be complicated unless its contested? I got my pension adjustment order through online divorce company and there were no issues.

Me too. Cost me an extra 50 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

Stupid question but what is a pension adjustment order?

I'm only going for JS this year, divorce still 2.5 years away.

Stupid question but what is a pension adjustment order?

I'm only going for JS this year, divorce still 2.5 years away.

Have a look at this

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/separation_and_divorce/sep_divorce_pensions.html

Hi Guys I got the divorce pack from courts but quick ques. What template did you use for statement of means ie sets out in first schedule, second schedule etc
    Is an excel list too basic, what template did you use?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Pension adjustment order are complicated because pensions are complicated. Certainly you may draft the standard order and get it approves by the court but it may not stand years later when it matters. If you are really going to do it yourself you should educate yourself because pensions are structured differently and have different rules. I don't think they will tell you if the order is binding but if you are going down the diy route you should try to read up as much as possible on your pension, get as much information and assistance from your job (if it's through work) as possible and identify any problems. They are sometimes not as simple as drafting the standard nominal order and you could lose out in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Karaoke Heaven

(Snip) Mod note:Karaoke Heaven, please don't post the same thing on other threads. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Karaoke Heaven

(Snip) Mod note:Karaoke Heaven, please don't post the same thing on other threads. Thank you

Oh im very sorry ,I thought you guys meant I could not start my own thread but I could post in one already started ,so does that mean I can not get advice on my situation?apologies again , Ricky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Oh im very sorry ,I thought you guys meant I could not start my own thread but I could post in one already started ,so does that mean I can not get advice on my situation?apologies again , Ricky

You can have your own thread no problem. It's just boards don't like people posting the same thing in other threads or forums. It can get people banned for spamming. Also in forums such as separation and divorce we prefer to keep people's threads separate so they don't get buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hellokitty88

Hi there,

Can you tell me how soon did you receive your divorce decree once it was granted by the judge?

Cheers
    Cece

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think it took about a month maybe even two?

Hi there,

Can you tell me how soon did you receive your divorce decree once it was granted by the judge?

Cheers
    Cece

Think I had mine in a couple of weeks.

Friend of mine is filing fo divorce - I have given her the name of the company I used. They have been separated for 12 or so years and have a legal separation in place - all assets were divided up then and they have no children. It should be straight forward I would imagine? Her concern is what if he won't sign the papers etc. I just want to set her mind at ease really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wennie

vic_dublin wrote: »
    Hi you need to request all the relevant forms from family court by email the ones on couts.ie are no use. They will also send you information about when do u need to send which form. Yes DIY divorce service is great too but u can do all this by your self for under 50euro.

Hi vic, I've emailed Family Law Office requesting the relevant forms but got no response.
    Can you send them to me if you have please? Many Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wennie

Hi All; about to start down this route myself; Ive a couple of ques and looking for some pointers; any help would be really appreciated.
    Separated 4yrs, no kids, no house. No legal separation agreement.
    Both moved on – wont be contested.
    Money is very tight; I just dont have it to pay for a solcitor.

Ive read through the threads and been on to the courts.ie site & Ive downloaded the forms. Im prob missing something;could someone please verify the steps below

Form 2N Civil Bill – I, as the applicant need to fill this out.
    Endorsement of claim – sorry but what do I need to put in here?
    I see some people have mentioned on some threads; a letter stating they (ex) agree to divorce & not looking for anything. Could anyone send me a draft as an example? And prob really stupid question but does it have to be printed on special paper or headed or anything; can I just submit the forms on normal white A4?

Form 37A statement of means – I have to fill this out as Im the applicant & it has to be sent to ex with the notice? I see the form states what is required under each schedule; is there a particular template for the breakdown of my budget; what did other people use?

As we have no kids, I don’t need to submit an affidavit of welfare so I can skip this step.

So I need to fill out the 2 forms in triplicate; then go to court to get it stamped & send registered post to ex who has 10days to respond (can just ignore if not being contested)?
    Then send the form for court date (3 copies again) and await court date?
    I don’t need marriage licence until the day in court?
    And I know there is the requirement for 4years seperation but I dont see it specifically mentioned on any of the forms; am I missing a step somewhere?

Apologies for all the questions; Im just trying to get the process straight in my head so I can get the ball rolling asap!

Thanks.

Hi Gav, just wondering did anyone answer your questions? I have those questions as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Kieron Wood

You can download the forms from www.irishbarrister.com/paperwork.html

Regards

Kieron Wood BL

Advertisement