Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'Unusual' Things You've Seen In A Pub

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

dan1895 wrote: »
    Was at the "i'm so drunk i'll just stare at my feet" stage of the night but when i did manage to look up my mate was in a full on argument with Huey Morgan from the fun lovin criminals

Voodoo Lounge?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

A guy sitting at the bar, with a cat on a lead, sitting on the stool next to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

A guy was handed an axe by the barstaff, he then went outside & chopped down a fence so the pub could use it as firewood.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Cans of beer being served at the bar in some place in Galway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Spore wrote: »
    Ah yes the blacker or now under it's new appelation 'Liz Delaneys' scene of many a nights fond canoodling and what not. A mate of mine works there - he's had a few hairy incidents including one with a chap that on being barred returns with a shotgun running amock threatening anyone and anything near the pub shouting: "bar me will yis, I'll show the bollix lot of yis!"

lol yeah, last time I was there was on Halloween night years ago and some bloke chased another bloke out of the place and down the road with a real ****ing machete! Nutjobs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Was in a bar in '94 and the whole place broke out in a brawl after some soccer match(forget who it was).
    Shane Mcgowan was there the same night with 3 bouncers and the fvcker didn't flinch, I mean the place was in riot 3 ft in front of him and not a dickybird, spaced out on the couch with the shades on...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

xzanti wrote: »

Seen this in plenty of places,well known pub/club in Limerick City does it actually.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

jackncoke wrote: »
    Seen this in plenty of places,well known pub/club in Limerick City does it actually.

Classy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

xzanti wrote: »

Lots of places serve cans at the bar - yes I think it's poor practice but some pubs seem to see it as giving good value to their customers. Same with cans of minerals - if your missus is getting three vodkas out of a can of coke for the same price as a bottle let her at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

On a side note - I've seen the best of things during lock ins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

My local:

No TV
    Sells-
    • Stinger bars
    • Drums of salt
    • Bags of Sugar
    • Ice creams
    • Penny sweets
    NO SWEARING
    Heating stays on in summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Half of a Ferguson 20 tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cheeeesecake

A guy hammer a nail through his scrotum into the bar stool he was sitting on. And not flinch! Then break a wine glass and start eating it. I left after this!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

A guy hammer a nail through his scrotum into the bar stool he was sitting on. And not flinch! Then break a wine glass and start eating it. I left after this!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

There's a proper old steam engine in this pub in Co. Roscommon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

What the fúck...... Jesus.

Eh, my story is that when I was in London at Soho Bar just before Chelsea v. Manchester United the whole place was hopping with lads singing Chelsea songs, anti-German songs, anti-Irish songs (ulp!), anti-Spurs songs etc., when the all start singing the Celery song... And proceed to all produce handfuls of celery stalks and begin to throw them all about the place. My pint looked like a decorative plant by the end of it.

Or: being on various substances in an Amsterdam nightclub and being convinced I was watching the bowels of hell opening before me. I was screaming ''IT'S THE RAPTURE! THE RAPTURE!!!'' before I was thrown out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cheeeesecake

Alessandra wrote: »
    There's a proper old steam engine in this pub in Co. Roscommon!
    That's Hell's Kitchen in Castlerea ;)
    DazMarz wrote: »
    Or: being on various substances in an Amsterdam nightclub and being convinced I was watching the bowels of hell opening before me. I was screaming ''IT'S THE RAPTURE! THE RAPTURE!!!'' before I was thrown out.
    That cracked me up! Laugh of the night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭butter13222

Or: being on various substances in an Amsterdam nightclub and being convinced I was watching the bowels of hell opening before me. I was screaming ''IT'S THE RAPTURE! THE RAPTURE!!!'' before I was thrown out.[/quote]
    quote of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Went into a pub in Laragh one sunday afternoon to see a young boy, no more than 8 or 9, sitting AT THE BAR, beside what I presumed to be his mother, glass of Guinness in front of him, reading his comics. Assumed it was the mother's drink but nope, she had another one in front of her, and as I was watching, young boy sips his guinness & continues to do so for the duration of my stay there.

Didn't even occur to me til much later that I should have spoken to the manager. Or the guards!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

He probably had poor iron levels. Poor kid, you wanting to take his meds away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

A cat attacking my mate in a beer garden one night at the start of summer 2007 and then returning to bite him every saturday night for the rest of the summer.

The owner of our local leaving me and the same friend on our own in the bar for 20 minutes while she went out for ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

That's Hell's Kitchen in Castlerea ;)

I know it well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

This

Wasn't actually in the pub when it happened though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Unusual things I have seen in a pub.........mmmmmm
    A giant turtle shell, people actually thought it was a small boat.
    A rubber bullet,
    A piece of the Berlin wall,
    The Edge on an old style telephone,
    A rendition of Riverdance that I will never forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

not technically in a pub but do remember being at a party in a hotel wit a nightclub downstairs, fight broke out in the club and the only 2 guards in the local station(which is behind the hotel) bringing people out side and handcuffing them to the railings outside while they waited for backup:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Was out with brother in law and his friends from work, somehow talk started about who had the biggest trouser snake, couple lads whipped theirs out, one lad came back from the toilet, seen what was happening, walked to the bar, opened his zip, and "WHACK" he slapped his on the bar and said "is this big enough for the competition"

Women fainted and men cried.....LOL

In my old local the one of my mates father was having an affair with the landlady, one evening the landlady's daughter returned home from the hospital (the landlord was ill)and found the pair of them in the back.

Lots of screaming and shouting, bottles flying over the bar, he comes out covered with blood! Landlady and daughter are having a catfight behind the bar! hair and blood everywhere & more flying bottles!

Mate takes his dad home (has round two with the missus), Mates grandad (father in law) then calls the landlady a "fucking whore" and gets barred!

She then stomps off! soon afterwards my mates dad returns (the missus has kicked him out) has a few more jars and sleeps round his sons place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Went into a pub in Laragh one sunday afternoon to see a young boy, no more than 8 or 9, sitting AT THE BAR, beside what I presumed to be his mother, glass of Guinness in front of him, reading his comics. Assumed it was the mother's drink but nope, she had another one in front of her, and as I was watching, young boy sips his guinness & continues to do so for the duration of my stay there.

Didn't even occur to me til much later that I should have spoken to the manager. Or the guards!

Nothing wrong with it IMO.

not technically in a pub but do remember being at a party in a hotel wit a nightclub downstairs, fight broke out in the club and the only 2 guards in the local station(which is behind the hotel) bringing people out side and handcuffing them to the railings outside while they waited for backup:D

The land mark in Carrick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Degag wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with it IMO.

That doesn't change the fact that it's against the law.

And to be honest, I really can't see how introducing a child of that age to the effects of alcohol is a good thing.

Advertisement