Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

i've a feeling there'll be 9 or 10 intakes, just going by the numbers. There's 378 spaces and there's been 6 intakes, that haven't all been completely filled. Stay positive people, pass the PCA and medical, get the online learning done and you've done all you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DB89

1PCPLOD wrote: »
    I dnt get why they would refer candidates bk to recruitment who are deemed qualified and capable for garnerville having passed all aspects of the tests Including costly medicals and begin the process all over again with new candidates. If after 14 months of biten finger nails I was to be knocked bk at this stage I think id crack up!

I definitely get where you are coming from, it was only the other day I realised I'd had two birthdays since applying for the September 2013 campagin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I dnt get why they would refer candidates bk to recruitment who are deemed qualified and capable for garnerville having passed all aspects of the tests Including costly medicals and begin the process all over again with new candidates. If after 14 months of biten finger nails I was to be knocked bk at this stage I think id crack up!

They've done it before in previous campaigns. People sitting waiting for the call suddenly get a letter saying recruitment freeze, thanks but no thanks. All those folk had to reapply from the start.

I suppose that's why it's vital to apply on every campaign as a back up. Don't put all your eggs in one basket and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brunoboy

I do think there are a few more intakes..I got offer in last calls and did think I needed to defer,thankfully I've a very understanding other half and in the end accepted..when I said about possibly having to defer they lady explained the process..I would assume if there were no more intakes she would of either told me or warned me about the danger of deferring at this time but there was none of that.
    From that I'd say they is a very good chance of a few more intakes..surely if there wasn't she would of said there was no intake to defer to!
    I know it's not easy,but count out your 5weeks+cross everything your in next intake!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

There will be more intakes....

• Advertisement

My guess is two possibly three more

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Hiya I just about passed the IST would a low score have a massive impact upon qualifying? Assuming that you get a decent AC score.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Psni26 wrote: »
    Hiya I just about passed the IST would a low score have a massive impact upon qualifying? Assuming that you get a decent AC score.

It could possibly be used as a tiebreaker if there's one space left and two people with same ac score. But then again with this process they may just toss a coin!

I passed by the pass mark..got 69 at AC+I'm in so don't worry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

That's ok, I wasn't sure I want to at least have a chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

Add me to that list of waiting.... :) Delighted to have everything completed now. Any idea on the wait between getting the Thumbs up for medical and getting a call? How much notice do they give once called as well? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

Add me to that list of waiting.... :) Delighted to have everything completed now. Any idea on the wait between getting the Thumbs up for medical and getting a call? How much notice do they give once called as well? Any ideas?

Its about 5 weeks for both waits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol you don't want to know how long some of us have been waiting!! Basically you have to have passed everything at least 4 weeks before the next lot of calls. You're invited to an induction weekend a couple of weeks after and I think it's 5 weeks from the call to start date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Shaved Fish

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol you don't want to know how long some of us have been waiting!! Basically you have to have passed everything at least 4 weeks before the next lot of calls. You're invited to an induction weekend a couple of weeks after and I think it's 5 weeks from the call to start date

I had to provide additional evidence for my medical (is wasn't classed as a pass/fail on the day) and was told I had passed twelve weeks later. The following week I got the call, so the four weeks doesn't appear to be true?

I had to provide additional evidence for my medical (is wasn't classed as a pass/fail on the day) and was told I had passed twelve weeks later. The following week I got the call, so the four weeks doesn't appear to be true?

Just going on what the lady from HR told me when I quizzed why my vetting passed in august but didn't get a September call with 71%AC and therefore my PCA expired and I'm having to repeat.

Mop a top wrote: »
    Just going on what the lady from HR told me when I quizzed why my vetting passed in august but didn't get a September call with 71%AC and therefore my PCA expired and I'm having to repeat.

Sorry to hear that. :( You probably have enough experience on this board now to replace Shield as moderator though. ;)

Get a blank page every time I try to edit my above message. To clarify, I wasn't saying you were lying or anything! :P Just seems odd that you've been told one thing yet it may not actually be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

Bear this in mind: You may have got a letter to say that you passed the medical within a few days of your appointment but you will also have provided a sample for the SMT which takes time and your vetting won't close until that result comes back.

Get a blank page every time I try to edit my above message. To clarify, I wasn't saying you were lying or anything! :P Just seems odd that you've been told one thing yet it may not actually be the case.

It's alright. I wasn't assuming that at all. I've had my eyes opened during this recruitment process and I've seen how many variations there can be according to how long people wait etc. it's all taken with a pinch if salt. I'm not on here saying I'm right or someone else is, I'm just sharing my experiences lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Just got a reminder email for AC. Should I go?

Just missed the call last time by a few places, so should be in this next batch, unless there's another spanner in the works ! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭crinkley

Just got a reminder email for AC. Should I go?

Just missed the call last time by a few places, so should be in this next batch, unless there's another spanner in the works ! :pac:

With all the uncertainty with budgets etc for NI and the DUP announcement today Id be throwing my hat into as many rings as possible. I don't think it will happen but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if all the current recruitment isn't filled considering the higher pay. What's the harm in going for it?

crinkley wrote: »
    With all the uncertainty with budgets etc for NI and the DUP announcement today Id be throwing my hat into as many rings as possible. I don't think it will happen but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if all the current recruitment isn't filled considering the higher pay. What's the harm in going for it?

Good auld spin for me though thats the only thing :/

I'll get a few more opinions first sure.

I went too. Was a pain in the ass getting down there for that time in the morning and getting the kids sorted the night before etc but I'd definitely go.

If it was me I'd def go..better being safe,just incase..I'd say giving position your in you will get call in next few weeks but I'd always air on side of caution and go to it

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nr14

Good Evening! I don't post very often so hi all :)
    I'm sitting on AC 64 and just wondering if anyone knows what the last batch of calls were on roughly? Many thanks :)

Think the majority were 66,no 65s that I'm aware of unless anyone else knows better?

Think the majority were 66,no 65s that I'm aware of unless anyone else knows better?

Yehp were a few 65's indeed ! Young Oztop there got the call and im assuming a good few more did too!

Ah I must've missed that,good news.. Majority 65s and a few 64s next intake then all being well

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nr14

Fingers crossed then!

• Advertisement

Next intakes are only going to be in batches of 24 though ! :(

Advertisement