Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accomodation in Roscommon town

• 31-07-2013 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭

Ok so i started looking for accommodation in Roscommon town for august 17th yesterday...so far nothing available.

Can anyone tell me any hotels, etc within maybe 10k I could try instead?

Not loving the idea of a 170km drive home at 3am....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Have you tried Gleeson's? Slap bang in the middle of town.

Also the Abbey Hotel, very nice, about 10 mins walk from town centre.

Also Hannon's Hotel a bit further out. And there are a load of b&bs in the town too.

I would imagine you should get a room in one of them, the town is never that busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

all booked out as well as all B&Bs I was referred to so far!!!! :( 11 people on waiting list for abbey also

What the hell is on that weekend?

one of the guys in a B&B told me theres a few things on in the town that weekend. Im at a wedding in the abbey, but cant imagine its that big a wedding!!

Try Ross House B&B - www.rosshouse.ie Just a bit out Convent Road and not far from Abbey Hotel.

• Advertisement

tried them too..tried all the ones on bord failte list too :P. Even in athlone there's only one place has availability that night...and if im going that far may as well go home anyway.

Will drive back to Dub...could be worse.. at least no traffic on N61/M6 at that stage :D

Ya can have one of my spare rooms, can't promise a full irish in the morning though :pac:.

A fair drive back after a long day at a wedding. What can ya do.

Did you try Carthy's who have recently taken over the Coachmans pub. Accommodation upstairs.

Well the guy in the coachmans is booked out also but i did find the below 17th and 18th in Roscommon. The Mcmanus family "Gathering"

http://www.thegatheringireland.com/View-Gatherings/individual-gathering.aspx?eid=2241&name=McManus%20Clan%20Gathering%202013%20To%20Drum#.UfkFOo3viM4

will keep an eye out anyway, sure i can test out the cars acceleration on the way home anyway :D

paul in coachmans sorted me out! Great guy!

Good stuff. A neighbour of mine and sound fella.

Btw it's now Carthy's and not the Coachman's anymore.

Enjoy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement