Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Probably not!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 howzat

I got Samsung S3 yesterday, having huge problems with Vodafone, migrated number from PAYG to Billpay and my number missing???? Really annoying and inconvenient not to have access to my number. It better be sorted out tomorrow morning!
    2nd problem, Wifi not working today, was working perfectly yesterday and this morning. It is connected but I can not access internet. Any ideas please??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

howzat wrote: »
    I got Samsung S3 yesterday, having huge problems with Vodafone, migrated number from PAYG to Billpay and my number missing???? Really annoying and inconvenient not to have access to my number. It better be sorted out tomorrow morning!
    2nd problem, Wifi not working today, was working perfectly yesterday and this morning. It is connected but I can not access internet. Any ideas please??

Nice first post...

both your problems do not sound like they are related to the phone..

Mobile Number = Vodafone's problem
    Wifi Connected but no internet = modem or ISP problem.

Welcome to Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Anyone noticing lag when returning to the hone screen from an app? It doesn't happen every time but now and then it takes a few seconds for the homescrern to load up? Anyone noticed this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,381 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Any idea of what the update actually did? I opted not to update as I thought it would reset the phone. I'm rooted do would I have to able to do the update ota?

Where can I get the update now since I choose "later" option.

Not a huge amount by the looks of it, minor enough stuff:
    http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2012/06/12/samsung-galaxy-s3-ota-update-pushed-out/

• Advertisement

Davie89 wrote: »
    Anyone noticing lag when returning to the hone screen from an app? It doesn't happen every time but now and then it takes a few seconds for the homescrern to load up? Anyone noticed this

Yes i did with TW but when i changed to Apex this went away.

There is also the tip of disabling the double click home button for voice shortcut so the phone doesnt wait for a second press of the button

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Anyone know how to replace the settings key with a comma key on the default keyboard, I actually like the keyboard a lot and don't want to use Go or anything, but lack of comma really irkes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I notice my wifi craps out sometimes and I need to turn it off and back on again to get it working

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

same here. put on apex too and it went away.
    fionny wrote: »
    Yes i did with TW but when i changed to Apex this went away.

There is also the tip of disabling the double click home button for voice shortcut so the phone doesnt wait for a second press of the button

errlloyd wrote: »
    Anyone know how to replace the settings key with a comma key on the default keyboard, I actually like the keyboard a lot and don't want to use Go or anything, but lack of comma really irkes me.

I dont believe that is possible. You could probably find the .apk with the stock keyboard in it somewhere. I switched back to swiftkey recently.

• Advertisement

is there any way to get my calendar events on to the lock screen? Don't think the stock rom can do it but maybe an app somewhere?

thanks

elderlemon wrote: »
    is there any way to get my calendar events on to the lock screen? Don't think the stock rom can do it but maybe an app somewhere?

thanks

Mayhaps this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.lockscreenCalendar&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImRlLmo0dmVsaW4ubG9ja3NjcmVlbkNhbGVuZGFyIl0.

You'll probably have to change lockscreen outright to something else instead then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Widget locker?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Just got delivery of my SGS3 today :cool:

Have it charging atm, so haven't turned it on and set up my gmail account settings etc...

Just wondering, do I need to have the phone connected to Wifi to set up my gmail settings etc...? Reason I ask is i've just gotten rid of my Wifi connection at home so I'll be relying on mobile data from now on.

Am I ok to go and set up my phone via mobile data, or should I wait til I go somewhere with Wifi before setting it up?

Sorry for the n00b question! :o

You should be fine on Mobile Data, just keep an eye on you data limits.

Got mine yesterday on my parents upgrade from O2 but I am on emobile. So I am just waiting on unlock codes, but I kinda need it for the weekend, any idea how long those unlock codes normally take to come through.

Got mine yesterday on my parents upgrade from O2 but I am on emobile. So I am just waiting on unlock codes, but I kinda need it for the weekend, any idea how long those unlock codes normally take to come through.

Are you sure its locked? (most so far have not been) Did you try with your sim in?

Are you sure its locked? (most so far have not been) Did you try with your sim in?

I'm gonna try now and feel like a right twat if its not.

When I requested the unlock codes o2 seemed happy to oblige rather than just saying "its not locked" and the carphone warehouse guy was adamant that o2 and vodafone lock their stock/

• Advertisement

When I requested the unlock codes o2 seemed happy to oblige rather than just saying "its not locked" and the carphone warehouse guy was adamant that o2 and vodafone lock their stock/

Let us know!

I dont think I have heard of a locked one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

Let us know!

I dont think I have heard of a locked one yet.
    Mine is locked from 3.

And it turns out the damn thing was never locked in the first place, thank you carphone...

Also thank you Fionny for suggesting I check it, really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

1 day, 9 hrs, 44% battery with 3hrs.50mins screen time, not bad at all, better in fact than the Desire Hd its replaced

• Registered Users Posts: 3 howzat

Happy camper now, Vodafone sorted out my number/simcard after 2 days. Wifi ok, had to do factory reset so fingers crossed. Are Samsung Galaxy s3's from Vodafone locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Happy camper now, Vodafone sorted out my number/simcard after 2 days. Wifi ok, had to do factory reset so fingers crossed. Are Samsung Galaxy s3's from Vodafone locked?

Type *#7465625# A window will pop up telling you what locks are on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

stoopid question, but there is the number 1 beside my phone symbol since today. like i missed a call. i've flicked through everyhting and cant get it off. its annoying me now. :rolleyes:

please help me get rid of it. i've done everything

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

I am loving this phone soooooooo much!!!

It's spectacular!!

I'm coming from a Desire HD & loved HTC!

Got the HOX & sent it back.:o

The SGS3 is totally amazing!!:D

I just said 'Alarm' & it asked me what time!!!:eek:

And then it set up my alarm with just a few more verbal instructions!!!:eek:

I think I'm in love!!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Thinking about going into 3 to get one of these tomorrow. Anything I should consider before I go for it?

Advertisement