Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

Kevin please come over for some gay sex, way better than the crappy one I had :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

excellent episode...

2 Annie's = 4 Boobs... Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

One of the best eps, definitely.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Great episode. Troy's truth serum bit was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

The shippers are going to love it when Annie said hooking up with Jeff, while not her primary objective, would be a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Loved it, I love the Abed character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Oh my god, what a fantastic episode. I totally didn't cry during the bit when Abed was in the locker >.>

I want to know how they made the Dean's outfit! And I would totally watch Greendale Hospital School if it was real :p

Edit: Here's a link with some info and photos from next week's episode - the Law and Order tribute. The return of Todd!

Edit 2: Info on the (hour long!) finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭sillo

Excellent episode. It seems the show is now as polarised as the audience; for me every week is either brilliant (this week) or appalling (second part of the pillow fort) and rarely anything in between.

• For me, one of the greatest moments was Dean Pelton questioning his own costumes.

For me, one of the greatest moments was Dean Pelton questioning his own costumes.

Totally agree. a usually obnoxious unfunny character but he really made me laugh this week for a change!

• Advertisement

I think it's because they grounded the character in a sense of reality for once - maybe the shows been spending too much time in pure farce land lately.

sillo wrote: »
    Totally agree. a usually obnoxious unfunny character but he really made me laugh this week for a change!

I need help reacting to this.

I need help reacting to this.

haha - touché

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Excellent episode and very funny. At the end though, part of me wanted to see how all those events actually transpired in 'reality', with Abed jumping about playing the various characters. In many ways it's such a different show from series 1, you can see how very slowly the more absurd & meta things crept in, such as Dean's wardrobe or Abed's ... uhh... Abedity!

• It's likely that in some future episode, we might get to see how it would have looked. It happened with Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Loved this episode. Absolutely loved it. One of my favourites of all the Community episodes.

Troy and Britta kissing was odd. :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It seems the show is now as polarised as the audience; for me every week is either brilliant (this week) or appalling (second part of the pillow fort) and rarely anything in between.
    Really? I'm not aware of this polarising effect nor are most posters here. Never seen anyone, until now, describe an episode of "Community" as "appalling". Its worst episode is still better than the majority of all US comedies.

This was a particularly brilliant episode - a great one for all the long-term fans. I do wonder what someone, used to the likes of "Two and a Half Men", would have thought if they'd stumbled across this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I DIDN'T GET INCEPTION! so many layers...

• What's the song Troy and Abed whistle frequently?

ixoy wrote: »
    Really? I'm not aware of this polarising effect nor are most posters here. Never seen anyone, until now, describe an episode of "Community" as "appalling". Its worst episode is still better than the majority of all US comedies.

Oh I've got to disagree with you there. You don't think Community has had any bad episodes at all? For me the third season has a noticable decline in it's appeal. I mean OK perhaps appalling is too strong a phrase but for me the cracks are really beginning to show here; for example, I particularly disliked the second pillowfort episode, the awful 'pierece's dad' stuff, and the general lack of evolution the show has demonstrated since season 1.

That is not to say it's generally bad - it's not - it's just become quite predictable - with notable exceptions being the crazy-abed-episodes where they shake up the whole format and try something new and bold. This is almost always brilliant (most recent episode, the multiple realities episode) although the pillow fort documentary was snoretastic IMO.

We've had 68 episodes now, Jeff and Annie still want to hump, Britta is still a bore, Shirley is still one-dimensional and Abed-centric episodes are the only thing that continues to bring the magic for me. I'll keep watching - there's still enough juice there to keep me tuning in - but at it's weakest, it is merely an average comedy and can be outclassed by other comedies on right now (personally I'm a huge parks & rec fan but comedy is subjective i suppose).

• Advertisement

Oh I've got to disagree with you there. You don't think Community has had any bad episodes at all? For me the third season has a noticable decline in it's appeal. I mean OK perhaps appalling is too strong a phrase but for me the cracks are really beginning to show here; for example, I particularly disliked the second pillowfort episode, the awful 'pierece's dad' stuff, and the general lack of evolution the show has demonstrated since season 1.

That is not to say it's generally bad - it's not - it's just become quite predictable - with notable exceptions being the crazy-abed-episodes where they shake up the whole format and try something new and bold. This is almost always brilliant (most recent episode, the multiple realities episode) although the pillow fort documentary was snoretastic IMO.

We've had 68 episodes now, Jeff and Annie still want to hump, Britta is still a bore, Shirley is still one-dimensional and Abed-centric episodes are the only thing that continues to bring the magic for me. I'll keep watching - there's still enough juice there to keep me tuning in - but at it's weakest, it is merely an average comedy and can be outclassed by other comedies on right now (personally I'm a huge parks & rec fan but comedy is subjective i suppose).
    And I'll disagree with you, overall it's been on a definite upward curve since it started.

Fair enough, maybe it's just me - no accounting for taste i suppose :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

What's the song Troy and Abed whistle frequently?
    That would be "Daybreak" by Michael Haggins. I think it's first heard during Abed's logical Halloween story. Annie hummed it in one episode too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Benzino

ixoy wrote: »

This was a particularly brilliant episode - a great one for all the long-term fans. I do wonder what someone, used to the likes of "Two and a Half Men", would have thought if they'd stumbled across this...

Don't really follow this thread, but I'm surprised at this to be honest. I must admit that I thought the first 2~3 episodes in season 1 were bad (not appalling, but bad none the less). In fact the only reason I kept with the show was because I was forewarned that the first few were bad, but that it gets much better (which it did).

The imdb message board and Community subreddit always have people saying the episodes are appalling, but personally I think season 3 has been the best yet. Each to their own I suppose. I love the show for the characters, the funny plots help too but it wasn't them that got me interested in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Looking forward to the next episode. Wonder how they will utilise the Todd character.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh I've got to disagree with you there. You don't think Community has had any bad episodes at all? For me the third season has a noticable decline in it's appeal. I mean OK perhaps appalling is too strong a phrase but for me the cracks are really beginning to show here; for example, I particularly disliked the second pillowfort episode,
    :eek:

:eek::eek:

That was an awesome episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Wish they would bring back Professor Duncan for an episode or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wish they would bring back Professor Duncan for an episode or two.
    Also more Professor Professorson :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Duncan was/is a great character - I've never seen a 'couldn't-care-less drunk' character done so well - I always suspected we were heading towards a reveal with his character the same way we found out Chang was a fake Spanish teacher. Fingers crossed he'll make a return.

For me, this season has seen a lot more dips then previous seasons - and the pillow fort second episode was one of the low points. I still enjoy it, I still hold high hopes that each episode will be 'one of the greats' - but sometimes they just simply aren't.

Advertisement