Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer lingus- paying for seats?

• 12-02-2011 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been done before, can't find anything on it.

I'm trying to check in on aer lingus and it looks like you have to choose your seats but pay for them. I booked my flights at the end of December and there was the option of choosing for seats but why do I have to choose them now, and pay for them??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Unless things have changed in the last few months you don't have to choose your seats. As soon as you've finished your booking that page comes up but you don't have to do anything about it. Have you already given your cc details and paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Don't bother choosing them now. It's just another way of trying to get more €s off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

The extra leg room ones cost 10euro , it can be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

Yeah the seats are booked and all. It's just that I was checking in online for a flight next week and it wouldn't let me progress onto the check in confirmation unless I booked seats-which you have to extra for apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

ICANN wrote: »
    Yeah the seats are booked and all. It's just that I was checking in online for a flight next week and it wouldn't let me progress onto the check in confirmation unless I booked seats-which you have to extra for apparently.

I think tahrs the advanced check in . If you wait till 48 hours before the fight it's free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

I'm just looking there again and it was the advance check in I was trying to do whereas the other option is just normal web check in (available 30 hours before you fly) so it must be a new money making thing they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its misleading. You do NOT have to pay for seats. Your ticket is already booked by the time that you get to that window.

You select them at check in. However someone who paid for them gets first preference obviously.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can only use advanced check in if you've paid for a seat. Otherwise you will be a) requested to pay or b) have to wait until normal online check-in opens the day before your flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

whats the story with luggage bags if you do the online check in , do you still bring them to the counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

whats the story with luggage bags if you do the online check in , do you still bring them to the counter?

Yes. Back in the T1 days, there were separate counters for those checking in and those dropping off bags only. The arrangement is probably the same in T2 now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement