Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15% off Irish Rail. Codes only TUESDAY and SATURDAY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

Star1292 is the code. Valid until Fri nite

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Taken for the Star: STAR1292.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Peadar06 wrote: »
    Taken for the Star: STAR1292.

Peter

Savage lads, will try in a bit!!

Edit: Confirmed 100% working ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Lovely, thanks guys, just had to book a bunch of expensive tickets - that's helped a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kspace

Jaysus... i forget to check this tread one day and the code has expired! ARRRGGHHH. Will there be another code on Sat ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Fishy1

kspace wrote: »
    Jaysus... i forget to check th10is tread one day and the code has expired! ARRRGGHHH. Will there be another code on Sat ?
    Code for Saturday 10th. December: 2T1256

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Code for Saturday 10th. December: 2T1256

Was able to get 20% off last night so thanx to OP for posting it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kspace

me too ! cherrio

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Codes oy for this week? I'm
    Travelling on Dec 28th, back 29th (gal-dub), would love a not so expensive fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

false economy lads,did irish rail not go up 15% from the budget is it not kicking in until january??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

No fares don't increase until January and not all fares going up by 15% the announcement was for Dublin/Commuter fares, not sure they've announced Intercity fares yet.

Next code is tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 grad06

Anyone have today's O2 code??? Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnnyblues

O2T1263

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Am heading to dublin on satuday for the leinster game,and have decided that the train may be the best option.
    My question is, how long before the train departure time can I book on-line with a discount code?
    cheers to all the code givers btw

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Slevster wrote: »
    Am heading to dublin on satuday for the leinster game,and have decided that the train may be the best option.
    My question is, how long before the train departure time can I book on-line with a discount code?
    cheers to all the code givers btw

You have to book the train 90 minutes before you intend to go on it.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Damon Blake

To clarify, I think he means at least 90 minutes before, if the code is valid you can book it however long in advance you want. Less than 90 minutes and no online booking is available, with or without a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

hi.

i will be travelling from dublin to limerick on Dec 27 and returning Dec 29. does anybody have a code that will be valid for those dates?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

who_ru wrote: »
    hi.

i will be travelling from dublin to limerick on Dec 27 and returning Dec 29. does anybody have a code that will be valid for those dates?

thanks.

I trust by this time you'll have read the thread title. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hunkydory1

I'm travelling tomorrow at 9.30am. Can anybody get me a code?! Are codes posted up early Saturday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

The discount code will be available later tonight (from midnight onwards)

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Much appreciated. Will pop back after twelve:)

TTT cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Fishy1

T21274 code for Saturday 17th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

tickets booked with code (a safe 2 hours before departure time).
    Thanks fishy1 for the code and peader and damon blake for info

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Has anyone else never, ever, ever, ever been able to successfully book tickets the first time around in irishrail.ie? It works the second time, but the first time it throw up an error and boots me back to the first screen.

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Has anyone else never, ever, ever, ever been able to successfully book tickets the first time around in irishrail.ie? It works the second time, but the first time it throw up an error and boots me back to the first screen.

Have had the EXACT same issue as you loads of times....hopefully it will be a thing of the past with new.irishrail.ie :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

madmoe wrote: »
    Have had the EXACT same issue as you loads of times....hopefully it will be a thing of the past with new.irishrail.ie :-)

Finally! Kindred spirits. I put a thread up on it before but nobody had same issue. I've always suspected its a ploy to get you to give up and go and pay full whack in the station. Doesn't seem browser related or platform. Not that it really matters now of course, without our trusty codes here (big thanks to all, particularly our man on the inside ;) ) the ticket price is essentially the same as the station now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

rivalius13 wrote: »

I used to travel every single weekend and it would never work the first time, drove me mad!

On another note, does any kind soul have the code for today (Tuesday 20), if I don't book a train home for Christmas soon the mother will have me slaughtered. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Folie a deux

Today's Code: 2T1268

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

tommy21 wrote: »
    Finally! Kindred spirits. I put a thread up on it before but nobody had same issue. I've always suspected its a ploy to get you to give up and go and pay full whack in the station. Doesn't seem browser related or platform. Not that it really matters now of course, without our trusty codes here (big thanks to all, particularly our man on the inside ;) ) the ticket price is essentially the same as the station now anyway.
    I didn't see your thread tommy21 but have replied on another

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75420741&utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=notify#post75420741

I can confirm when I tried as per comment on this thread in IE it worked fine first time, so did point at being a browser issue possibly

Advertisement