Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I Hate Football

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

djhunter30 wrote: »
    Soccer as some would call it, is one of the only sports on this planet I absolutely despise and for the following reason.

So you like your sport to encourage blatant thuggery?

This doesn't happen in soccer because throwing punches means a player would get sent off.

Very few of them punches landed anyways, would have just been called handbags in a soccer match. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I Was VB wrote: »
    Why do us non-football fans have to endure the endless ****e that will be forced down our necks???

I dont care if the goal keeper person from Manchester Rovers is playing for Inter-Pool, so stop gicking on about it!!!

Have you ever wondered why these were invemted?

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20040607_6_remotes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

srfc19 wrote: »
    So you like your sport to encourage blatant thuggery?

This doesn't happen in soccer because throwing punches means a player would get sent off.

Very few of them punches landed anyways, would have just been called handbags in a soccer match. :p

No see,they would get sent off,just after they tire each other out! Would you try to stop a rugby fight?!

And rugby isent full of thugs,of course there are some,but mostly its full of civil people.

From the grass-root under-age level players are taught to respect the ref and not question him,just to get on with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

As opposed to beating the ****e out of your opponent and getting sin binned or sent off and letting your team mates down?

I'd rather see a lad get send off for good reason, as opposed to some lad diving to gain the unfair advantage due to lack of talent. Anyway, unless you're a real dirty player, sinbin is only temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Football is awesome :D!!! As sports go, it's hard to beat a good 5-a side ;).

However, i've much better things to do with my time than waste it watching other people play sports. I actually consider it a bit sad :eek:.

The way i see it, televised sport is something many men take an interest in more to fit in than out of real enjoyment. I consider myself above this sort of behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

From the grass-root under-age level players are taught to respect the ref and not question him,just to get on with it.

That's irrelevant. They see the real pros do it differently every Saturday and Sunday.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    That's irrelevant. They see the real pros do it differently every Saturday and Sunday.

In Rugby?

Its common practice that the captains and any player involved in an incident may talk to the ref,others will be told in no uncertain terms to feck off!

In Rugby?

Its common practice that the captains and any player involved in an incident may talk to the ref,others will be told in no uncertain terms to feck off!

Damn! Thread is about Rugby football.

"Not that way, son. This way. See: thumb in the eye, but only on the blindside."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

vinylmesh wrote: »
    Football is awesome :D!!! As sports go, it's hard to beat a good 5-a side ;).

Cuts down on the midfield that

Damn! Thread is about Rugby football.

"Not that way, son. This way. See: thumb in the eye, but only on the blindside."

What? I'am confused :confused: :pac:

Yup,see rugby they throw sly punches when no one is looking to sort out their problems,football they cry to mammy (ref)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

One reason why I have utter contempt for the sport and little respect for some players. It annoys me slightly to think that kids are growing up and wanting to follow in the foot steps of their sporting heros. Granted rugby maybe no better at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Why do us non-football fans have to endure the endless ****e that will be forced down our necks???

I dont care if the goal keeper person from Manchester Rovers is playing for Inter-Pool, so stop gicking on about it!!!
    lmao:D suffer on vb.. you know the great thing is when the world cup finishes we will just have gotten our breath back and the premership will start for another season!!! life doesnt get much better:D fantastic!

What? I'am confused :confused: :pac:

So am I. Let's talk about the fine athletes playing Golf instead.

P.S. Which mod will close this, do you think? I'm going with Sharpshooter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

They should move it to the Soccer forum

Golf requires an extreme level of fitness and sneakiness,sure look at Tiger!

Some say he was playing 9 holes,others say 18,counting the back 9 ;)

Now if there wasn't a more scandelous sport to be associated with at the moment thanks to tiger. Kids will probably want to grow up to be nike sponsored multimillionaires shagging every model they can get their hands on while the missus takes care of the kids :P
    rovert wrote: »
    They should move it to the Soccer forum

Think we should leave this one where it is. It were about Dublin, I wouldn't care so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

What is with all the petty "the sport/hobbie/whatever I like is so much better than yours" posts. Some people like soccer, some like rugby, some like other stuff. Whatever, we get it, get over it.

I love soccer as if it was a big-breasted blonde ready to ravage me, but I don't feel the need to tell everybody how much better it is than whatever they like. Some people don't like it, I get it. Now let me enjoy the World Cup!

What is with all the petty...

It's AH. We're supposed to be petty, Peter Clarke.

It's one of those petty in-built things. The urge to tell someone how much better we are or something else is, is within us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

It's AH. We're supposed to be petty, Peter Clarke.

Peter Clarke???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I bloomin' love the World Cup.

It makes such a change from having the constant Eastenders / Coronation Street / Emmerdale / Fair City / Whatever other sh1te soap that seems to be ever present the tele these days, no matter what day of the week it is.

**breath**

I bloomin' love the World Cup :)
    If only it lasted for 6 months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Boohoo you have to dodge something you dislike on TV for a couple of months. I spend anytime I'm watching TV dodging crappy soaps, reality TV, stupid MTV programs that have nothing to do with music and stupid celebrity crap aimed at morons. Get over it and stop whinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

When seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Just cause your obviously crap at football doesn't require a thread to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

mayordenis wrote: »
    Just cause your obviously crap at football doesn't require a thread to be made.

OP and his/her ilk should maybe just stand outside for the duration of each game, and let us real blokes enjoy our football. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

ascanbe wrote: »
    When seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Maradona?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

hi op

bye op

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Mr Cawley wrote: »
    Maradona?

No, that other great philosopher, Eric Cantona.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Mr Cawley wrote: »
    Maradona?

Cantona

Edit: Beaten to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

<no text speak>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement