Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Student

• 02-03-2013 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I am currently a Leaving Cert Student in Galway and I am basically just confused at what to do next year. I am hoping to join the Guards eventually but I have no idea what to do for a few years before I apply. I understand that it is really hard to get accepted so would I just be better off to ignore it for now and concentrate on something else. I am just wondering is there anyone out there who has any idea on the recruitment of the Gardai? Is there actually anything that they look particularly for or can you have any sort of degree before applying? I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

get yourself off to college, or do some travelling, work fulltime or whatever it may be

all will stand to you

if you go down the college road, the best thing is to study something you have a passion for. if you want to be garda specific, theres all sorts of legal and social studies degrees and courses. perhaps your into computers or accounting - all these come is useful in the investigations of crime so they would not be a waste

get involved in the community, youth clubs, GAA etc

volunteer some time to charities perhaps, or social support groups

Join the Garda Reserve and get some frontline policing experience

theres plenty to do and time is on your side! just keep building the CV

Advertisement