Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NBA Playoffs 2012

• 28-04-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

200px-Chicago_Bulls_logo.svg.pngvs. 200px-Philadelphia76ers.PNG200px-San_Antonio_Spurs.svg.png vs. 200px-Utah_Jazz_script_logo%2C_%282010_%27new_look%27%29.svg.png

200px-Miami_Heat_logo.svg.png vs. 200px-NewYorkKnicks.PNG200px-Oklahoma_City_Thunder.svg.png vs. 200px-Dallas_Mavericks_logo.svg.png

200px-Indiana_Pacers.svg.png vs. 200px-OrlandoMagicNewLogo.gif200px-LA_Lakers_logo.svg.png vs. 200px-Denver_Nuggets.svg.png

200px-Atlanta_Hawks.svg.png vs. 200px-Boston_Celtics.svg.png200px-Memphis_Grizzlies.svg.png vs. LA Clippers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

How does everyone think its going to go in East 1st round?

For me:

Bulls in 4/5
    Heat in 6
    Pacers in 4
    Celtics in 7

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

East
    Bulls in 4/5
    Heat in 5
    Pacers in 5
    Celtics in 6

West
    Spurs in 4
    Thunder in 5
    Lakers in 6
    MEM vs LAC, dunno about this one, I hope the Grizzlies win, but it''l be a 6 or 7 game series.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

If the Bulls are healthy, I think the should take care of the 76ers in 4 or 5 games, so I'm mainly hoping they stay healthy for the series. The 76ers to me are like the Bulls without Derrick Rose, well coached, defensively very well organised and disciplined, but they lack an elite scorer. The Bulls should be able to match them defensively, and have the edge on them in scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

Am I the only one that finds Chicago a very boring team to watch?

• Advertisement

NOAH!

- Good start, Rose looking a bit rusty early on, but Rip playing well.
    - The 76ers' second unit is really good, looks nearly as good as their starting unit.
    - The 76ers looking to get out and run a lot, so they don't have to play the Bulls' half-court defense, but Bulls' transition defense is pretty good as well.

Oh **** D Rose's injury better not to too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,164 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I f**king hate Thibs right now.

All season I've been bitching about him leaving players in the game when the game is over. Now look what happens!

Disaster. The injury looked really bad. Always an element of bad luck with injuries but I was thinking a minute or two before 'why is Rose still in there?', the game was won, up 14 points with under 3 mins to go. He's played very little in the last 6 weeks & players are more vulnerable returning from injury.

• Advertisement

Flagrant?

GTFO.

Flops aside, Lebron is beasting.

Heat are intense. Trolling the last few weeks of the regular season it would appear.

Unsurprising.

LeBron:

fish_flop_hg_wht.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Stuck in work so links for games would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Rose is done for the season. Torn ACL.

Absolutely devastated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,164 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I feel sick. Could have easily been avoided too.

Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

Gutted. Just gutted.

Torn ACL? Lousy.
    Not a Bulls fan but was looking forward to seeing him shine in the playoffs.
    You cannot blame the coach for the injury but at the same time, he should have been benched by then

Turkoglu for the Magic is spending more time fixing his face mask than concentrating on his game.
    Missed layups, poor secondary help on D.
    Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Sad to see Rose out. Dunno what all this rubbish about it being prevented is about though. He just elevated for a shot and it went. It was obviously going to go anway.

Enjoying my Pacers getting things started against the Magic :D

RMDrive wrote: »
    Sad to see Rose out. Dunno what all this rubbish about it being prevented is about though. He just elevated for a shot and it went. It was obviously going to go anway.

Enjoying my Pacers getting things started against the Magic :D

The point is the Bulls had the game wrapped up. He should have been on the bench.
    Look at the Knicks v Heat game. Lebron, Wade, Bosh all sitting out the last 5mins.

Anyways, Orlando are keeping it close after the first quarter, 21-22 to Pacers.
    How long will it take the Pacers to pull away?

• Advertisement

killwill wrote: »
    The point is the Bulls had the game wrapped up. He should have been on the bench.
    Look at the Knicks v Heat game. Lebron, Wade, Bosh all sitting out the last 5mins.

Anyways, Orlando are keeping it close after the first quarter, 21-22 to Pacers.
    How long will it take the Pacers to pull away?

What I'm getting at is that whether it happened at that point or in the first quarter of the next game was irrevelant. His knee was obviously weak. There was little or no twisting involved in the injury - he just planted and elevated. Shame to see - great players and a good guy.

Pacers letting the Magic hang around. Pacers bench have been poor for the last few games andn the same again so far. Would hope they can enter the 4th with the job done.

What I'm getting at is that whether it happened at that point or in the first quarter of the next game was irrevelant. His knee was obviously weak. There was little or no twisting involved in the injury - he just planted and elevated.

Indeed.

No f**k you Thibs etc is needed.

Borisss wrote: »
    Indeed.

No f**k you Thibs etc is needed.

I just said he should have been rested come the end of the game as it was already won. What is that statement about?

Anyways back on topic, huge, huge win for Orlando on the road. Jameer Nelson having a good game.
    Now for Dallas V OKC. I think Westwood and Durant will have too much for Dallas in this one.

Well that was horrible from the Pacers. Granger in particular was terrible down the stretch. It's certainly a series now.

Well that was horrible from the Pacers. Granger in particular was terrible down the stretch. It's certainly a series now.

Yeah it just makes it alittle more interesting but you still have to fancy the Pacers for the series.

What a finish to the Dallas V OKC game.
    Fricking love this time of the season!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

Thibs mentioned why he wanted Rose still out there. Rose needed the practice time anyway.

Good enough news for my Celtics though. Hopefully now get to the conference finals vs the heat now.

The thing I'm hoping happens now is other sides start to underestimate the Bulls without D Rose. That would be a very dangerous thing to do.

CJ Watson is a baller and the Bulls full roster is better than any other in the NBA and a starting lineup of Watson, Rip, Deng, Boozer and Noah is still excellent, especially with Rip's record in the playoffs. Personally I think we'll have enough to dispatch of the 76ers and we're a deeper team than either ATL or the Celtics. The season is not over yet. Believe!

On a related note, nothing sums up the difference between LeBron and Wade more than their reaction to D Rose's injury:

LeBron: “It’s unfortunate that injuries happened for him and that team. But I’m worried about the Knicks. I’m not worried about the Bulls.”

Dwyane Wade: "It's very unfortunate. When I heard about it during the game I actually said a prayer for him and his family. You never want to see anyone get injured, especially a player of his caliber. Very unfortunate. D-Rose will do his best to rehab and get back to being D-Rose."

Completely agree.

Its Lebron's focus and drive that make him the standout best player in the League.

He's also right to not worry about Chicago, I wouldn't worry about the Bulls either.

/trollface

• Advertisement

Borisss wrote: »
    Completely agree.

Its Lebron's focus and drive that make him the standout best player in the League.

He's also right to not worry about Chicago, I wouldn't worry about the Bulls either.

/trollface

Yeah, Lebron is 100% focused on the job in hand. That showed last night hitting 32pts against the Knicks.
    Obviously the Bulls are still one of the favourites but you can only be concerned about what is rght infront of you, not what is around the corner.

Advertisement