Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certificate of Compliance for non-planning project.

• 20-04-2015 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Does a home owner need a certificate of compliance with building regulations if they don't have to go for planning for the work?

Thanks
    E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Strolling Bones

Lenders (of those you will one day wish to sell to) will seek it .

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Strolling Bones

...together with a certificate confirming exemption from planning

Sales do fail over these issues.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,728 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

just because something doesnt require planning permission does not mean it doesnt need to comply with building regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MisseyB

thanks for those answers. Very helpful

I agree that all construction needs to comply with building regulations and that Lenders would prefer one. I'm trying to advise a friend and I'd like to tell her what her legal obligations are and then what is best practice.

Thanks
    E

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

Habitable spaces in a domestic or commercial setting must comply with the building regulations that were in force at the time of construction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MisseyB

Thanks Rory. Does it also need a certificate of compliance by a registered design certifier?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,728 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

MisseyB wrote: »
    Thanks Rory. Does it also need a certificate of compliance by a registered design certifier?

design and assigned certifiers only come into it on extensions over 40 sqm, or new houses.

if you didnt require planning its assumed your under 40 sq m.

anyone competent, with relevent PI insurance, can provide the certificate of compliance with building regulations and an exemption cert in regard to planning

Advertisement