Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mayrhofen Vs Sauze d'Oulx

Options
  • 12-09-2014 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for an opinion or three.

A group of us had panned to go to Kirchberg in mid-March with the Tag Trip but other alternatives are now being looked at.......

Two options that have come up are Mayrhofen and Sauze d'Oulx in mid/late February. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about either ? How might they compare ?
    I've read reviews and they both seem to be excellent, just wondering which people would prefer and why.

For a group of about 10 people ranging from 2nd weekers to solid intermediates.

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭prunudo

Having been to both resorts with similar sized groups over the last couple of years it's a tough question. We had exceptional snow when we were in Sauze which probably altered (in a positive way) our view of it slightly.
    If I had to choose again I think I'd be going back to Mayrhofen, it has a smaller hill but greater options with the lift pass covering the whole Zillertal valley plus I think the après was better than Sauze. Similar price for beer and food in both though. The Penkenbahn gondola back down at the end of the day is the only negative with Mayrhofen but there's a ski/board storage at the top so least you don't need to haul your gear down each evening.

There's not much between them to be honest and both have their up's & downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Both excellent resorts, and neither will disappoint, lift system in Mayrhofen and Zillertal is better than Sauze & will have better night life at that time of the year.

Either way you will have a good trip

Advertisement